TFP Bumblebee: Differences between RID and FE?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Treadshot A1, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I've looked at my FE Bumblebee, and the other day i saw an RID one for sale. Except...in the box, it looks pretty much the same. The robot mode picture on the back looks similar.

Anyone care to explain to me what the differences are? I'm considering picking up the RID version, since the FE one i have isn't necessarily my favorite mold ever, but i don't really want to be stuck with something that's 90% the same either.

Is there any significant difference to warrant a second Bumblebee?

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Everything. It I'd a completely different mold and different transformation.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
  4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    As Bumblebee, I think the FE one is the better choice despite the transformation sequence. It just looks better in both modes for Bumblebee than the RID one. Given the choice, I'd rather have the FE, even though I don't really care for BB anymore. That being said, Hot Shot is a great redeco of him, and he'll be the only RID BB mold I'll ever get.

5. CrashElements

CrashElements Customizur

The Rid one sucks i got it the uder day its small and i just think they cud have put more time into him like the did into clifjumper. so i gave it to my lil bro and order TE one online, pirsinilay im a Bulk Head fan but they dont sell him in my country

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This is true. It is a new design especially on the upper torso. The head, chest and arms are much simplified and now use an automorph to complete the transformation. Legs are similar to the FE, but have a few minor tweaks to their design.

The FE is probably the better design, though this one is more fun to play with because the arms are better for posing. Best suggestion I can offer if you have the FE is to pick up Hot Shot - same mold, but a new character and a killer deco with it, the blue is excellent.

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Wait, RiD has better arms for posing? Seriously?

I hate RiD's arms, how bad are FE's arms that RiD's are superior? RiD's are just cut at an awkward angle that make them look sort of awkward if they're raised but not spread. Plus the shoulders are just... low.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Shot (the only version of any Prime BB mold I'm going to own) for the same reasons you do (plus goggles!), but I do not like his arms.

8. Kranix

Kranix Banned

all i want to know is why hasbro releases so many BB? i mean there are more BB on shelves now than all the plastic it toook to make every other line in existence. when i go to my local store and the only fucking figure there are 30 or so BB there is something wrong!!! is hasbro looking to get out of transformers and letting BB bankrupt them? seriously

9. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Not really. Prime Bumblebee is smaller and lacking in painted detail, especially for the robot mode. You get both blasters, the robot mode is more solid, and is easier to transform than the First Edition...but the 'revealer' gimmick doesn't quite work fully, leaving his shoulders unable to swing out fully and head unable to come down fully without messing with the part it's attached to. Basically, if you already have the First Edition, there's not much reason to pick up Prime Bumblebee. You'd be better off getting Hot Shot, who's a different character and has a nicer looking deco if you're curious about the mold.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    PRID Bee looks like poop so FE all the way.

11. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    pick up a hotshot if you want to check out the mold. it's a much better use of it, imo, and you'll have 2 different characters in your collection instead of 2 different bumblebees. not to mention hotshot's deco is pretty awesome.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I'll echo the skip BB and get Hot Shot sentiment. I have FE Bumblebee and Prime Hot Shot...I didn't dislike Hot Shot's mold as much as I thought I would but I definitely like the FE mold better. Neither are that great when compared to some of the better Movie Bumblebees though.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I'll just step in here for a moment...

I like RiD Bumblebee. He does thing right, but he isn't perfect. Nor is the FE.

Besides, he looks like he's pissed. That's awesome.

14. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
  15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PRiD Bumblebee has his roof as kibble, a lighter colored face, smaller doors, smaller arms, and less arm posability, two guns rather than one, and an automorph chest gimmick.

PRiD Bumblebee is better and less annoying to play with. FE Bumblebee looks better on display.