TFP Operation Bumblebee Dreadwing revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Zyros, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    He's been stated to be in around 12 episodes, so no, it's not "predictable." :rolleyes: 

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Talk about sucking the fun 'wind' right out of our sails. We already know down to the episode count how many Dreadwing will appear in? Jeezuz... since when did every card carrying fan of this franchise get the right to know every secret and tidbit of minute detail before it's even happened? Probably the very same people who needed to know every present under the tree prior to X-mas morning. Whatever happened to a little thing calledmystery, a little not knowing everything prior to its unveiling?

Sockie, this isn't directed at you in particular, so apologies. I'm getting utterly nauseous over the amount of spoilers, minute detail revelation, and beforehand information we're given access to these days. Used to be that a little thing called delayed gratification could be fun; however, anymore it feels like I know every detail of everything before it's even happened!! It's akin to always living with knowledge of the future, but with no ability to alter it- like bad Sci-Fi!! Anyway, end rant.

So, how about that Dreadwing?? :D 

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyquake's Brother? This is gonna be good.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    You act like recylcing old models was something that Michael Bay invented himself in his dark cave of "Ruin Transformerz-dom". :rolleyes:  It's not like G1 reused models or anything like that. Or that Beast Wars slightly tweaked models. It's not like Cybertron reused generic car modes to fill the backgrounds. And then tack on what TFP is doing. It's almost like...almost like reusing models can save time and money or something. Almost like it's been a 'staple' of the franchise from its inception. Naw, it's just Bay's idea. He's the only one. What an idiot, reusing CG models to fill in Decepticon cannon fodder background characters. Why would he want to save $10 million on the VFX budget anyway?

Let's not overreact here, Stygian. All we know is that "Tony Todd has recorded for about 12 episodes so far" or something along those lines. Now, nothing says that it's 12 episodes in a row and that he'll never appear again after. For all we know (which is actually very little), that's 12 episodes that he at the time had recorded. 12 episodes that his character appeared in. That could be 12 episodes spread out amongst the rest of season two. And he could still be recording for more. So like I said, we don't know much. Let's all just cool it.

5. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that? if so, thats awesome!

Revenge............is.........miiiiiiiiiine! :ev: 

I also said that i realize concept art comes first, but thats not how it works. They design the main characters, then they might do some other designs, but they still design chronologically. At some point, they knew about dreadwing and skyquake at the same time, yes, but since dreadwing didnt appear sooner, you know skyquake came first. They wanted to get their money's worth out of the mold, which isnt bad.
    If dreadwing does prove to be skyquake's relative, it proves that skyquake came first. They wouldnt have designed someone mad over the death of his brother before the dead brother. If that situation happens, then they probably did the concept first, then thought of the storyline, then designed skyquake for season 1 and dreadwing for season two

6. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    This. All we know is he's appearing in at least 12 episodes. Not like those episodes are all in a row, or he couldn't make any further appearances.

From that topic a while back where someone had talked to Todd at a convention. He said he had recorded 6 episodes, and was going in to record 6 more.

7. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing I learned from this clip, Optimus is EPIC.

8. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Dreadwing is expected to appear in at least twelve episodes? If that's true, my excitement about the character is only increasing! It's looking like he'll be quite the addition to the character list, even if he's not the star Decepticon of every episode he's in. And even if he's just driven by revenge of some sort, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't set foot aboard the Nemesis at least once.

9. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the internet changed how people digest their entertainment on so many levels. If you don't like it, unplug your internet, or don't go to fan sites like this where there are plenty of people who actually enjoy getting advance warning.

a lot of the spoilers on Prime have been revealed by a voice actor (or someone like that) seemingly accidently mentioning something in a relatively informal interview- and the Hub having to respond after the fact. 20 years ago, a comment like that off the cuff would not be on the internet within 4 hours of being spoken --- so now big companies have to change how they entice and promote their product because everyone and their dog has instant access to information.

Generally, i think our ability to pay attention to anything longer than 20 seconds seems to have suffered in relationship to the rise of the internet.

and in regards to the discussion of Skyquake and Dreadwing's order of design of production - both sides are just speculating- the only way to know one way or the other would be to ask the show's producers, or animators, character designers, etc.

I wouldn't be suprised if they conceived the death or skyquake and Dreadwing's arrival relatively co-currently - and designed the charater model for both at the same time (planning ahead that they would use the same basic design. I think its fair to say they wrote and recorded the season 1 episode first, but they probably knew they were seeding a plotline for season 2 at the time. They probably dont ahve every episode of season 3 written and storyboarded yet, but they certainly have a general idea (and concept sketches etc) of what they will do regarding magor plot arks. Of course, everything im saying is speculation, until confirmed official by a representative of the show.

10. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    You know they could have had him record for MORE episodes since that 12 were reported. They don't record all the episodes in one go (normally)

11. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    They didn't. Todd did 6 in one go, and 6 in another.

12. Hypershock

exactly, like i wouldnt be surprised if they designed one model with intention to use it for both of them, thats understandable. but it wouldnt make sense to plot a storyline that includes both characters and design the second character first

Where did we hear the twelve episodes thing from?

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Read page 9 again. Tony Todd said at a convention that he had already recorded his lines for six episodes and he was scheduled for a further six the week after.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Actually no, they do not have to design chronologically. They may have been signed off chronologically, but the artists would have been given a list of characters (which would include major recurring characters...like Dreadwing) that they would have worked on for a while. As someone who actually has worked on design, you don't sit down and draw one character and call it done. It is a process, often hoping from character to character. Finding elements that didn't work for one but would work for another. Dreadwing, being a major character, was probably designed early on.

Or maybe they have the most boring team of artists, who just sit down, do one drawing and call it done. Yeah, I bet that's the case.

You're using a random fan theory to support your point of view? Well, I'm done then. I find it really unlikely that is the case.

Why not just say that Dreadwing is the end result of Project Chimera, with MECH working with Starscream to make this new Decepticon. Oh, but if that is the case, then it was always their plan for Skyquake's model to be Dreadwing, which means that they were technically both intentionally designed at the same time!

All I've been saying is that this is a POSSIBILITY and could be very likely, considering Dreadwing's status as a character vs the throw away status of Skyquake.

15. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Thank you. At least someone agrees with me

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I simply can't wait for the scene where he scans Agent Fowler's plane and COINCIDENTALLY LOL winds up with the same alt mode as Skyquake.

OTOH, if this show really wanted to impress me he'd show up, plane kibble and all, and then scan a bus or something. :lol 

17. Hypershock

Ah

Aren't you using a fan theory to support your view as well? Yes, you could be right, it makes sense to me that they designed that body type with intent to use it for both Skyquake and dreadwing. They also could have designed Skyquake then thought that they didn't get enough mileage out of that mold, so they designed dreadwing out of Skyquake. However, it does not make sense to me that they would have designed dreadwing first with the intent to Have him appear second chronologically.

I don't wanna fight with you, that theory just doesn't make sense to me. If it turns out to be right, I won't mind. I also did admit that that singular mold could have been designed for both of them at the same time. I just dont think the dreadwing-then-Skyquake thing doesnt work

18. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Good to hear the man who voices The Fallen make his comeback! :D 

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Tony Todd DAT VOICE. Awesomesauce.

Bring on Draedwing!

20. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

They couldn't even give him a new head? Fail.