TFP: An Autobot Carol

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Chopperface, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I decided to surprise anyone interested with a Christmas fan fiction. This story takes place in the time between Darkness Rising and Masters & Students. Darkness Rising originally aired the first week of December, so I'm going to assume that the five parter also took place that week of 2010, and thus this story takes place before Christmas 2010. Ratchet still disdains the human kids, and it's going to come and bite him back HARD....

Currently, the cast appears to be:

Ratchet - Ebenezer Scrooge
    Raf - a bit of Bob Cratchit, the Ghost of Christmas Past, and then Tiny Tim
    Optimus - to an extent, Scrooge's nephew
    Breakdown - The Ghost of Christmas Present
    Soundwave - The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
    Jack - a bit of Bob Cratchit as well
    Arcee and Bulkhead - the two collectors for the poor

That's just a rough cast: they likely will change as time goes on. But you won't be seeing just show-characters: you'll be seeing other 'bots and 'Cons who have not appeared on the show!

The December afternoon, despite the sun's rays bathing the Jasper desert, still bit at any exposed flesh with the cold winds of the season. Even Arcee found herself rider-less, since Jack went to ride Bumblebee and enjoy the heater. It was quite comfortable, Jack thought, being in the leather seats Bumblebee had, and being warmed by the heater.

Meanwhile, Ratchet was working on the computers as usual when he heard Bulkhead, Arcee and Bumblebee drive in. Rolling his eyes as the humans came to bother him again, he simply muttered "Hello" to the children as they said "Hi". Sure those kids had some redeeming qualities, but he ultimately didn't care for them too much.

It had been a few weeks since Megatron was killed in the space bridge explosion, and the group was more festive than usual celebrating the victory. However, Optimus arrived in the room to greet the humans, and spoke to Ratchet.

"Ratchet, I believe that since we will not be parting with our young friends any time soon, (Ratchet winced at this) you should begin to work with Rafael on gaining a better hand on our Earth-based computers."

Ratchet snorted. "Are you suggesting Optimus, that I, a celebrated medic of Cybertron for eons, needs help from a small squishie to learn a few computers?"

Optimus' expression hardened a little. "That is exactly what I am saying, Ratchet. Now please," Optimus leaned in, a little annoyed, and whispered somewhat severely, "Drop your attitude."

Ratchet was slightly shaken by this - it was not often that Optimus ever scolded him. With a surrendering sigh, he turned to Rafael, and asked, "Rafael... I believe it would be beneficial if you taught me the ways of Earth's computers so I may learn a better handling of your technology."

Raf smiled, slightly taken aback by the haughty medic's request, and cheerfully said, "Sure, Ratchet! We can start in a few minutes!" The small boy ran to get his laptop from his bag, and Ratchet muttered to himself, "Terrific."

More parts will come later.

2. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

:lol  Ratchet's hilarious. can't wait to read more.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Sheesh! Rachet's a great medic and all but he REALLY has a lot to learn about being humble!:lol 

4. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I can't wait to see where this is going!

5. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

what the last person said! i love this story!

6. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

forgot somethin here..........oh yeah! cannot wait for more!

7. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

This will be good!

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:

As the day went on, and evening began to fall, Ratchet's patience continued hitting the "E" on his tank. There was Rafael, telling him what to do. Where to drop this. How to set this up. I'm a scientist, not a student to a mere human, blast it, he thought. He often resorted to letting loose a huge nasal "breath" to try to calm himself.

Raf was blissfully unaware of Ratchet's dangerously undermined patience, and he continued "babbling" to the medic. But when night finally fell, Ratchet snapped.

"Hey Ratchet! Did you know that I can show you how to set up a video-chat system with Agent Fowler too?"

That was the last straw.

Ratchet started out quiet, but the hostility in his voice was unmistakable, and took Raf by surprise. "Why, yes, Rafael. I care to learn from you this no doubt menial task." He raised his voice a little. "In fact, I absolutely loved wasting precious hours my time learning from you. Absolutely." Raf's helpful smile vanished, and turned into one of scared confusion. "But did you know, boy, that I absolutely, absoLUTEly loved hearing your annoying squeaky voice babble inanely about simple little human tasks that I could've LEARNED MYSELF?" Ratchet was yelling in a blind rage. "NO, you couldn't POSSIBLY have known ANYTHING, you little annoying GLITCH!" Ratchet was panting, he was so wound up.

Raf's face had broken into a despairing face decorated with tears. The boy was hurt by this outburst. He really did admire Ratchet, the brilliant scientist he respected and who was his second favorite Autobot behind Bumblebee. Raf began wiping away the tears, and ran off to Bumblebee's quarters, where the scout had been for a few hours since Raf went to help Ratchet. Raf buried his wet face in Bumblebee's hands, and the scout stared at Ratchet initially in shock, then rage. Ratchet only scowled in aggressive arrogance.

