TFP Megatron = Perfect Megatron.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking for a while now about how great Megs is in TFP! His design is so imposing and his face portrays all his rage in such a terrifying way. Welker has also massively improved on Megatrons voice!

But this last episode.. Angel Dust Ratchet knocks down Megatron with one surprise punch.... at this point, G1 Megatron flies away with his best 80's villian "next time ratchet, next time", BW Megatron retreats full sprint, MV Megatron yells for Starscream and probably cries... but TFP Megatron, says "alright then" and does Ratchet in 2 moves!

Its the exact kind of badass Megatron should be, but rarely is!! EDIT I want to retract the rarely is part, :)  I've realise I've put my neck out there, and its not always true, and wasn't really my point

What are your best Badass Megatron moments!?

2. LesterX

LesterX Banned

1. When he dominates the Autobots at the beginning of Megatron rising part 2.
    2. When he executes Ironhide in the '86 movie.
    3. When he throws Prime around like a rag-doll in the first movie.
    4. When he beats Sentinel Prime to scrap.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. That's a weird way of spelling "TFA Megatron" in your title.

4. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

In Beast Wars when he almost killed the original Optimus Prime. Speaking of which, we need a new Beast Wars. Beast Machines really didn't do the series justice.

5. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    ha, yeah..

..notice I didn't diss Animated Megs at any point in my post!! :) 

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That was my favorite part of that whole episode. I was glad that Ratchet wasn't able to harm Megatron, even on roids I wanted Megatron to be stronger.

He is really bad ass. Not really sure what his whole agenda is, I'm hoping it's not something like Cybertron Megs, he was bad ass too at first but then he was just bad shit crazy and made no sense.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    You obviously did not watch either the movies or BW.

BW Megatron never turned heel and ran unless faced with overwhelming opposition. One Maximal was not a grave threat unless said Maximal was Optimus or maybe Rhinox, since they are so physically powerful. And he certainly wouldn't retreat after one punch. (He often only retreated if he was beaten into retreat or if there was no point in fighting)

Movie Megatron, well, you're just being ridiculous. He shrugged off the Autobot attacks in movie one then proceeded ripped Jazz in half, and the only reason he retreated in ROTF was because he LOST AND ARM AND HALF HIS FACE.

TFPrime Megatron may be strong, but he's also fucking weak as a villain. Barely getting out and not doing much of anything. Yeah he looks cool, but what has he done since Darkness Rising?

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This. Don't forget being brought back to life and didn't waste any time on getting his priorities straight: "Starscream?! Why you gotta' make me beat you?!" And killed Optimus Prime. And then, yes, in his weakened and embarrassed state took refuge and went into hiding (but granted, any Megatron would probably do the same in the same circumstance), made a deal with an Autobot (and was promptly made said Autobot's b**ch), and then freaking wrecked said Autobot. All before dying. Not dissing the other Megatrons, simply stating the strengths of Bayformers Megatron. :) 

9. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    None of the characters in TF Prime are developed enough for them to be the best of the franchise, but as far as his design I think it is the best yet. He just looks so badass. I wish they would hurry up and announce his voyager...stupid Skyquake already has a voyager coming but not Megs?!?!?! WTF Hasbro!!!

10. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I obviously did watch BWs, thats why I know you see more of megs tail than his fists... still, I do like BW megs, and I don't want to be drawn into a pissing contest about it, and forced to diss him in my defence, when I don't really believe that he was a bad Megatron. Basically my point was Megs is Badass, but Prime megs is the most badass. You disagree, thats fine thats what the internets for.

Not sure what happened to movie megs, he started out incredibly badass, b ut in ROTF he LOST AND ARM AND HALF HIS FACE. And DOTM ha was suffering Post Dramatic shock about it. Hardly the actions of an Intergalatic badass!!

11. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Totally agree he is a perfect Megatron, a true bad ass and easily the best new Megatron by far, none can hold a candle.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I was going to the "Fixed" joke with a quote for the thread title, but yeah.

TFP Megs doesn't even come close to holding a candle against TFA Megs.

