TFormers 2 repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jlwtformer1337, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jlwtformer1337

jlwtformer1337 Decepticon

Does anyone think that the allspark wave is just a preview of the char./repaints for TransFormers?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Doubt it. Odds are there'll be a whole new bunch of moulds when the second movie hits, even if there are a few redecoes of this movie's moulds thrown in.

3. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

well, they'd pretty much have to do redecoes of this movie's molds, unless all the characters get new forms between movies 1 and 2. Since the movies are promoted as not being made to sell toys, I doubt they'd give everyone new alt modes or decos. They probably wouldn't even give us Goldbug, since the name wouldn't make much sense.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Like I said, there may well be redecoes of existing moulds included in the TF2 lineup, but bear in mind there are supposed to be plenty of new characters debuting in the movie. I very much doubt they're all going to be redecoes of the existing characters.

I think the basic question is whether the currently new toys, like Evac, Incinerator and Cliffjumper, are the new characters for TF2. And while they may be included, I doubt it precludes us getting new moulds as well.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd defintely would like that.

6. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    I would think so. Not many, but any non-movie character has the ability to be used for 2009 Movie fodder

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here's what I think:

Core characters will get new molds / remolds to reflect changes to them / their weapons used in the next movie. If Bumblebee has a new gun or a melee weapon, expect him to get a toy that reflects it. Prime I can see getting a new mold since he's the big ticket guy.

Returning characters who no longer play a major role (Ratchet? Ironhide?) will probably just get rereleased with paint app upgrades, or maybe with battle damage paint or something. Maybe a new accessory dependent on how they are used in the film - Ratchet I could see getting a new arm attachment, perhaps his laser, just so it's not the exact same toy again. I see those as being shortpacked toys intended solely to fill out a wave and to get them back on shelves but not in huge numbers so they sit there and gather dust because parents aren't buying the same toy a second time over.

New characters will definitely get new molds, obviously. They'll get a lot of love in the line and probably end up getting more repaints within the line than the returning toys - though I could see new character repaints of existing Movie toys included to get more variety on the pegs outside the context of the film cast.

8. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

Reverse evolution type Repaints of the returning movie characters?

9. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Slight changes

I am expecting the old characters to be sold again with slight changes or improvements. Optimus and Bumblebee are icons so their appearance cannot be changed too much altho I think they can get new vehicles. Transformers need to keep up with changes in vehicle models and technology every year. I don't know which new model truck can be used for Optimus in 2009. One day if there are flying cars, all the Transformers will have to be flying cars. I am expecting new weapons on the old characters which has already started with the Leader Optimus with sword.

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Prime, Megatron and Starscream will sure have new molds, perhaps bumblebee too. It all depends on Habsro; if they choose that those charachters won't sell as well and they want to keep low prices, we will see repaints or minor changes, if not, they couldwork out new molds even for old charachters.

11. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Different sizes

I like to buy in all sizes so my suggestion to Hasbro is to offer :
    Voyager Brawl
    Voyager Bonecrusher
    Voyager defrosted Megatron
    Voyager Wreckage
    Voyager Longarm
    Leader Starscream
    Leader Blackout
    Leader Bonecrusher
    Leader Wreckage
    Ultimate Optimus
    Ultimate Megatron
    Ultimate Starscream
    No need to redesign, just change the size.

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt any movie 1 toys will be released for the main line of movie 2. Just repainting old toys and rereleasing them as the movie characters will result in less toys being sold. People that don't by repaints will pass on them. Kids aren't stupid and can spot something they already have and might also pass.

I have a feeling that all of the characters will get upgrades (Prime, Ratchet, Starscream, BB, & Ironhide are the only survivors of movie 1). It could easily be explained that they got damaged and upgraded or took on new forms to help stay disguised.

Some movie 1 toys might get repainted to fill out the line (like Stockade & Arcee were for movie 1) but I can't see the main characters just being repaints.

13. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Well, even if a current character will be in the movie with the same alt mode and the same robot mode (for instance, Bumblebee will, without a doubt, look the same in both modes as he does now) there will have to be some means or reason for them to issue a new mold for it, because, for one thing, there will be an uproar in the community if the sequel toys are just reissued movie molds.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't see wreckage going voyager, he's not even in the movie or anything so i doubt we'll ever see or hear from that character again, UNLESS he is in the next movie, which i doubt.

ultimate prime/star/megatron, i can see them making one of them, but i doubt they'd make all three, and if any of them, it'd probably be prime.

i really don't see them making leader blackout and bonecrusher, since they are dead lol...

and no point in making a new brawl mold, when 1, he's dead, and 2, he's already got a leader, and a deluxe, and the leader isn't selling the greatest, since it's at clearance at toys r us and what not.

now, i see them changing bumblebee to a 2010 camaro, i don't know about prime, because they did spend a lot of time costumizing that truck, and then driving it around, my guess is he will stay the same truck, but maybe have a different robot mode?

megatron and starscream will probably both get new molds, and then they'll have a whole new cast of cons after that, plus probably new autobots, but i don't see ratchet getting a new alter mode, but maybe a new robot mode, how ever i can see ironhide being a new truck model. and maybe, like, red or blue or something. and then we will probably get more autobots, and maybe arcee? i mean if you think about it they don't really have to explain it, considering they never explained much in the movie itself, and what they did explain, was not a whole lot of detailed lol... so they can just make stuff uplol and people will still enjoy it. i kind'a see shockwave being in the next one, and scorp, being in it again, and maybe getting a new "owner" or what not, and i can see barricade still being in it, and possibly frenzy *or rumble*?