Bulkhead and Arcee came to Ratchet, unaware of the episode that had just transpired. "Hey Doc," Bulkhead asked, "Mind if we go and decorate around the base a little for some Christmas spirit?" Ratchet whipped his head around, and snarled, "And clutter MY base? Which I work every single frakkin' day to maintain?!? I think NOT." Arcee was offended and asked, "It's just for the kids, Ratchet." Ratchet continued, "The kids who mingle with our day to day lives, and make matters worse for us? The kids that are in reality LIABILITIES?"

Bulkhead and Arcee were taken aback as well, and Jack and Miko had heard this too. Everyone present was either shocked or furious at Ratchet's attitude.

Ratchet met everyone's eyes and optics. "Oh, what? Offended because of the truth? You'll live without a few trees or decorations! You act like it's easy to do my job around here, keeping our shields at work, maintaining our computers. You may have forgotten something, young bot's and fleshies, but I'm still here, blast it!"

Ratchet suddenly yelped in pain. He whipped around, but then his optics widened in shock at who hit him. Optimus was wearing the scowl he usually saved for disobedient troops, or even Decepticons on the battlefield. His voice was even worse.

"And you may have forgotten due to your arrogance, Ratchet, but it was my direct ORDER to work with Rafael to learn of Earth's computers - for YOUR benefit. Perhaps your own pride is what needs to be forgotten."

Ratchet did not adopt a new expression his face, defiant and arrogant as he was, but he didn't speak. Optimus examined him for a moment. "I am confining you to quarters for the rest of the night." He leaned into Ratchet's face. "Pray for your sake that you do not forget orders this time."

Ratchet grunted, "Fine", and walked off, all eyes following the medic. The Autobots and humans present weighed his words and stewed in their own takes of what had happened.

The door to the base's helicopter pad opened, and out came Agent Fowler in a Santa suit with a white beard. His dark eyebrows and hair still stuck out though.

"What's a matter with you guys? It's almost Christmas! Don't tell me you got a whiff of my grandma's fruit cake!"

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Good grief, what is Ratchets problem?! He's not the only one who's fustrated around the base and having it hard. And him calling Raf a glitch and saying that the kids are nothing more than liabilites was TOTALLY not cool too.:mad: 

Suprised as I am to say this but he makes even Animated Sentinal seem more friendly and caring in comparison.

I don't want to know what Fowlers Grandma's cake tastes like!:lol 

10. Jazzfan0217

Ratchet ... grumpy as always :lol 

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Rachet is beyond grumpy at this point I'm afraid.

I'm suprised Bumblebee didn't go all Grimlock on Ratchet for saying that awful thing,but Prime took care of that at least.:lol 

12. Jazzfan0217

ha yeah "ME BUMBLEBEE ... MAD!!!" :lol 

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I love this!

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    If some people thought Arcee didn't like to be around humans than they should take a look at Ratchet here.

At least Arcee never said to Jack those horrible things when she first started to watch him in Darkness rising . Well she said he was a liablity inPredatory but I think it was just to tell him to stay put to be safe.But se kind of thought differently of Jack at the end of the episode.

I'm having a feeling Ratchet is going to have a VERY rude wake up call to change his additude the way the story's building up!:lol 

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The night went on, and Ratchet continued working on his personal computers in his quarters and laboratory. When finally, he had exhausted himself, he decided it was time for recharge. As he prepped his systems for shut-down, he walked to his personal sleeping quarters. As he began tapping the buttons to allow access in, he noticed something flashing on the small pad for his fingers. Ratchet squinted closely... and his optics exploded out of his head.

It was the face of Mindwipe! The Decepticon had once been one of Ratchet's closest allies on Cybertron before the Great War started. They both had spent plenty-an-hour working together before Megatron corrupted Mindwipe, and then Mindwipe was among the first of the Great War's casualties. At first, the Decepticon's face stared dead straight forward, not blinking. Ratchet leaned down and stared at Mindwipe's face... only for Mindwipe's gaze to SNAP right at the grumpy medic, and shriek like a bat. Ratchet stumbled backwards and fell on his aft. "AUGH!!!" He screamed... only to look back at the keycode pad and Mindwipe's face was gone. Ratchet looked around warily, and entered the code, and entered his quarters.

Later on, Ratchet was sitting in an Autobot-sized chair and checking on the statistics of the base as usual. However, he then began to hear... clanking. However, he couldn't be hearing this... he had personally picked the quarters that were far away from any outside distraction! And this late at night? Preposterous!!!

