TFP Optimus Prime vs TFA Optimus Prime!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Black Oracle, May 19, 2011.

?

TFP Optimus Prime or TFA Optimus Prime?

Poll closed May 22, 2011.
  1. TFP Optimus Prime, "One shall stand, one shall fall!"

62 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. TFA Optimus Prime, "So this is what it feels like, to be a hero..."

36 vote(s)
    36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Didn't get to vote, but definitely TFP Optimus, he's such a better Prime

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've somehow missed out on all these TFA vs TFP polls, but I'm catching up now and I've seen this sentiment crop up a fews times already. To this, I would point out that the TFA Decepticons all had long-range weapons and TFA Optimus and his crew handled them just fine. Just think- if TFA Prime is that capable without a ranged weapon, imagine what would happen the moment he got a rifle. Also, let's not forget that TFA Prime was a member of the Elite Guard before being discharged. He's more than ready for a fight. And in terms of personalty, TFA Prime is just more of a person. I do like TFP Prime, but he's yet to show much emotive range beyond the dramatic.

My vote: TFA Prime.

3. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^This. According to the comics, Optimus also scored the highest on the 'Megatron battle simulator' in his boot camp. So far, I like TFA Prime more, but we have a few more seasons to flesh out TFP Prime. He is just always dramatic, and almost godlike in his position. Hell, even G1 Prime liked to display qualities that made him a more fleshed out character: Distaste of Blaster's music, busting out some of Jazz's lingo, playing basketball. TFP Prime doesn't really have a lot of this. Even his relaxation, taking a drive alone, seems stoic and dramatic. I -wished- that Prime responded to Fowler's questioning of his musical tastes.

However, Prime Prime would wreck Animated Prime in a fight. Firepower, much more bulk in his physical hits, he can get quite fast in his vehicle mode. Animated Prime's powerful axe makes him a much swifter and more powerful melee fighter, but I don't think that a grappling hook and a fire extinguisher will get him anywhere with TFP Prime.

4. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

does tfa have his wingblade armour? that's the deciding factor

5. Optimus33

Optimus33 Well-Known Member

Prime Optimus. Because he was an inspiratan to me. He got me though a hard time. Peter Cullen was just fantastic. I got in Transformers though the movie so this an idea what Optimus was like in the 80s ( until I watched G1 myself and found my idea was right). I love this Optimus just the way he is.

6. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    What if TFA Optimus was instead Orion Pax, and became a Prime in the later seasons?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, TFA Optimus may have been younger than the average Optimus, but he was absolutely Optimus Prime in every way. Not the hollow stereotype that was Prime Optimus.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    That poll makes me sad.

9. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

Me too.

In terms of likability, Animated Optimus completely demolishes Prime Optimus. I couldn't fucking stand Optimus in Prime. He was so goddamn boring and preachy and just....GAH! Animated Optimus was so much more endearing and emotional, which actually made him a character.

Honestly, I'm not sure who I dislike more, Movie Optimus or Prime Optimus.

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    This IS sad-- but it was made back in 2011 and to be honest I probably would have picked TFP at the time as well. A Cullen voiced Prime that shreds zombies with his dual blades? How could that possibly go wrong?

Yeesh... Well, if another poll was made then I'm certain TFA Optimus would win.

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Animated Optimus was a fresh new take that everyone loved . Prime Optimus is like, G1 Prime but 100% less interesting. With all the speaches and lessons and 'one shall stand one shall fall' bullshit.

In response to the second part of your response, AlexaStar, Movie Optimus is way better. He at least shows emotion.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Wouldn't change a goddamn thing. TFA Optimus was still a Prime - a high ranking in the Autobot roster - and he was consistently treated as a low-ranking underling by Sentinel Prime because Optimus was basically the chief janitor (because he had covered Sentinel's ass by taking full responsibility for the incident where Elita One was presumed MIA), so much so that when Optimus went into bad-ass mode at the start of S2, he calls out Sentinel on his bullshit by pointing out that despite their positions, they were both equal rank. Prime also was not the top rank of the Autobot command anyway, that was the Magnus Rank, so even if Optimus "became" a Prime, he still would not have been the top dog.

