TFP Revealers Vehicon's true inspiration was female! Proof here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Feb 5, 2012.

?

What do you think of the comparisons?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2012.
  1. Yes, there are some minor similarities

25.9%
  2. No, The OP is blind!

64.8%
  3. OP doesn't like TFP anyway so he's wrong no matter what!

7.4%
  4. Nintendo should sue or consider a Samus repaint deal in their favor.

1.9%
  1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I first mention that the Vehicon figures image could've been a Generations Classics Arcee instead. I was called "dbag" and "tool" and everything else under the sun.

So to be fair I ask an outside party's opinion about the same image. So my girlfriend who couldn't care less about Transformers said "Hmm...it could be a woman wearing armor.

And once she said that" TWACK!" Metroid's Samus instantly came to mind.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/21/Metroidprime3_1.png/256px-Metroidprime3_1.png

So to those stating that this was a masculine robot guess again!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...59724_146805978722938_660330_1595785365_n.jpg

The comparisons are in no ways far fetched.

And I still believe that this could've be Generation's Arcee.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except Metroid Samus doesn't look feminine at all in her armor, so I disagree.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks nothing like Samus. At all.

And wouldn't be a good Arcee either. G1 Arcee needs a brand new mold.

4. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Then its obvious that me and my girl see something in that image that you do not.

Plus in looking at Metroid 25 years later it's safe to say that Samus's actual suit is iconic. Thus, I have yet to see Tony Stark or Robocop dress in anything similar.

So disagree all you like.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Hmm. I can see your point that it can be construed as feminine, a la TFP Soundwave and Starscream, and BM Jetstorm. However, I wouldn't say it is obviously female, a la Animated Black Arachnia or TFP Arcee. Unfortunately, I don't see the resemblance to Samus, and Samus looks masculine (or at least asexual) in that armor. I mean, the first Metroid game had a semi-twist ending when Samus' helmet comes off, and you're like, "WTF, that was a GIRL?"

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I KIND of see where the OP is going with this: look at the chest and how it looks something like Samus' armor chestplate.

But I have to agree with the others, the Vehicon looks NOTHING like Samus overall. For your claim to even have a chance at being right, the Vehicon's shoulders would need to be more rounded, as the big round shoulders are what EVERYBODY remembers about the Samus suit. Your claim is just as legit as saying Universe 2.0 Treadbolt was inspired by The Monarch from the Venture Brothers because his wings in robot mode resemble a blue, robot version of the big fake wings that he wears if you position them right.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad the troopers design barely even looks like her suit. The only part that even looks remotely the same is the chest. I don't see what you're getting at.

8. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Ah disagreeing for the sack of disagreeing, some never disappoint.

9. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Stubborn to the core...can't argue with that. "Literally!"

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay then big boy. Vehicon proportions do not fit Samus, the helmet looks more like a cylon than anything, Samus doesn't have monter hunchback and high ponty shoulders with inverse jointed alein limbs aaaand her whole shape is all very human-esque and dynamic while the Vehicon has obvious robot blockiness there and there. The only thing close to samus is the fact that both have arm cannons and MAYBE JUST MAYBE the chest armor's shape and even that is a stretch.

And if you even need an explanation of why the mold wouldn't work for Arcee then I question if you really are a g1 fan as you like to claim or if you know who Arcee is.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Two things:

1. USE THE MULTIQUOTE BUTTON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. You DON'T need to make a new post for every single respose you make to someone else!

2. The funny thing is, what you just said describes yourself more than it does him. You're going off of ONE small detail and claiming it's damning proof.

12. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Wow, I think I need some new friends LOL!

So by placing both of these pictures side by side all of you here can still sit with a straight face and say there's no comparison what so ever in shape and that this Vehicon is its very own unique creation?

Fine, I think I'll take this poll to a site a little less bias and then I'll post the results here if that's okay. Because I know I'm not the only one who sees this.

But if I'm still wrong.... I'll buy you a Coke.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'll take a cherry one, thank you.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I understand if it's like a new idea for a custom but honestly the Vehicon body looks NOTHING like a female at all!

The thing is Arcee does NOT have to be a pink sportscar token female in every flipping countinuity she's in. Having her be a blue motorcycle kick tailpipe fembot is certainly a breath of fresh air. She has every right to be different just like everyone else.

It's an intresting idea don't get me wrong but it works best if it's like a custom idea for a toy or something.

15. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see the similarity between the Vehicon and Samus in the chest and the fact that they have an arm cannon (though not really in the design of the arm cannon). However, that's where the similarities stop for me.

One thing that I agree with the OP 100% though is that Samus's suit is iconic... which is why the Vehicon doesn't really look like her. The most iconic parts of the Varia Suit are the red, orange, and yellow suit with the green/blue arm cannon, the large rounded shoulder armor, and the VERY distinct helmet/visor design. The Vehicon has none of that.

As for Arcee, I could see a custom Arcee being made from this as a one-shot kinda deal. An official release, though (not to mention thinking that this should have been Arcee instead of a Vehicon)? Not so much.

16. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Read the Tittle again Jr.

I said the true "Inspiration" of the figure. Samus is it's Mommy. By mentioning the Cylon you only point out who it's Daddy might have been.

I didn't say that is was an actual carbon copy or Hasbro really would be cutting Nintendo a check.

So to sit here and deny the similarities completely because of past grudge matches or a blind faith to Shrek-formers is really sad.

I don't think you and I should be friends anymore :( 

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The RID Vehicon has rather slender proportions, which could be construed as feminine. Indeed, my wife made the following observation when she compared the FE Vehicon to the RID one: "They look like male and female versions of the same TF." I find this observation oddly compelling.

That being said, forget Generations Arcee. The RID Vehicon mold could make for a kickass Generations Nightracer.

Nightracer - Transformers Wiki

Transformers Universe: Nightracer

The more I think about it, screw my original Runabout and Runamuck idea; I think I'll name my FE Vehicon Dead End and my upcoming RID one Nightracer.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dude I doubt you and Shroobmaster were friends to begin with.:lol 

And mate? Not everyone has a blind love for Transformers Prime or"Shrekformers" as you love to call it.

We understand that there may be some simiralties betwen Samus and the Vehicon desgin and it's kind of tru in a sense but we're not condemeing you for thinking there could be a connection between them.

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I very much doubt that Samus was of any inspiration for the Vehicons. A better inspiration might be Stormtroopers. Hell even the original Vehicons from Beast Machines as they're an army of soldiers wearing the same identical "uniform".

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Pick another name; we have a real Prime Dead End coming up.