TF's and HW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. Just finished some homework for one of my classes,Digital Video Recording & Editing, and it actually involved Transformers (well, for me at least). The homework was basically we had to pick a movie, and write so many things about 10 consequitive cuts, and all in the same scene. For this I chose the new Transformers movie, and the begining of the scene where the rest of the Autobots arrive to Earth. This was the first time that anything school related of mine has involved Transformers, and it probably won't be the last one. I've got a Writting for Media class that I'll have to take for my major, so that'll probably be a likely place where I could include TF's into my school work. Also, I've had two classes so far that at some point introduce the Gestalt theory ("The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts"). The first one was Interactive media, and dealt with the physical aspect of it, and the class I'm taking now, General Psychology, has dealt with the mental aspect of it. Anybody else out there ever somehow include TF's into something school related? Figured this would make for an iteresting/nice conversation topic. Didn't really know where this should go, as it involves TF's, but really isn't all about TF's.

2. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's really cool. I've always wanted to include Transformers in stuff that I write, but haven't found the right fit. I did, however, use Tom and Jerry in my Philosophy class to put forth my argument that existence cannot be proven.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ya know, i have tried using the term gestalt with several psych majors and even a couple of professors, and they look at me like i am nuts.

even when i explain the context, they tell me i am mistaken.

makes me wonder what they did study for all those years.

and i have used TFs only once in a paper about energy and politics. (you know, fighting over resources or to maintain a control over an economy via energy.) i got a C, but that was back in Jr. High before my favorite English teacher showed me how to put an essay together.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    For my final paper in literary criticism, I wrote a paper that tracked the evolution of Transformers as a healthy reinvention of storytelling (i.e., each new version of Transformers is "same song, different verse") and compared the methods of storytelling employed to the viewpoints of several different literary critics (I think Barthes was one of them.)

I remember getting a lot of kudos for that paper; I was told I should turn it into a Master's thesis.