But no. The clanking grew louder, and louder. And closer, and closer. Ratchet gripped the arms of his chair as the noise approached. You could only hear a pin drop in the icy cold silence of the medic's room. Well, yeah, you can hear the clanking too. But you know what I mean. Ratchet was scared stiff.

Just as the clanking seemed to be tapping Ratchet's audio receptors, it stopped. The shaking Ratchet turned his head slightly... only to see that nothing was there. He then noticed something that made his already cold-Energon turn to ice. The other chair in his room was being lifted. Ratchet's face was blank in shock... only for it to be smacked down with the chair. He was on the ground, his face recovering from the blow, and then his attacker materialized.

There was Mindwipe himself. Just as Ratchet remembered him, he had a black jet as his alternate mode, his wing kibble forming his shoulders, and with red highlights around his body. His head, though cyclopean, was vaguely reminiscent of "Count Dracula" as Ratchet recalled. But Mindwipe was not the same mech he'd been on Cybertron. He had on stasic cuffs, which did not for some reason restrict his movement. He had chains all around his chasis, which made him move with a dragging clank-clank, and rather slowly at that. In fact, Ratchet thought that Megatron's Undead moved faster than Mindwipe was moving.

Was it even Mindwipe moving before his optics? Ratchet could see through him like a hologram, and yet he was still there, not quite a hologram. Was he victim to a cortical psychic patch?

"... Who... who goes there?" Ratchet muttered warily.

"In life, I was your science partner, Mindwipe!" The spectre shouted. "Look at how old you have become, Ratchet. How rusty, slow... and weak."

"I am not weak!" Ratchet protested. "I serve directly as Optimus Prime's second in comma-"

"We BOTH know Optimus will accept any pile of slag under his command so long as there are those who fight for freedom," Mindwipe shouted, "Even a pile of slag as lowly as yourself."

"You aren't real... You aren't!" Ratchet growled. "You could be something wrong I processed. A dab of Energon. A crumb of servo salad. A bit of undigested meta-"

Mindwipe punched Ratchet again, shutting him up. "I grow weary of your prattle. I come to you with a warning, Ratchet." He hoisted up some of his chains. "I made these chains during my lifetime, as I was bitter to those who I did not care for, and my own friends, even when they were good and kind to me! But my chains shall be a mere vine compared to the chains YOU are forging at this very moment! You disrespect your human allies. You put your pride above all others. And I thought your comrade Arcee was an idiot."

"What do you want?!?" Ratchet yelped, "I'll call Optimus... or Bumblebee. or Grimlock!"

"STOP ASKING FOR GRIMLOCK and reinforcements. If you are to receive new members to your team, or even to come to your aid right now, they will come when the powers that be see fit." Mindwipe now came directly in front of Ratchet and met his gaze. "My time alloted grows short. To save yourself from this fate I suffer, you must be haunted by three spirits tonight! And learn the true meaning of Christmas and friendship!"

Ratchet was already cowering in his chair, and whispered to himself, "I'd rather not."

"If your ways do not change, you shall suffer one of the many fates worse than death. Say goodbye to the Well of All Sparks, or even the Pit!"

Ratchet still had the audacity to snort. "The Well of All Sparks? That's absurd. The stuff of story-telling. Robot heaven? Come on now!"

Mindwipe struck him again. "ROBOT HEAVEN OR OTHERWISE, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT SUCH TRIVIAL MATTERS, YOU FOOL." Mindwipe began fading away. "Expect the First of the Three Spirits at midnight tonight! And may Primus have mercy on your soul, Ratchet... bluh, bluh, BLUH!!!!"

Mindwipe's Transylvanian "bluhs" faded away, and he dissapeared, leaving a shaken Ratchet in his wake.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Geez!:eek:  Mindwipe seems to be VERY desturbed! Though Arcee is reckless she's nowhere near of being an idiot. That honor belongs to Miko. Being upset about a partners death does not make her an idiot. Than again Mindwipe IS a Decepticon so it's only from a Decepticons' point of view I guess.:) 

Ratchet is going to have a VERY difficult night from the way it's playing out!:lol 

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

DAAAAMN'IIIT I was going to write a fanfic [A TFP FANFIC, EVEN] about the same thing!

Pretty damn good fic, though.

18. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Also: characters and their roles that I posted in my OP are subject to change at any time. For better LOLZ, I will not be revealing whose role will change or not. :D 

Thanks to y'all who are enjoying so far! I'll try to finish it throughout the day tomorrow.

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Your welcome dude!:thumb  we're looking foward to the next chapter tommorow!

By the way I'm enjoying how Ratchet is being humbled in this!:lol 

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Arcee is next to be "humbled". Hell, I think in-show she's a lot worse than Ratchet. But really, Ratchet's the only one for the old man persona as Scrooge anyway.