TFP Optimus vs Movie Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Snark, Oct 25, 2011.

?

Who wins?

1. TFP Optimus wins

18 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Movie Optimus wins

52 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Both simultaneously kills the other

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's no even pretend that TF Prime Optimus could win this fight. Once Movie Psychoptimus gets rolling, he'll keep killing until there is nothing left standing.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Optimus can kill Alternity characters.

With his bare hands.

3. orionpax55

orionpax55 Active Member

Okay, I see your point, but you don't see mine. What I was getting at is that Batman is only a little less crazy than the villains he fights, and is generally pretty "dark" compared to everyone else. I was saying Movie Prime is Batman on some kind of weird, insanity-inducing steroids.

4. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, Batman did kill all his villains in Batman: Crimson Mist; though that was an Elseworlds tale and Batman was a vampire in that story.

Anyways, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that TFP Optimus would kill Movie Optimus. He's got more experience and is more skilled. TFP Optimus also nearly killed TFP Megatron, who was supercharged by Dark Energon thus making him super tough to kill; whereas Movie Optimus had to take Movie Megs by surprise in order to kill him.

5. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I'm going to dissent from the Facial Prime crowd.

The movie series has given us, in my opinion, some of the worst characters regarding durability. When humans start killing transformers like pimps be killing tired hoes during daylight-savings, that might reflect how tough your greatest weapon is. The fact is it doesn't matter how faces Prime's taken if the person you're pitting him against could have done so just as easily if not better.

I'm sorry, but running around killing weaklings doesn't make you awesome. On the other hand, Prime Prime took on hordes of Unicron avatars. And just at the end of the day the fact that the only times in other media (including Prime) where humans have had any affect over Transformers (short of nuclear bombs) was with traps and literally deconstructing them, I'd say that's a point to Prime's Prime. I can't imagine a bunch of Baysplosions killing even Breakdown. I can imagine Movie Prime being killed by human fire. In the attempt to turn Transformers into just robot cars, the movie turned them into just that; they're no more durable than a truck or car.

And Prime's Prime isn't a wuss either. He takes on armies of Decepticons all the time, goes head to head with a tougher Megatron fueled by Unicron and lives, fights Unicron's rock clones, fights armies of the undead iirc, and he does so with the charm of an actual Optimus Prime - a gallant veteran and a patient warrior.

And going by feats beyond mere kill count, I rank Prime's by their respective Megatrons.
    I rank Megatrons as such:
    G1 > Animated > Prime > Movie
    One survived a planet-moving explosion with barely noticeable damage, one survived a city-sized explosion with deep damage, one survived a space bridge blast but would've died without dark energon and was in a coma, and the other was... frozen.
    Except for Animated where the gap between Megs and Prime was pretty apparent, I think it's accurate. I'd say Prime universe wins in durability. But that's not exactly a scientific formula is it?

I'll just say that the Prime universe is much more impressive in terms of strength, durability, and yes even combat skills and its Prime is both a greater threat and a better overall Prime than Mr. O Jazz Is Dead.

EDIT: And let me add that, considering Unicron clones, Zombieformers, and Decepticlones - I think TFP Prime is the one with the higher kill count. Just sayin.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I picked the third, it may not be a simultaneous kill, but I bet both would end up with lethal wounds before all was said and done.

Although as has been said already Prime Op. appears to keep better control of his facilities in combat and would have a slight edge on that alone.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  7. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

As characters, you have Prime Optimus who's written to really bring out the best and noblest aspects attributed to the character over the years, making him powerful but also reasonable, and kind.

Movie Optimus is every Leifeld character rolled into one.

It's like this. Prime Prime is a Paladin, Movie Prime is a berserker. I suppose Prime Prime would still be trying reason while Movie Prime shouted something like "BLARGH I KILL YOU IN THE FACE!" and started swinging an axe.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'm not sure you remember but Airachinid had her ass handled back to her by MACHINE GUNS in one scene of TFP, keep that in mind.

Breakdown was also easily gunned down by a eletric weaponry of MECH as well.

You are boosting TFP far too much and underestimating the movie-verse, thinking every robot can be broken by bullets in the movie-verse [which is not true].

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Doubt that MECH tech is standard issue to most military anyways and Airachinid is kinda fragile by her built.

10. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Both simultaneously kills the other

11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Movie Optimus. He's psycho.

12. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I'd have to go with movie Optimus. He's definitely more of a warrior then his Prime counterpart.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Movie Prime.Without a doubt

14. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

I like TF Prime much more than the movies, but Movie Prime is one of the toughest fighters in TF history. I'mma go with GivemeyourFACEimus Prime.

15. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Both are equally awesome

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bayverse Prime will dominate this. he's more aggresive

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    TFP Prime bullrushes Bay Prime in vehicle mode, and spins his tires on Bay Prime's face.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

Except i voted for Prime only because you gotta support the little guy more often.

19. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Neither. They have a pleasant conversation and team up to defeat the Decepticons, who are being led by Prime Megatron and whoever's the villain of the next Michael Bay movie. [/killjoy]
    Seriously, ENOUGH WITH THE JOKES ABOUT BAYFORMERS PRIME BEING A SERIAL KILLER.

20. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

Give me your face