Yeah, I think everybody was thinking TF Prime was building up and what votes Animated got was from those who thought Prime being the head-honcho again of all Autobots was boring. If only we knew how boring he was yet to become...

13. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's the problem with TFP - Darkness Rising started out great, but things went down the toilet afterwards. We thought that TFP was repressing his emotions and that the events of the series would rip the mask off and show just how much it sucks to be him. Alas.

14. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Well, let me explain my thoughts.

Magnus, say, is Supreme Commander of the Autobots, but the Prime rank doesn't exist, so that when Orion does become a Prime, he'd be superior to Magnus.

(Obviously, it happens once he claims the Matrix).

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Yeah. And at the time, Optimus hadn't had much screen time anyway, so we were hoping for more. I think a slightly popular theory (or at least one I heard) was that Cullen was busy recording for DOTM in 2010 and thus didn't get as much time during the first season of Prime. But regardless, we know how it turned out. No improvement from the preachy hollow shell that called itself Optimus Prime.

I just watched Transwarped again today and just one line - "Your story's not consistent with how Sari... told me, how organics are made.." - had more emotion than Prime Optimus ever had.

As for in a fight, TFA Optimus could take on Prime Optimus, especially with the Magnus Hammer and the Wingblade armor.

16. Optimus33

Optimus33 Well-Known Member

You guys complain that he did not show emotion but have you stopped to consider that maybe he terumtized by something in the war or maybe that's how Primes are. I fact Ratchit pretty much said this him self.

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    In a fight, Animated Optimus would destroy TFP Prime. The Animated Decepticons were more powerful than the TFP counterparts and over time the Animated Autobots became stronger.

Personally, I prefer Animated Optimus over the lifeless husk from TFP.

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'm inclined to believe that in a fight TFP Prime would win, TFP Prime has more experience and holds the Matrix. As much as I like TFA Prime he wasn't a warrior, just good with an axe and jet pack. I wish that he was called Orion, come season 3 he would have become Optimus Prime and then it progressed from there, why was Animated cancelled? :( 

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

TFA Optimus was leaps and bounds more entertaining and characterful than TFP, but in a straight fight, I'm-a go with TFP Optimus.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That doesn't make any sense. If Orion became the leader of the Autobots, then he'd become the next Magnus in Animated terms. You can not just make up a new, superior-above-all rank like that just because you don't like the top brass name being something other than Prime. At least not without looking like it's an attempt to establish a military-backed dictatorship (which Sentinel pretty much does anyway when he assumes the position of Acting Magnus due to the assassination attempt on Ultra Magnus leaving him in critical enough condition to require heavy life support...and according to the AllSpark Almanacs, UM wasn't going to make it in the end, leaving Sentinel in a position of ultimate, unchallengeable authority.)

Oh, and the closest the Matrix of Leadership ever gets to existing in Animated is the AllSpark Container which is shaped somewhat similar (same general colors and it's got the handles) and then later in the final scene of the series when Optimus wears a small, recollected form of the AllSpark in a frame much closer to the Matrix in size and full shape...on a chain necklace virtually identical to how Galvatron wore it in TFTM's climatic battle.

You've said that the only shows you've seen are G1 and Prime, right?

Well, in TFA episode 6; "Thrill of the Hunt" both Optimus and Ratchet have major trauma issues stemming from...basically the episode's main baddie stealing their body "mods" for himself. In fact, Lockdown himself is responsible for so much trauma to the Autobots that, despite only appearing for one episode in each of the three seasons, he's basically the most important character of the show because of how he's traumatized everybody. And as the show's plot begins to reveal just how far reaching Lockdown's actions go to setting up almost all the major backstory events, it's the characters dealing with and overcoming their traumas by supporting each other that drives the show so brilliantly.

So even if, for whatever face-saving reason, Prime's lack of emotion is "trauma," the fact is Animated still does it better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.