TFNATION to produce Transformers Animated Season 4 Graphic Novel!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lothar Hex, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may help if I explain that, though we've based on the story on the official hooks for season 4, the book is not designed to represent season 4 as it would have been had it been made seven years ago as a set of 13+ episodes. Our approach was to ask, "What if, now, all these years later, Animated was given the chance to come back and do a 65min/three-episode direct-to-DVD movie to tie up its story?" We've selected the basic plot concepts from the season that we can best tie together into a complete story in its own right, designed to meet that goal. So you'll see ideas that were going to be in the season like the trial of Megatron, Sari's quest for her origins, and... well, several more, but saying anything more would be telling!... but not in the way they would have been told seven years ago. Other season 4 things, like, say, S.T.E.A.M. or Cosmos losing his memory, aren't part of it at all. But I don't want to go into any more detail than that! :) 

2. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But I, and many others here, want more detail!

Could you check with TFNation and the other contributors of this project some way to have it available to Animated fans overseas?

Thanks!

3. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

To everyone overseas, pretty sure it will be online by the people who buy it just wait
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
    " frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Josh Perez's cover has been revealed today!

[​IMG]

So we have a proper update on availability today. First, because the demand is high, sales of the book are going to be held only on Saturday and Sunday, to give single-day attendees equal opportunity to get a copy. Second, quantities are limited, so as with TFN's "Rune" exclusive toy, sales will be initially restricted to one per ticket - but if there are copies left after everyone's had a fair chance to get one, then sales of additional copies will open up. So, Americans and other overseas friends, keep on your attendee friends' backs about getting you one! Lastly, it will retail at £6, and any money made in excess of printing costs will be donated to the charity Mary's Meals.

• Like Like x 2
  5. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Paradise for scalpers.

I want one, why there is no chance to order it?

So lets hope someone make full scan.

6. LTCProductions

LTCProductions Member

A guy on Reddit who promised me a copy is unfortunately unable to get it.

7. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm currently at TFNation, I'll copy-paste what I posted on the Allspark about this:

So, just as a heads-up to everybody, there has been an insane level of demand for the book at the con, and the entire Saturday allocation sold out before they ever had a chance to remove the one-per-person limit, and chances are the same will happen with the Sunday allocation.

I've heard that it's possible they may email attendees after the con and do a second run, so that anyone who came to the show but couldn't get one can, but it's looking unlikely that anyone's gonna be able to hook up non-attendees, alas.

8. st.ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Like I said above, what I've been told at the convention is that the second run will specifically be for attendees who missed out - the Saturday allocation sold out within an hour.

What was described to me was that they'll email every TFN attendee after the con and ask if they want a copy, count them up, and then do a second run to that number. So no stock for general sale to non-attendees.

10. st.ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no reason to print only limited quantity. A lot of fans have interesting in this.

I had plan to pay for ticket and ask my friend if he could take me one print and it has been sold out yesterday already? Seems like people from TFNation underestimate interest on Animated.

11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Unless there's some way to order it online, I suppose I'll just have to wait until some saintly fan uploads/scans the entire thing.
    Damn conventions, I wish I could go. It took forever for me to find a copy of the stunticon job way back when.

12. st.ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still believe in mass production or crowfunding thing, whatever, I just want this comics to bring that hole to near end.

It is shame Animated did not get Season 4 and it was cancelled without reason. There were a lots of interesting ideas, not like with that stupid Prime.

For me, it would be great to do first Shattered Glass in cartoon, it could be great move for Hasbro, because all of the figures could get Shattered paint job.

13. TCJJ

TCJJ 103% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Even a PDF would be nice.

Convention exclusives suck ass. Some of us can't feasibly fly halfway around the world to attend any conventions, let alone one or two here and there or flying across the country to attend.

14. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm not really sure I get what you're saying here. Almost all convention exclusives, this book included, only exist in the first place to be convention exclusives. They're not things that were going to be released everywhere, but then the nasty conventions stole them away. So you're basically just saying "I'd rather this didn't exist at all if I can't get it".

This book only exists because the people who run TFNation approached Jim and Chris, and put together an art team, and organised printing it, and so on. It wasn't created to be a commercial product, and it's a harsh but true fact that they aren't obliged to make it available in huge numbers around the world. Think about the expense, the time, the logistics involved in shipping books worldwide, compared to bringing several boxes to one hotel in the same country they were printed. They're not IDW, y'know?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that selling in huge quantities to the public would make it a far more sketchy proposition with regards to not inviting the wrath of Hasbro lawyers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No scans will be uploaded here. That would be against the site rules.

16. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Why is it OK to upload Japanese book, magazine, and comic scans, but not British ones?

• Like Like x 2
  17. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    It's not an official release, so that probably has something to do with it.

18. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I think I remember talk of a PDF release somewhere down the line as well as the second edition while at TFNation, so it is more than likely that you will all get to read this. I doubt they would completely shut of international fans from experiencing this story, which I will say is expertly made and very professional.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

That seems so strange though, why would it be fine to release pages from books which are officially produced, but not a pdf of a non profit fan book in the fanart section???

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    First, this is off topic, and we also have a rule against talking back against staff in public threads. So this post WILL be the last word on the matter.

Second, you answered your own question. Pages, not entire books. Entire books would be against the rules regardless.