TFP Civil War question

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, May 23, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I don't remember if they ever said if the war on Cybertron was ever finished or postponed, or won it was by either The Autobots or Decepticons.They say that Cybertron went dark, but not noting what happened to the war.

Thanks

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get the impression that neither side won, but the war lasted so long that the planet ended up being uninhabitable. But the Decepticons must have gotten something right, since they have way more resources than the Autobots do in this show.

3. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I think it's at a bit of a standstill. Any fighting going on now is between small groups it seems, not straight out huge battles anymore. If anyone won, it was probably the 'Cons, but it would've been a pretty crappy victory.

4. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    well the bots were chased off of cybertron but in the end cybertron was depleted and ravaged of it recourses to where it could replenish itself

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neither side won because they killed their own planet during it. Arcee says it better, they fought to save Cybertron but when the fog lifted they noticed there wasn't anything left to save.

6. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didnt Airachhnid say to Arcee that the war was over with, and Acree replies back tell that to the cons something like that.

7. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

Nobody won. The Decepticons were somewhat winning, though, but all of that was left behind when they left their planet.

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Man, what a fucked up society. Now your kids too can reenact the total depletion of natural resources and eventual destruction of a planet by war with the new Prime line from Hasbro! Ages 3 and up.

I never really paid it much mind, but their entire population died off, save a few hundred 'Bots scattered about the galaxy. That's really depressing.

9. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

yeah, it makes you respect how deep a story to a children's show can go.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Though that's really done soon they don't need to add a bajillion more civillain bots.

Still pretty powerful for a toy property.

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    My impression is that the Decepticons won, via the Autobots retreating into space, but Megatron's warlust drove him to follow Optimus into the stars, seeking to remove every last trace of the Autobots from the Universe.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Uh, that and the planet wasn't fit for him to stay on. As Megatron said to Prime about Earth, "this time there will be a planet left to rule!"

Which actually raises an interesting question. Did the Decepticons actually learn something from laying waste to Cybertron in this universe? Is that why they're being more careful and covert rather than making a show of force and waging all-out war? That... would actually be a damn good excuse for something that's been a bit of a plot flaw in some other shows.

13. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    that makes total sense :eek:  Megatron

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Decepticons of course.

Much of the planet sided with Megatron. Iacon, the Autobots stronghold, fell. The Decepticons raided it at the Autobots nadir;however, it would appear that before the Decepticons could take hold of everything, the Autobots jettisoned a portion of their treasures into space moments before they themselves left Cybertron.

Arcee told Jack in Orion Pax (part 2, I think) that the Autobots did everything they could to save Cybertron, but realized that after the fog of war had lifted that they were doing more harm than good or something along those lines. Rather than bring more harm to their world, the Autobots ceded Cybertron to Megatron.

The Autobots, rather Optimus and his crew fled here to earth, were Megatron obviously perused him. Our rich resources, apparently, have slowed his plans to concur worlds, as the Decepticons are often seen mining Energon or fetching this and that for the Lord Megatron rather than preparing for war.

EDIT:

I think think this is part of the reason why, but this show started off with Megatron looking for some long lost army. If he is going to take a world inhabited by billions who have strong armies all over the place, he had better make sure that he has enough troops to see things through before casting the first stone?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I just hope somewhere out there Ultra Magnus, Jazz, Prowl and Warpath are still alive.