Minor/Repaint: TFG Jet Blade Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kratos, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Kratos

Kratos Active Member

Hi everyone.
    After a week rest. I have finally completed project Jet Blade. This is one of the harder one that I have found compare to prime and bee. Parts seperations is hard due to many of the pegs and rods needed to be taken out. I have use pre-shading on it like how I do my model planes and armor vehicles. Water slide decal has been place of wings flaps and body. I didn't want to overdo it due to it size. Had to find the decals that suit this deluxe Tf. Enamel wash to give the panel line a raise and coated with Gaia Semi-Gloss. Decepticon symbol are trimmed to remove most of the silver edge and them applied on the wings. I also trimmed along the panel lines of the wings to make the symbols sticks on the different panel so it won't look pasted on. Finally the canopy is misted clear and polish to shine. Front air-intake valves are weathered down also. Chest I have also weathered with silver enamel and black enamel to show paint chipping. But when transform to Alt mode. No paint chipping will show. Just like in the movie :)  Will have this on Ebay by this Sat.

May I present to you. My Custom Jet Blade.

[​IMG]

Alt Mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Transforming in process (Add in transforming sound LOLZ and took the idea from Speedleecustom on his transforming sequence take for his Skids and Mudflap. Hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea :) )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bot Mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you all like my presentation on my custom painted Jet Blade.

Attached Files:

2. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Beautifull paint job!

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Nice job.

Now I want to get a Jetblade!

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

oh wow. now that is a great paint job. wish i was that good. how does one do a wash?

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That paint job is really nice :thumb 

6. Kratos

Kratos Active Member

For wash wise. I use enamel paint and thin it till it very watery. Then I use a fine brush to panel line it. Once it done. I will clean off the residue with Q-tip. Let it dry and use another color enamel (My combo is black for panel line and mixed grey into the leftover black enamel for wash) and brush it over the parts. Let it dry then use some zippo liquid on the paper handkerchief and wipe on it lightly. And you will be able to see the effects like this Jet blade custom. Hope this helps you in your future custom.

@ FrankyWest,Shadowbreaker and Superquad7

Many thanks guys for your kind words :)  Will work hard to created more custom :) 

7. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

He looks like an ROTF Scourge to me due to his face and those mustache like on his jaw :)  But hey I like it.

8. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    The detail job is just pure win! :thumb