TFP Weaponizers Optimus(v2?) and Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MetalicGrunt, Apr 29, 2012.

1. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Was searching to see whats coming up and I come upon the new OP and Bumblebee weaponizers. They were on kapow toys, slated for release at of may in Europe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I wasn't really on board with these, but the in-person pictures of Optimus from BotCon actually have me interested. It looked better to me than the promo pictures had me expecting.

3. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    ^ Agreed; but Optimus would look so amazing it it weren't for the huge electronic assembly on his back.

4. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I'm not diggin the red weiner in bot mode for OP. Not cool.

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Gah, I had NOT seen that. :lol 

6. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks alot dude. Now I'm stuck with that image.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It didn't seem so bad to me in the in-person photos. No worse than the PRiD cape, really.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the truck mode is pretty sweet.

[​IMG]

The only thing I really don't like is that they went back to the super-light gray plastic for the grill, stacks and stuff. But I still think he looks pretty cool for a $30 toy. I think he captures the show's character better than the PRiD Voyager (although still not as well as the FE).

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    nah, as neat at that Prime looks, I'll be sticking to my FR and PRID voyager versions, thanks.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Bumblebee has at least 8 Wheels and that's funny.

Optimus I would use as my default one - especially if they also make Megatron as then I can use all the Voyager like Starscream, Dreadwing and Breakdown and not worry that Optimus is to small next to them.

Other than the unpainted wheels I am a little put out his legs seem a bit fragile and they could have put a rotator in the wheel assembly and had his feet fold flat so the hitch didn't stick up and he could posse better in robot mode.

But overall from the front he's not to bad really and he's only about £30.00. So I might just buy him when see him and not worry about waiting for a sale.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to see how he scales next to the other figures. He seems bigger than a Voyager, but at that price, he can't be too much bigger.

I agree with you that if I had the FE Voyager, this would probably be an easy pass for me. But he looks like a great replacement for the PRiD so far to me.

11. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    At least Optimus doesn't have four extra wheels in robot mode.

Why couldn't they just use the transformation scheme of the FE for Bumblebee? All his wheels this way end up in entirely the wrong places and they have to add fake ones to make up for it.

12. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Prime's wide torso and lack of neck aren't really doing it for me. I'll probably pick it up later on, but I'm not hunting for that one.

I resent myself for it, but I've sort of ended up on board the Bumblebee trend started by the movies. I've just grown really fond of the little guy and I love the idea of having a separate out-of-scale large Bee, especially the Prime design. This is the same reason I'm picking up weaponizer Starscream: my FE Screamer is most in-scale and screen-accurate, but silver face paint is delicate and can get damaged during transformation, and the red on the missiles, calf fins, and head crest rub off, so I consider his expressive robot mode to be my display piece, but I want a big, sturdy Starscream for play. I love Bee and Screamers' Prime designs as much as I did BW designs growing up, so like I do with the clear and metallic plastic and giant animal kibble and potus manus, I excuse the bad gimmicks and limited articulation (This is sort of how I felt about Battle Ops Bumblebee, though I still don't excuse the gimmick arm).

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because his chest contains an electronics pack, so there's no room under the hood at all to put his shoulders.

The necessity of putting the rear wheels on his forearms, as opposed to folding his wheels away in his heels instead, however, is more of a mystery.

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    makes sense...BBTS for wave four of the case assortment had a listing saying bumblebee V2.

now we know what version 2 is LOL

15. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Weaponiser Prime looked a lot better in the in-person pics from Botcon. I might pick him up; he's got the most accurate looking legs and feet of any version of him yet, the stealth force-ish guns intrigue me, and he's got a rifle that I can easily give to my PRID Voyager Optimus. xD

16. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm on board for them. The weapons spinning when they pop out seems cool in a stealth force instant dramatic payoff way.

The bumblebee I see more as a display piece. Prime could work relatively in scale. Especially if your fan universe allows Ratchet to Pop that weapons pack and Heavier Armor into him.

Probably would'nt display him with Megatron. But With the other PRID Autobots, or Even fighting Deluxe Vehicons. It fits. Vehicon scale seems Relative.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sonofa....Now it cant be unseen...

That BB looks horrid..

18. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the Optimus looks pretty decent too. I would have wished for a better transformation at that size, but if the toy's solid and durable, I don't really mind the concessions.