TFEVO TE-01 Hot Fire (not TLK Hot Rod)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Yeah the shipping part doesn't bother me coz i consolidate with other stuff anyway to save on costs. It was a matter of if the figure is worth the lower price, and u answered that for me.. cheers. Im still considering the pose and forget option.. i dunno.

3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s tough. I don’t actually collect bayformer stuff and simply got it on a whim. It looks decent but has its flaws. Packaging is terrible and there’s a reasonable chance that hands and head will be seperate and rattling around in the box on arrival, which can lead to chipping and scratching. The hands are kind of blocky and as mentioned the transformation is horrifying. The leg stickers don’t fit and get scraped off anyways. But it looks decent on the shelf.
    I kind of regret buying mine and kind of feel TFEvo screwed the pooch pretty badly.
    I expect prices may drop even lower though as this things rep is awful (as it should be )

4. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Ironic because their customer service rep was ace! Till he (supposedly) got terminated for advising all customers to cancel their orders ASAP...

• Like Like x 1
  5. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    How much was the shipping weight? Less than 1kg?

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

Didn't end up getting it. Im thinking it will go down in price when dx9 brings theirs out.

7. ShowZStore

ShowZStore Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    0.6KG

8. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

Is anyone willing to sell off their TFEVO on the cheap? I bought one originally, but had to return it as it had too many issues (wrong parts, missing paint, etc etc). However, with UT LaHire taking it's sweet ol' time, I may need to buy a TFEVO figure to complete my TF Rivals Stop motion. I have a month or 2 to make a decision, but then I'll have to pull the trigger and the thought of spending much on a 'crap shoot' figure is beyond what I want. So if anyone has a "decent" version of HotFire and wish to re-coupe a smaller portion of money for it, while also being able to see it animated in a stop motion, Let me know and we'll see what we can work out! I checked the BST and didn't see anyone selling, so I thought I'd ask here first.

• Like Like x 1
  9. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just recieved this guy and I actually really dig it. Mine didn't have any big QC issues, besides the hands and head pop off and sharp edges. But issues like that are easy to fix, and the head one is kind of interesting because it's designed like a Figma neck; it allows for some interesting articulation.

I watched a transformation video in preparation which helped give me a better handle. If I hadn't it would've been pretty frustrating. It does that thing where small parts line up to form detail which I really like.

I understand why people didn't like it, but coincidently it really hit the mark on my personal prefences.

• Like Like x 1
  10. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

You’re making me really consider finally buying this. Is the transformation bad once you get the hang of it?

11. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this is going off of being someone who watched an Emgo316 video to figure out the transformation, I think going in blind would be tough. I don't think it's bad, I think it's at least mildly enjoyable(For me it was pretty enjoyable) seeing how things line up to create a pretty accurate slender robot mode.

The worst part I think comes a few steps near the end of finishing up the transformation into vehicle mode. Lining up the 3 back panels on each side that I circled are the hardest part, but for me I like what lead up to it. Going into robot there's not really anything too frustrating besides avoiding the pointy bits.

[​IMG]

12. meisterman

That’s all I needed to hear. I really like the design and the fact that all of the details are actually formed and not just pre-formed via molded detail. I can get over the hands and head thing anyway so I guess now I just have to find it somewhere for a reasonable price.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fttproductions

fttproductions Well-Known Member

aside from the poor packing and fiddly transformation what are other issues with this?

14. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    several people only got stickers for 1 side, and several figures have arrived with a hand or head loose in the box causing damage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After I saw all the bad reviews I started to get worried that my attachment to the aesthetic wouldn't be enough. But I'm still fond of all its little tricks and the end results on both ends. Its a nice change for me after my last few years of bland/predictable brick and mortar Hasbro releases I'm use to handling.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. fttproductions

same, i just got mine today and i'm very happy i took a gamble, it felt good to be challenged and looking forward to getting it in the studio, the only thing i hated about it was the head but thanks to a spare one from gravity builder it's a whole new character plus the orange light piping works so much better.

17. meisterman

Hearing all this makes me much more confident in my order right now. Really excited for when he arrives next month.

• Like Like x 1
  18. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love mine (except the size is awkward). I've never transformed him and with all the reviews I doubt I will. But I am very happy with my purchase.

19. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    He has a lot of issues, a few of which (head and hand looseness) are easily fixable, some (tolerances in transformation) which are not. His transformation is an absolute bear and no fun whatsoever, but his robot mode looks and poses great. Certainly not hot garbage and hopefully those of you that just want a cool robit toy will enjoy him.

20. fttproductions

before this was released i was really looking forward to it then disappointed when the horror stories came flooding in and it became hard to find, at least for a price worth taking a gamble on, then recently i started to really really want it again and reached out to the community and within a day i got one for a great price.

In hand all my fears were gone, yes the hands and head are easy to remove but they don't just drop off at a touch and other joints simply needed the screw tightening. transformation is a challenge when it comes to tabbing but once things are lined up properly the gaps i kept seeing in other pics close up though i didn't like the head but thanks he the alts from gravity builder i found one that suited and fits in alt mode and the orange light piping really pulls it together.

just take your time, know you're in for a complex experience and you should be fine.

could've really benefited from a double hint elbow too.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1