tfrotf toys...... I so the ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tomdom69, Feb 14, 2009.

1. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

the title should read I see the ROTF

rolling on the floor laughing at this stupid crap. so the red suv must be hound. It has a head like that luck dragon from the never ending story. The green car has a bat head with a monocle. devestator ..... they should have waited. the mixer doesn't look like it transforms at all. the "crane" has a big ass upsidedown shovel on the front, it wouldn't even work as a crane. I don't know I may only get the scouts from the looks of it.

and they are stopping universe for this.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just watch the bots you laugh at selling more than Animated and Universe combined then taking over as the only transformers line and style for the next 10 years.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Not gonna happen. People will wake up to how bad the films are (as happened with Spider-Man and The Matrix), the Movie aesthetic will get dropped and we'll see a reboot of Transformers as a Movie franchise within the ten years.

4. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Then you'll wake up.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Less QQ please.

6. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know man I can understand being upset about devastator but I bet You'll wan these when we see better pics.

7. Optimus Sledge

I actually don't know how to respond to that. At first glance, you seem to be responding to what I said, and yet it doesn't actually relate to anything I said. Weird.

8. Flashpoint

Flashpoint Well-Known Member

Well so far, I am getting a big roadbots feeling especially from the bot mode of that green one. Sideswipe looks interesting. sheesh..... Devaster, well I am not sure what to think. It had big size going for it, but it looks like a big scale mess to me. How is it even standing with those little short legs?

I am loving the animated soundblaster, with the piano guitar as ratbat.

9. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Oh, it's quite easy to understand! You said that the movie aesthetic would get dropped, however, based on the fact that the movie style basically revived transformers interest it's unlikely that it WON'T be the main "designing way" of modern transformers.

That's why I said wake up, I was implying that you're dreaming stuff and that your post is crazy speak.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Do what I'm doing and look on the bright side. How much money are you going to save by not buying all the new movie stuff? :thumbs2: 

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are still a bunch of toys I do like, it's just a bit overshadowed by my Devastator disappointment. :D  Really loving Sideswipe and Rampage, they're definite buys for me.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There are a couple of movie toys I'll probably buy; however there are far more pieces of crap that I'll leave on the shelves. Especially Devastator; what a complete pile of shit.

13. tomdom69

tomdom69 Well-Known Member

sorry guys I was just venting. I waited for pics and waited and waited. then what did I get. I didn't expect much. normalish looking non-retarded figures.
    don't get me wrong there are a few bright spots, but not many.

It's like shroom said, little kids are gunna eat thing shit up. were all going to be try to rig up devestators, switch heads on other figures. whatever, seems like all bad news for collecters. no omega for animated, animated is over,universe on hold, all we are gunna have for the year is movie crap. I really hope takara comes thru for us this year, because basically that's all I'm gunna have.

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Many of us DO enjoy the movie aesthetic. Yes, Devastator was a big disappointment, but there's plenty of great stuff coming out of the line. I think that Devy's failure is overshadowing a lot of the awesome stuff Hasbro has in the pipe. Don't like it, don't buy it.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i am most concerned that Devastator will murder the chances of any large scale TFs for years to come.
    I liked the artwork for Dev, but seeing it in living plastic was a shock. a combiner that had a gorilla-esque look seemed promising.

Some of the figs i may pick up, some i am on the fence if they have convoluted transformations.

is that Legends the only Jetfire we are getting?
    F-in' bummer. We get oversized silverbolt, but a cool new jetfire gets miniaturized.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Thankfully no, Hasbro announced that Jetfire will be getting a Leader Class figure.

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow, I wasn't expecting so many shitty figures. I truly will be saving a lot of money this year. What let down Devastator was. The other figures are meh. I'm not much of a fan of the movie style but I still managed to buy Barricade and Bumblebee for the first film. This time I think I'll just keep my money.

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had no idea people were putting so much of there hopes and dreams into the devs toy. I was very happy to get him in the movie but I lost my excitement the first time we saw Demolishor. The Rotf line is exactly what i was expecting. Quirky movie looks thats an evolution of the first films designs with lots of stuff for the kids. Why were some many people expecting other things?

19. Optimus Sledge

What I found most interesting in the first Movie line was that the best toys seemed to be of non-Movie characters. Landmine was, for my money, the best of the whole line.

20. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    THIS.