TFs and model railroads?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone ever displayed their TFs on a model railroad display, as in creating a huge diorama?

just thinking that even if not totally to scale, Deluxes would be large enough to make it look interesting.

if you've tried this and got pics, share.

i had a friend back in the 80s who took robotech models and put them on his dad's train layout and made little movies with it on an old camcorder.
    was wondering if people did something similar with TFs.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I once took a picture of my Deluxe Movie 1 Barricade getting rammed in the chest by a Conrail B23-7, although I have no idea if that picture even exists anymore.

Otherwise, I usually keep my trains and TF's apart as seperate hobbies. My 4X8 HO layout is still a work in progress, too, so I don't want to loose anything by messing with TF's on it.

3. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking about setting up our Decepticons to attack the island of Sodor on my son's Thomas the Tank Engine train table.

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    If I could afford it, I was thinking it would be fun to collect Lego city sets to display them with. Then it'd be easy to remove pieces from buildings for "battle damage..."

5. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i used to display metroplex in city mode in the center of my tyco transformers train set. i would then stage decepticon attacks on my city. aerilabots, stunticons, constructicons, autobot minivehicles, and gobots all in one massive display.

those were the days...

6. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

My friends and I did this same sort of thing, but on a pool table. Set up Metroplex and Fort Max to get attacked... Good times!!

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

That reminds me. I need to pick up that TF train set someday. It would be a hoot to run it around my set-up since it's HO "scale".

8. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

No pics at the moment, but I have some of the stuff you're talking about...

O-scale building fronts act as a backdrop for some g1 season 2 locales.

O-scale pine trees for forest scenes.

Mechanical chain bases painted purple for the Decepticon base.

Repainted coffee cans and 28mm scenery for an oil refinery that the Decepticons raid.

Repainted small pringles cans and some chain base stuff make up the power plant that the Decepticons raid.

28mm scenery for The exponential generator from Countdown to Extinction, and that green crystal from fire in the sky...etc.

When I get some time I'll start a thread on it. Right now I keep all my TFs put away and out of the reach of my 4yr. old son.