TFM 2007 Deluxe Protoform Optimus Prime Starscream WonderFest 2007 Fusion Cluster

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by influence82, Jul 23, 2009.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thread for the original TFM2007 Deluxe Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream is here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...mus-prime-starscream.html?highlight=protoform

I bought the TFM2007 Deluxe Protoform Optimus Prime and Starscream Limited Special Color Version WonderFestival 2007 Fusion Cluster Atmospheric Entry Mode (wow that is a mouthful) toys at BotCon 2009 in Pasadena. They were open and Starscream was missing a missile. Because it was so hard to find pics of these toys out of package I decided to take pics and share it with this forum.

Basically these limited edition toys (2000 each I think) represent what the protoform versions of Optimus Prime and Starscream would look like when they enter the earth's atmosphere and start to heat up. Thus Takara made them out of translucent plastic. Optimus Prime was turquose blue and Starscream was orange. Unfortunately I do not have the mass release version of the toys, so you may click on the original review thread above for references. Here are the pictures:

Alt mode top view:
    [​IMG]
    Alt mode side view:
    [​IMG]
    Alt mode front view:
    [​IMG]
    Alt mode back view:
    [​IMG]
    Alt mode bottom view:
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode front view (I am missing the missiles for Starscream):
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode left view:
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode right view:
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode back view:
    [​IMG]

I noticed that they both have adjustable shoulder armor. I like how they painted the chests so it looks like they are the entry point where it is the hottest. This is definitely not a repaint but a redeco where they have a different paint schemes than the mass release versions (Optimus' chest does not have distinguished pectoral paint). They kind of look like ghosts or robots on fire. Come to think of it, if ROTF The Fallen was in Starscream's color it could look awesome.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Looks pretty decent, but the Prime looks like a burnt cube of ice. Starscream is definitely the better of the two.

3. influence82

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I now have a Movie Deluxe Protoform Starscream to compare to.
    Alt Mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Robot mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Fusion Cluster Starscream definitely stands out. It looks more evil like it is on fire (because it is). The black plastic makes it look charred. The original protoform Starscream is still cool in normal circumstances, but the Fusion Cluster makes Starscream super powered.

4. influence82

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are comparison pics with the Original Deluxe Protoform Optimus Prime
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the Fusion cluster retains the face and wrist guard paint. Being blue makes Optimus Prime look more like an icy comet than a burning meteor. Then again, blue fire is hotter than orange fire when it comes to natural gas.

5. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    coool TRANSPARENT MOVIE SUNSTORM lol