Minor/Repaint: TFP Ironhide - All Armed Up to Bust Some Deceptichops...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Taiki, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Ironhide always did seem to get shafted. His G1 toy made it look like he lost his head... his CHUG was tubby and made him look down all the time... and his character in Animated was so sideline I barely felt like picking him up when he came out... and I don't even wanna get started on the movies. =_____=
    For an official release, TFP Ironhide has his flaws, but he's pretty decent overall.
    I just really didn't feel like putting on stickers for him... they'd come out anyway...
    He has Kup's cannons, and is transformed with the hood popped off and reattached so it's flush with his back... I really wish someone would figure out a swivel joint mod for it that wouldn't make it too flimsy...
    painted with silver and gunmetal grey highlights. generally a quick, dirty repaint that took me... about an hour tops?...
    And now we have a hybrid Ironhide that evokes G1 and the movies, and is generally not too bad... if a bit small. But he scales with Ratchet, so that's ok.

Attached Files:

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

Looks great. I personally am quite fond of this mold, especially at Deluxe scale (CV not as much).

3. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

it's a decent mold. I'm still a little torn about the shoulder pads, but I think it looks a lot like Ironhide, so I'm happy. :) 
    But yeah... Cyberverse scale is kinda small for me... and I was never a gigantic fan of soft clear plastic weapons...

4. tubbsii

tubbsii KILL ALL HUMANS

nice work man

5. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

I'm working on the exact same figure but going fall of cybertron style. Yours looks awesome!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Why? He had some awesome toys in the movie line.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nicely done. TBH, it would've been a fantastic figure if it had been made a Voyager.

8. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Thanx guys. :) 
    FoC style eh? should work. XD putting yours up soon? :) 

oh definitely. him and ratchet. yeesh.

i dunno... I kinda liked a couple of his voyager molds?... but I didn't like his leader class mold much, and... they killed him. for no good reason. /sighz...