TFP Optimus Prime vs TFA Optimus Prime!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Black Oracle, May 19, 2011.

?

TFP Optimus Prime or TFA Optimus Prime?

Poll closed May 22, 2011.
  1. TFP Optimus Prime, "One shall stand, one shall fall!"

62 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. TFA Optimus Prime, "So this is what it feels like, to be a hero..."

36 vote(s)
    36.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    With the similarities and parallels between the main characters of "Prime" and its predecessor series "Animated", how do we determine which is the superior cast of characters? With a series of matches that pits the bots, cons and humans of both shows against one another of course!

I will be running 3-day timed poll threads on:
    TFP Optimus Prime vs TFA Optimus Prime
    TFP Ratchet vs TFA Ratchet
    TFP Arcee vs TFA Prowl
    TFP Bumblebee vs TFA Bumblebee
    TFP Bulkhead vs TFA Bulkhead
    Miko vs Sari
    Raf vs Professor Sumdac
    Agent Fowler vs Captain Fanzone
    TFP Megatron vs TFA Megatron
    TFP Starscream vs TFA Starscream
    TFP Soundwave vs TFA Soundwave
    Brakedown vs Lugnut
    Knock Out vs Blitzwing
    Airachnid vs Blackarachnia

Once the poll results are in, I will count the number of wins for each series and declare the winning cast of characters!

So in the first of our match-ups, we have:

TFP Optimus Prime vs TFA Optimus Prime!

Scenario: Whilst out driving on the deserted desert roads outside of Jasper, Nevada, Optimus Prime encounters a mysterious firetruck heading towards him. Suddenly the firetruck transforms into a red and blue bot who pulls out an axe with a glowing blue blade. Optimus Prime transforms as well and converts one arm into a sword and the other into a blaster. The Primes stare one another down.

Which Optimus Prime will be the victor? You decide!

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stupid idea. Animated had 3 seasons to develop characters, Prime had 15 episodes so Animated will win any based on character itself.

Animated also had a team of "teen misfit" Autobots that had to fight with tools, Prime got a team of war-ready Autobots that have lived countless battles and are not afraid to kill. Prime will win any based on strenght.

3. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Ah, sorry you don't like the idea, Shroob. Thought it might be a fun activity to pass the time in the current wait for new Prime eps.

I kinda hoped folks would vote on character preference as well as who they thought would likely win in physical combat. And I think we've seen enough of the Prime cast to form opinions on them, even tho' they haven't had as many eps. as Animated yet. Still, those could well be two contrasting factors that could work in favour of both series.

But if a lot of others agree that this is a bad idea for a series of poll threads, then please say so and I'll not proceed to clutter this forum with them. Wouldn't want to annoy people.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I like TFP Optimus more than TFA Optimus, but then again, in general I like TFP more than TFA.

Also, I'm not seeing why they would fight. Assuming they would ever meet-up for any reason, I think they would more than likely team-up.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    No contest. TFA Prime wasn't the leader we all know and love yet. Sure he will someday get there but he is still a rookie. Heck he wasn't even a soldier anymore.

TFP is more like G1 or Movie Prime. Great leaders with a ton of experience.

And someone needs to tell TFA Prime no tto bring a knife to a gun fight. lol

6. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I agree. The fact that they're fighting isn't necessarily meant to be believable. But if you need a plausible reason for them to fight, let's just say, err, misunderstanding! This is all just for a bit of fun!

7. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    So I have to choose between the cardboard cutout whose only purpose seems to be spouting movie dialogue (TFP) or the actual character (TFA)?

TFA wins every time.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hmm, the dude who can´t fight to save is life or the dude who held off a zombie horde and Megatron?

TFP everytime.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I can already say, TFP wins.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As for who I like better?

This. As for who would win in a fight? TFP.

11. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    If you mean after all the results are in, then the interesting thing to see would be: to what degree would it win? And which characters would stand out most with majority votes? Would some of the match-ups be more or less balanced in votes?

But don't be so sure just yet. Some of the match-ups to come could go either way I think.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    While I would agree that TFA Prime is a more interesting take, certainly a twist on the character that was very cool to watch, I find TFP Prime much more enjoyable on a personal level. That and I thought TFA Optimus was kind of a dickhead.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Animated, not only a far better character, but far more resourceful and cunning with plenty of gadgets and the wits to use them. He could easily beat Prime Prime.

Also the senario is flawed. Animated Prime would never be the instigator. Well, really two Optimus' would never fight unless one was corrupt.

14. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    No matter who wins, the fight will end with both of them dead.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I don´t think he could beat Prime Prime. Remember one has ranged weapons, the other does not. Remember what hapaned to that dude in the Indiana Jones movie. The fact Prime has guns is an enormous advantage over a melee dude (who´s not even a good melee fighter).

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    B_O...

First, I think that TFP's Prime's motto is not the movie one..but the one in my siggie. :D 

"We will defend humanity, we will defend our HOME!" This quote from TFPrime resonates with me like no other quote from him, no matter the series. :) 

I agree with several others it's going to be hard to choose one over the other for some of your categories..but I can state with certainty..that TFP Prime over TFA Prime. Period. Done. Said. Over. Just my :2c: 

TFP Optimus is an excellent culmination of all the previous series and movies Primes...he's at his absolute best in this series, even I'm shocked at how well I like this Optimus..even more than movie Optimus?? :jawdropper: 

I'll change my mind when DOTM is released :lol 

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  17. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

All that Prime Prime has going for him, in my opinion, is that he's voiced by Peter Cullen. Other than that, he just randomley gives speaches and has trouble with any emotion other than dramatic. Animated Prime was amazing. It was an interesting and somewhat new take on the character, and his evolution from acadamy flunky to potential Magnus was very enjoyable.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I liked Kay Prime, I really did, but he was only Optimus Prime by name.

I'm going to go with TFP Optimus Prime. All these Aneematurs can go frag themselves.

19. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Transformers Prime Optimus by far. TFA prime whined and bitch too much. With Prime Optimus has a large level of wisdom transcending just knowing how to rip off knockout's doors.

20. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFA Prime was the more interesting character, but TFP Prime is pretty much robot Jesus. I really can't see anything but a curb stomp in TFP Prime's favour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.