Minor/Repaint: TFP:PRID Megatron (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CTCustomz, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

Looking good. I look forward to seeing him finished!

2. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks!

3. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Almost finished the torso today. All that's left for it is to paint the collar pieces on his neck purple and the center of the chest the silver-grey I have mixed up. Tomorrow I'll try to start on his legs and head.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You and Pimptimus Prime have inspired me to go the whole nine yards with my megs. I was just going to repaint him, but seeing how awesome you've made his cannon, I'm gonna give it a shot too! Great job!

5. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks! It was kinda hard working with the styrene but it really paid off once finished!

6. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    I've had 3 weeks off from racing so I found the time to finally finish Megatron up! Below are pics of him in robot mode (his separate pieces for alt. mode are still drying/curing. I messed up and painted his Decepticon Symbol so I ordered some from Reprolabels.com and I'm waiting for those to come in. Also the internet was had problems, so I wasn't able to post more WIP pics.

Anyway, here is Megatron!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These crappy pics are temporary, I will start a complete thread with professional pics done by the lady who takes the pics of my racecar.

I painted him using Testors Acrylic & Enamel paints and cleared him with Krylon Acrylic Clear Gloss. The silver is a mix between Bright Silver & Grime Enamels, the grey is a mix between Flat Grey & Bright Silver Enamels, and the purple is Deep Pearlescent Purple Acrylic. All paint was applied via airbrush. His cannon was built from the original along with styrene and a purple LED was placed inside so the cannon will light-up for more accuracy. His blade was made from the original along with the battle claw, putty, and a post from RID Prime's sword.

We planned on keeping him but we really need the money right now. We wondered if some of you guys would be interest in buying this, if so then we will be putting it on ebay sometime this month as he isn't completely finished.

Attached Files:

7. KayODave

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well done man, I've been waiting to see more of this!

8. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks! Here is a test pic from the light box I just made for the lady to take the pics. Also a pic of the light box. (It's amazing how well a box, tissues, a matte black poster, and a lamp makes a picture look)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice work! For some reason the final pics don't show the depth on the colours as well as the WIP pics, maybe the light box is too bright?

Also, did you undercoat the figure before painting? Personally I like a black undercoat for silver colours and don't completely cover the crevices so those areas have an added depth.

10. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks! The first pics with the black background wasn't the light box and they were took using the camera flash too. The very last pic is in the light box and I kinda think it shows more detail to than all of my other pics.

Nah, I thought about priming him flat black but I decided not to because I wanted as little paint as possible to be put on the figure. Ok, thanks for the tip! :) 

11. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    A couple pics of the alt. mode minus the head. (Still trying to put a damn LED in the thing!) I am almost done with the back pieces for alt. mode (That is way they may seem a different color than everything else) and I added a little Decepticon Symbol to the torso for accuracy in alt. mode. I have also added the Decepticon Symbol to his chest for Robot mode but I havn't taken pics of it yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. KayODave

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Looking good! Can't wait for the completed product!

13. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Thanks! It should be done in a week or 2!