Minor/Repaint: TFP Optimus And Megatron Mods (Bit Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MechaKnight, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

So, first off I completed my Optimus Prime Shoulder Mod (At long last!) With the drilling of holes in the right two spots and then (Hot gluing, surprisingly enough) a couple of modded ball joins to the back of his lights. I personally hope this little mod benefits other future Prime customs.

Behold it~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also after a couple of tries, I finally got a Megatron I was quite happy with the paint job for. Paint still feels a bit rough, but I can deal. I'm sure Megs would actually feel quite rough with how rugged he is. I made this particular figure taller as well with some molded and sanded mighty putty. (Inspiration from Zildijan (Sp?) This way, he sizes up nicely with everyone else!

And lastly, I glued his sword together and sanded the shape a bit to make it look a little more like his sword in show and glued it to the plate attachment for his knuckle things. This custom was created by another customizer but I couldn't find them, but if anyone knows the name of them, that would be appreciated cause I give them my thanks.

I also took a dollar minilight and added some putty onto it, sanded it, cut some styrene and molded the bottom so it was all one piece of plastic. The paint job could've been better, but it'll do for now. All in all, I'm happy with these two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And above all, a big thanks to Dr. Wu (For the Optimus Accessories) and Reprolables for the stickers!

Attached Files:

2. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I like em!

3. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    cool mods! especially the one with prime.

4. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    They look really nice.

5. Muhammad91

Muhammad91 Active Member

That prime looks even better than the FE prime, not to mention he looks cooler than the FE anyway.

6. CrashElements

CrashElements Customizur

Looks realy good :)  bro they both look epix :)  o I rember u sed you want to knwo how to do the hand mod well I'm still waitng for min to ship in but look on my visitor messeges CTcustoms posted a nice hand mod there wich he showed me

7. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

A couple followup pics! Thank CrashElements for showing me CTCustomz hand mod for Optimus!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I myself did was use my Dremel to drill a hole in a spot I was shown, but I followed up with sanding the spot down flat with another sanding bit, and in the process, I ended up creating a legitimate ball socket! It actually POPS in place and and pop out at a whim. A more permanent solution would be probably to add a little bit of glue into the socket, but that's just my opinion. I won't exercise it personally myself until I have more stuff to work with. And he can still transform!

8. CTCustomz

CTCustomz Customizer

Ebay:
    Great job dude! :)  I like that you used my mod but a little advice would be to paint the grey pieces red to help them blend in better with the forearms. Also you should try Crash's backpack mod, it is waaaay easier than you might think and improves the overall look of him. BTW, Megatron is looking pretty spiffy himself! I'm going to finish up my Optimus soon, then sell him and Megatron as a duo.

9. kiienkYan

kiienkYan Well-Known Member

wow.. now RID Optimus can compare with FE already.. Awesome custom!!

and Megs also taller and better than original one, great job there! LIKE!

10. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    how'd you do the hands? are those hands sturdy? what are they/. can they hold 5mm pegs well?

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Great mods. I love the new hands on Prime. Megatons sword mod looks awesome too.

12. MechaKnight

MechaKnight Autobot

I used the smallest hands I could find. The hands are good, the only problem is, yes they can pop out easily, and sometimes the fingers can pop out too, but thankfully not as often as you'd think. I used the 144 Hobby base Mechanical Hands Dark Grey and attached the shortest nubs.

13. CrashElements

CrashElements Customizur

I'm glad I cud hellp :)  and tanx to CTcustoms agen for sharing that hand mod with us agen. I like it looks realy good can't wait for my hands to finly ship in and I can fisnh my OP iv finly finshed my Dr wu face but I'll only upload the pix wen I do the hand mod