TFs as gifts question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Jul 4, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have any of you given a TF as a gift to someone who doesn't really collect them?

I gave a RotF Knockout to a girl who owns an older model Kawasaki for her desk.
    Gave a TFA Oil Slick to my Bro-in-Law who just bought a hefty bike he is customizing.

Just wondering if you give a Transformer-themed representation of something they have or work around just as a new, interesting gift.
    TFA wreck gar to a garbage man.
    RotF dirt boss or Demolisher or rampage for a construction worker.

just curious.

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gave my wife stampy, longrack and deadend from bw neo...she thinks the animal ones are cute.......... shes not a collector by any means but appreciates that i don't smoke /drink (much) or go out all thetime.....so shes cool with my addiction.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    nope i prefer to get them something they would really want

4. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I think a transformer present would be more appropriate if they have expressed interest in the transforming toy gimmick in the first place. For example, my girl told me she loved the "red transformer" from the old cartoon and that she used to play with her cousin's transformers back in the day. So, before the movie came out, I bought her ROTF sideswipe and deep desert brawl so she can relive those memories.

Turns out, that "red transformer" meant optimus prime and not sideswipe >_< but regardless she loved them both and liked how I got them for her before the movie came out.

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I gave my oldest friend (we knew each other since we were like three) a customized Alternators Decepticharge for his birthday last year. Dude builds and installs custom exhausts at a shop called Mufflex. He's a huge Honda fan and loved it.

~Z

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When we were getting ready to visit family in the New England area, one of my younger cousins (who really likes cars) had asked my mom for a red car. So, I got him movie Cliffjumper.

In hindsight, I probably should've gotten him something less complex/less likely to have parts falling off, but he loved it all the same.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Not really given, but my wife has abducted my First Movie Bumblebee to her desk and I notice her time to time messing with him lol.

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My family gave my little cousin MP Prime for his communion. I'm not even sure if he still has it, but last year when I saw it it was missing a leg and several panels, as well as the Matrix and all of his weapons.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dpn't underdstand dropping the $$$$ for a kid to have a MP.
    I just thought that maybe getting an Alternator/Binaltech for a tuner fanatic friend, or an Optimus Prime for a trucker would be a neat idea.

Like my mom is a bus driver, so i give her school buses for her collection. She hates "The Simpsons" but the talking school bus toy is her favorite bus. (Co-workers have offered to buy it from her.)

Transforming is a gimmick, but IMO, it isn't all the toy offers.

10. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gave my two year old daughter Gravity bot Bumblebee. Probably doesn't count according to the OP but she keeps playing with it and seems to like it. Oddly she likes the alt mode and trying to force it to transform.

I'll wait a while to let her on a regular TF after she turned Animated Soundawave in to an animated splat...