TFCon - Which 3rd party reveal / showing did you care for?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zfarsh, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Grievlocke

Grievlocke 5mm Addict

Master Made took the show for me with their Devy and Fort Max, makes me wish I still collected them.

I was hoping Iron Factory would finally show off a colored version of the "Swird of Defender" but no such luck. Still excited for their lineup for the rest of the year and their normal end of the year announcements.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chareos

Chareos Well-Known Member

I liked the Cross Dimension Skyfire and MAAS Toys Stack

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Maas Toys Gee Too Accelerators were the big ones for me...im in for pretty much any G2 they put out (hoping to see their take on Skyscorchers and Cyberjets next) other than that MMC Cliffhumper is a definite buy.

4. Havocmech

Havocmech Well-Known Member

Do you think the market has been saturated with 3P Transformers, or is this in response to KO companies releasing copies so soon after the 3P companies release theirs?

• Like Like x 1
  5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Yeah, TFCon toronto wasnt that hot this year compared to previous years, especially for new reveals it was extremely disapointing, but still like the show itself, and happy i saw the IF Bruticus in person (now i want it) and the FT Omega Supreme (amazing, cant believe my eyes, and that is pretty much as close as i will ever get to it...), and FT Kup looked really good too in person and MMC Alpha is better in person than on picture actually.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    PX Insecticons, Maketoys Cross Dimension everything. Maybe the Dream Wave CW and Overlord kits.

7. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

MT Brainstorm!

8. franpincho

franpincho Sunbow or fail TFW2005 Supporter

MT's headmasters.

Can 3P companies get to work on a decent Astrotrain already??!!!

Is it 4 or now 5 god damned Springers that we have ? But just ONE Astrotrain that's a POS!

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrInpact

MrInpact DJD

Without a doubt Maketoy Galaxy Manus and Lord Despotron stole the show for me. I'm so thankful they're continuing the Galaxy Force line and going beyond just G1.

10. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    Probably a bit of both. KOs have always been a thing, but they've been focusing a lot on official figures. Only the last few years have KOs of 3Ps become really prevalent, to the point of happening almost as soon as the actual figures have been released. That's got to put a damper on things. At the very least, a damper on the announcements.

But I really just think a lot of it is people are not buying anything that is announced any longer. Even if you make a good salary, spending thousands of dollars on toys is a luxury, and people are wising up to the fact that the toy will eventually be made better than current releases. So if you aren't 100% satisfied, don't buy. I know I'm in that boat.

11. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

I was hoping IF would have an update too. They had a burst of activity this summer then seem to have gone quiet again. Bruticus, the Lambo Bros., and the Coneheads and Dai Atlas keep slipping back on TCP's calendar. Oh well, it will all be released eventually.

It was nice to see a color prototype of Mech Planet's Bumblebee and updated sketches of their Optimus.

I was hoping UT would updates on their War in Palm line. Their was pictures floating around of their prototype Cerebros, Highbrow, Apeface and Snapdragon this spring, but nothing since.

12. LLSmoothJ

LLSmoothJ Well-Known Member

DC's con was a major improvement over Toronto's.

What I'm most excited for:
    I'm already all in for MMC's Alpha, but now I'm sold for both versions of Beta. I hope they can get all the mileage they can from the mold. And I'm always game for another Greatsword user.

What I'm interested in:
    As someone who owns Cybertron!Galvatron, I'm looking to see how Lord Despotron turns out. If it works, we might get Leobreaker and hopefully can combine with Lord Despotron/Galaxy Manus.

Another combiner from Warbotron/GT/TFM with Defensor? Sign me up. Though I kinda wish they would redo Bruticus/Computron. The combined legs looks very lacking in depth.

13. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Right there with you, I was hoping for better reveals than the earlier TFCON, but it was just more of the same. I guess my wallet is pretty safe for awhile.

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maketoys's Jetfire and Galvatron concepts. Looked great and entirely different than what we're used to. I love it.
    Maketoys Galaxy Force Prime and Megs. Good lord the potential here. Some of those designs are wonderful. I hope they go with the add on arms and armor.
    Ocular Max Bruticus for the sheer novelty of all in one combiner that is elegant in its simplicity. That and it might not be a pile of junk.
    Planet X Insecticons since they are so entirely different in alt mode and the robots look great.
    Ocular Max cliffjumper looks great and I don't collect MP stuff anymore.
    TFC's Rolling Thunder Prime. Looks freaking awesome and a great new direction for TFC.

Thankfully it wasn't overwhelming but plenty there to keep my interest.

15. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...motorised piledrivers were the biggest surprise for me...

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheGreatScrotum

TheGreatScrotum Hurtzwen Usuckem

Same. I stipulate with the fact of getting a real close look at MMC’s Deadlock... it was a reveal to me.

17. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

FT's Kup and Springer & Fanshobby PM OP and Overlord. Really excited for these.

18. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 Space Choo Choo 4 Life!

Maketoys killed it for me, particularly Apeface and Highbrow. I was underwhelmed otherwise.

19. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    That's the only one that I really didn't know about before, but will almost certainly buy now. (Unless they paint it silver).

20. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Ft op xtb mmc tw
    They probably will, just to piss you off.