Minor/Repaint: TFP Megatron:"FINALLY!!!"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rodimeister0088, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

Attached Files:

2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Like it! Looks very nice man!

3. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Lugnut voice:GLORIOUS!!!!!

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Looks great. People have been churning these out and this ranks right up there with the best of them.

5. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Good job

6. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

thanks man. Megatron month !!! wooo!!! :bay 

lol thanks!
    thanks, glad to be up there :) 

Thanks i did some outlining on the cannon with a light purple, and a silver outlining on Megatron's dark silver parts. No dry brushing was done on this guy :) 

7. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

AWesome job. I'll post mine up soon, for Megatron Month. :lol 

8. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

lol thanks! and i look forward to seeing yours. Alot of great concepts have been posted, some with LEDs like Zildjian, or Cheetimus's stone colored Megatron, or Encline's with LED, or Stormbringer with that insane cannon light effect!

9. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I just painted mine, threw a little lacquer on over the silver. Nothing too fancy but it looks better. :)  just need to clearcoat him then I'm done. Here's a Ani. deluxe Wasp I did YEARS ago til then:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

10. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

im not sure but i think i may have seen this Wasp before. Did you post him on these forums? is that just a repaint(which by the way looks fabulous) or is it a BB mold with a resculpted head?

Well, post your megatron! i will be glad to give my opinion :) 

11. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I posted it on Seibertron, a long time ago when they weren't even considering doing one at all. Straight repaint, used some plumbers putty for his mouthguard, ground the horns down. It was for my son, lot of spots I missed like the fender wells and such but he played with it forever and still has it surprisingly. I'll throw him up in another thread, my own because I don't want to turn yours into a joint project. :)  I just always liked that Wasp and have done quite a few others. Thanks though and that Slipscream looks great as well.

Did you use Citadel/Games Workshop on yours? I used chainmail and boltgun metal, looks similar except I went over my chainmail with Testors Model Master Custom Lacquer System silver. It's for airbrushing but you can hand brush it, easy bright metal "cheat" but you have to coat it usually. It's raining and always really humid here, trying to wait on a warmer day to finish him up.

12. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excellent job, man. Love the contrast between the purple and the silver.

13. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

for Megatron? or Slipstream? lol. you lost me with the statement prior to the question. Well, the answer is similar for both, I Completely handpainted Megatron's silver using Testor's enamel silver and gloss black mixed together with a small amount of thinner. I painted him black, then drybrushed him, and then i used thinner to make the silver not only turn into steel color, but also to seem like the metal has minor metal wear like we see on a steel pipe or such. For Slipstream, i hand painted everything that isnt purple. I mixed blue with yellow JUST enough to create blue green for the wings, and touched it up with the silver on the wings. The build was done by a friend from Ebay who continues to create new seeker builds for me to test out with brand new colors.
    Thanks! yeah i used a dark metallic purple called "purple-icious", not kidding, thats what its called lol. and i did the edges on the cannon with a hand paint mixed light purple.

14. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

I got ya, on the paint. I'm using acrylics here, enamels won't cure right and gunk up as it's just too humid. That and acrylics are much easier. :D 

15. Rodimeister0088

Rodimeister0088 Prime

do you mean that the enamel paints bubble up? or that they leave stroke marks? i try using some thinner in the mix to make the paint malleable enough to seem like it was airbrushed for the base coat. I dealt with lots of issues along the way with enamels, but these mistakes only make me that much more knowledgeable as long as i keep looking for ways to work with what i have in hand. That is my theory of growing skill as an artist.