TFCon - Which 3rd party reveal / showing did you care for?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by zfarsh, Oct 4, 2017.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Ok, so TFCon has come and gone. Which figures shown, or revealed, did you actually care for or are interested now?

For me, it was MMC Cliffjumper that got me thinking the most, so i guess that is the one i cared for. Not sure which one i would care for more out of XTB and MMC, will depend on many things, and i am in no rush, but would like to eventually have an MP Cliffjumper though.

Others that were nice are MMC Drift, and MT fully armored prime (forgot his name), and MMC Grimlock too. Not sure i would get any of them in the future, but they definitely seem interesting products. Oh, and that Asterisk Tarn too, i know if i was at the show, i would have picked up for sure, eventhough not sure where to put it...

What about you guys?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of Sub-Atlantica

+1 for Cliffjumper

• Like Like x 1
  3. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    i felt a little underwhelmed. It seems that we are reaching the top of the peak. Most recent shows have all been just kind of "meh". Pretty happy about CJ, though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Devastator21

Devastator21 Fanstoys zombie

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Nothing at this tf con.

Last tf con was amazing.

Xtb menasor and ft cyclonus.

5. SpaghettiQuarterly

SpaghettiQuarterly Well-Known Member

FansHobby Overlord feels like the only HOLY COW event of a release despite his rough edges, mainly because a huge MP overlord is naturally a literally huge undertaking. Everything else felt kinda meh. I mean I am also one of the very few who is not into Cross Dimensions but tons of people were hype about that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

MT Apeface.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

I agree with you. This years TFCon is underwhelming as compared to the previous years, at least for me. I would still go if local, but in terms of new reveals...meh, not too many.

8. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All of the MakeToys Cross Dimension stuff and MMC Reformatted Warpath. I dig the MAAS Toys stuff, too.

9. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rolling Thunder is interesting, but I don't know if anything wowed me. (Excited about the reissue of Planet X Apocalypse though I'm gonna have to shuffle some preorders around for it). I'd say the Maketoys Master Megatron is pretty great looking, just a matter of it....yknow...happening XD

10. Whisky26

Whisky26 Well-Known Member

I went this year (first time) and I was really blown away by a few things:

1. Not really a reveal, but seeing FT's Kup and Springer in-person really made me feel a lot better about both of them. They both look gorgeous in person and the photos don't do them justice.
    2. OM's Cliffjumper looks REALLY REALLY good. He hadn't been officially announced when I first saw him and, once I realized what I was seeing, I practically squealed with joy.
    3. MMC's the pet looks REALLY good too. So does Beta (Drift). I got to handle Beta a bit and his ankles are a huge improvement over the last several MMC releases in the last few years in terms of range of movement and tolerance (the ankles were VERY similar to MMC Vos, but presumably without all the other problems of that mold ;)  ).
    4. I REALLY like OM's Saltus (Springer) much more than I expected. Almost more than FT Apache. If it wasn't for the car mode, I would get Saltus over FT Apache.
    5. MT's Highbrow! The prototype looked so good in person, I immediately went to the TCP booth and bought MT Cupola and Ironwill (which I had been hemming and hawing over for years).

Honorable mention: OM's upcoming Bruticus. I LOVE the concept, but I am not sure how I feel about the toy based Onslaught. It doesn't fit my personal definition of what I want in an MP combiner, but I am waiting to see more.

• Like Like x 2
  11. paul5409

paul5409 Omega Sentinel

MT Brainstorm

12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

Master Made Devastator.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think TFCons need to be farther apart in order to prevent too much repeat info. Maybe one in the spring and one in the fall. I'm getting less and less 3P stuff these days, so really the only thing from either TFCcon that I plan on getting is MMC Thunderclash.

14. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'd have to go with Maketoys offerings... them continuing on with the headmaster line is pretty exciting for me.

Roadmaster's final pics look sweet too.. I have zero knowledge about him as a character, but he's damn cool looking.

15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This TFCon had much more interesting reveals and updates than Toronto.
    • MMC's Drift/Deadlock and Cliffjumper are interesting
    • Ocular Max cassette Frumble twins for sure, despite the stupid motorized gimmick
    • Confirmation of Galaxy Meteor repaints into Thundercracker and Skywarp, which looked very nice
    • Also good (if disappointing) to confirm Howling Meteor is just as garishly glossy and plain as its testshot and no fixes for the neck movement, wingbacks, or general standing stability, so crossing it off the Buy list
    • Good to see MT are moving forward with more MTRM headmasters
    • A bunch of Planet X and MT Cross Dimension reveals for the folks who dig the CHUG stuff
    • A bit of combiner news (hoped for more)
    And that's just off the top of my head. There was a ton more. Memories of Toronto's 3P panel seem positively barren in comparison. Fans Toys is maybe the one missing piece but they just need to get more products to market of what they've already revealed, so no real loss there.

16. Naroki

Naroki Well-Known Member

MT highbrow
    MT Galaxy Optimus
    MT Galaxy Megatron
    MT Brainstorm
    MT God Jinrai
    MT apeface
    MT Cross dimension line
    Fandshobby Super Jinrai
    Fanshobby Overlord
    MMC Drift + Deadlock
    PF Cyclonus
    Fantoys Kup
    G-creation sixshot
    Planet X insecticon

I feel exhausted...

17. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC Cliffjumper and Fanstoys shitpiece for me

• Like Like x 1
  18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    The new reveal that excited me was MMC Cliffjumper.

MakeToys Highbrow was a nice reveal as well. I'm glad they're finishing the Autobot Headmasters.

The images that excited me most overall (though it wasn't a reveal by any means) was Master Builder's Powermaster Prime/Super Ginrai. I MUST have that figure.

19. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Fans Hobby Overlord. Nothing else came remotely close. Impressive as all hell in person.

• Like Like x 1
  20. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

GCreations IDW Prowl.

I have been waiting for a prototype reveal for a while, and it was very very cool to see. Very excited about that one. Easily the highlight of the show for me.

OM's Cliffjumper looks really nice. Great to see Maketoys show a proto for Highbrow and sketches for Brainstorm. Maketoys doing God Jinrai is very cool. I wish there was some new development to show from Perfect Fusion's Cyclonus.