Not only was it a smart move to have Megs not be harmed, but his reaction was more of a "Huh, I felt that." kind of response. Whatever TFP Megs plan is, it's going to do a lot for his cred as a villain, good or bad.

13. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

War for Cybertron Megatron was pretty cool. Killed Zeta Prime and beaten Omega Supreme into submission. He also issued as many death threats as he did orders.

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I disagree, Prime-Arcee is VASTLY superior to any other previous incarnation the character ever had [I don't think anyone here disagrees with me here because frankly, Arcee was never much beyond "token female character"].

Prime-Starscream already bested every single other incarnation of Starscream on my ranks as well, much more depth than the others.

About TFP-Megatron, I think he is the perfect Megatron for one reason: He offers us the perfect balance of Megatronistic traits: He combines the Hammyness and over-the-top trait he had on BW and G1, the brains of BW-Megs and Animated-Megs and the brutality, physical might and cruelty of movie-verse Megatron.

So he's pretty much the ULTIMATE Megatron.

15. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    THIS

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Let's see, TF Prime Megatron is betray by Starscream and instead of ending the Autobots, he focus on Starscream. Oddly TF Prime Starscream still lives. TF Animated Megatron is betray by Starscream, takes out the entire Autobot force around him. Then calls for his forces and kills Starscream on spot.

Beast Wars Megatron nearly rewrites history between near killing Optimus Prime and destroying the Ark. Then he ecapes the Maximals on the way back to Cybertron and release a virus and steals the sparks of millions of Transformers. Then almost made himself a god and remake Cybertron in his own image if it was not for Optimus Primal. Oh yeah, he ATE sparks.

TF Prime Megatron is good, but he's not great.

The only real Prime characters I would call superior over past versions is Arcee and Starscream.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFP Megatron is certainly the perfect Megatron. He didn't get development yet, but his characterization is everything I think when I think "Megatron". Not to mention the chilling voice and design too.

What I love about him is that he is ALWAYS in charge. Sick Mind? Completely in charge until Bumblebee fools him, which makes him respond by... PROVING he is in control by SHOVING HIS WAY inside Bee's mind.

Then he apparenlty went on a "doing nothing phase" while Starscream kept with his treachery even after his revival... only to show us later that he was aware of everything Starscream did, and showed us why he didn't kill Starscream when he came back: nothing Starscream can do can harm him. He cannot betray because Megatron knows who he is and what he does, he cannot fight him because Megatron is much more powerful than Starscream could hope to be, he can't cause a mutiny because everybody else in the ship recognizes that he is supreme. Starscream is more valuable alive than dead to him for the very simple reason that Starscream never had a chance. The only time Starscream managed to do anything against Megatron was removing that shard from his chest, which he could only do because of a WHOLE SPACE BRIDGE exploding on him.

And don't even get me started in scenes like Jack vs. Megatron in Rock Bottom and Ratchet vs. Megatron last episodes. Those scenes have only one bad part and that is they make me impatient as freaking hell for his toy. They're massive displays of just how powerful this Megatron is.

18. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

I agree with your entire post.

19. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    ha, this reminds me, when I was like 6 years old watching G1 in the 80s, I thought Starscream must be crazy to try and take over, because Megs is double his hard, and even if he bested Megatron somehow, Screamer could never beat Prime in a fight, and the Cons would lose the war!!

20. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, I'm still not sold on him being the 'ultimate' Megatron. He lets Starscream live after his treachery a lot. TFA Megs doesn't take any shit from Screamer.

In TMI, I was kinda underwhelmed with Megatron's bargaining skills. He sends his generics to attempt to kill the Autobots while he watches, and in the end, he destroys the data cylinder and runs. Just seemed like he was acting like a baby.

Honestly, there isn't enough time to tell if this is the ultimate Megatron. You act like him punching out Ratchet was the coolest thing ever. Of course he can do this, he's MEGATRON. Anything less and people would be bitching. The only Autobot, drugged up on steroids or not, who can go toe to toe with Megatron is Optimus Prime.

If Knock Out were to drug himself up, I bet OP would take his face.