TFP Crossfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jun 25, 2012.

1. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, both had their reasons.

In TFTM, Hot Rod kinda got in the way when he warned Optimus to look out.

In the episode Crossfire, Optimus would've shot him had y'know, the ceiling not started falling on them as Dreadwing and a bunch of cons arrived and aimed guns at them.

jD001

2. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This scene actually brings out an aspect of TF Prime's Megatron's character.

They had Megatron look into the barrel of that gun and show no fear. That was quite admirable, IMO.

3. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Qft

4. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was going to blow his head off. He swore back in season 1 that Megatron had run out of chances and next time he had the chance he was going to end it.

I dont mind the hesitation because when Prime decided to kill him it was assumed that it would be during an epic fight, but finding himself with an unarmed and helpless Megatron was a completely different moral dilemma. Killing someone during moral combat and coldly excecuting them are very different, but in the end Prime decided that his vow still held, and he was going to go through with it.

It was a great character moment to me, usually Prime just lets the bad guy wander off no matter what they've done, but he has finally decided that there is a limit to what he will let someone get away with.

5. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

I hate to be nitpicky, but even without Hot Rod's interferance, Optimus Prime still would've died in one way or another.

6. Slipstreamer 8

Slipstreamer 8 Well-Known Member

Jdge Dread refrence, but anyways this.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

It is a similar case, yes, but it has its differences. G1 Megs was stalling for time to try and get that pistol, trying to appeal to Optimus' better nature to make him hesitate long enough for him to pull off that sneak-attack.

Prime Megs was more resigned. Not only did he lack any kind of weapon or advantage to try and ambush Prime, but he was outnumbered three-to-one. In his case, he seemed more curious than deceptive; I thought he was daring Optimus to do it, daring him to finally get on with it and finish him.

8. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Fixed :p 

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Optimus is in fact the last remaining leader of Cybertron, a planet devastated by MegatronĀ“s actions. If you ask me, OP should have taken that ultimate decision long ago. To be a leader, after all, means you cannot do always what is morally right, but what is necessary for the sake of your people.

For some reason, that situation remembers me the one with Megatron and Jack back in the cave. Leaving aside the fact Megs had a free hidden hand on that moment (not sure if Jack perceived his true intentions), the boy chose to spare the Decepticon leader mainly because, according to him, is what Optimus would have done.

10. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Prime is a dishonourable coward. Of course, he would shoot and claim to have no choise, but to choose the lesser of two "Evils", displaying all the depth of deceitful insolence of the "Good", which is nothing more, but a myth for miserable fools.

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if Arcee's gonna bring that up. Probably after hearing about it from Bumblebee.

jD001

12. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

It sounds really strange but Optimus Prime and Megatron need each other, for better or for worse. Where's the challenge when one of them are offline ? In a MegaMind kind of way, it will get boring for one of those great leaders....

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Optimus and the others seemed plenty challenged when Megs was in his coma.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Reminds me of DOTM's ending, where Megatron does the classic villainous: "Who would you be without me, Prime?"

Course, Optimus doesn't stand for that.

Anyway, in Prime, Megatron has been willing to kill Optimus Prime, and nearly does so several times. While he respects his nemesis, he also understands that Optimus has foiled his plans many times and is a capable threat that must be removed. Boring as it may become, Megatron needs to get rid of Optimus if he wants to get his plans done without resistance.

Optimus himself, as of the Season 1 finale, has proven willing to kill Megatron. Megatron is a dangerous monster who has crossed the line too many times for Prime to tolerate.

I understand your point; they are equals in combat and were once brothers. But honestly, both of them want the other dead.

15. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

But they were strangly excited when Arcee and Bee found Megatron laying there, Optimus reaction and Ratchet his aggresive tone towards Arcee "Megs outliving Optimus". They need eachother but they really don't need each other, get my drift. When they travelled inside the earths core to search for Unicron, kinda the same thing. Enemies forever but there is a big respect there !

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always thought it was "grant me mercy"

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Honestly They want to kill each other but they just can't. They realize the show would end.

18. carissa

carissa Well-Known Member

I've been rewatching season one in its entirety, and I've made it to "One Shall Rise pt 2" thus far. Watching it all in order and with foreknowledge of what happens on season two is very interesting.

What I've noticed thus far is up until "Stronger, Faster" Optimus was always advocating the middle road: not to harm worker-class miners, revenge will not ease loss, etc. However, it seems like the words of his oldest friend under the influence of SynthEn, Megatron's abuse of dark energon, plus the awakening of Unicron caused a change of Optimus' mind to kill Megatron at his next chance.

Then we get to "One Shall Fall" and Optimus does get his chance to get rid of Megatron, but was foiled by hesitating and the rain of dark energon. Then after the entire arc of allying with Megatron, losing his Prime memories, working for Megatron, and getting taunted about all the work "Orion Pax" did.

Is it any wonder now that Optimus was willing to fulfill a primes to himself and offline Megatron?