TFCon Powered Commander vs DIA Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr. Grimlockisking, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so I've been catching up on collecting after a couple of years hiatus (which hurts the pocketbook, but man am I having fun!) and have fell in love with the Fansproject stuff.

I'm kind of stuck as for where to go right now though. I know I want to get Shadow Commander at some point, but he's behind whichever one of these two I don't choose, namely because of the price point trying to secure one right now. That said, which of these two versions is better? The DIA Commander version, or the TFCon version? I really wasn't aware there was much of a difference aside from the Energon lunchbox (courtesy of Vangelus's review on the G3 trailer) and I'm really kind of stuck as to which one to get.

Is the DIA better because of the chrome? Is the energon lunchbox worth the rarity of the TFCon one? What do you all think? Which one would you recommend I go after? And does one pose better with Henkei or Classics OP, as I'll have to grab another one of those to go with it. Just curious what everyone thinks and/or recommends out of these two.

Ideally, I'd end up with both, but that's probably not going to happen for another year or two with all the TFClub stuff coming out that I want to grab, especially Not Devastator.

2. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

I have Classics OP and the DIA armor. The chrome looks very, very sharp. Everything fits together well, both physically and color-wise.

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say, choose it based on the Classics Prime mold you got. If you want it to go on Classics Prime, go with the TFCon version. If you want it for Henkei Convoy, go with DIA Commander. As the reds on both version were color matched to the classics or henkei version their meant for.

4. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

Exactly what Venksta said...

5. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's kind of where I'm stuck at, because I have both the Henkei mold and the Classics mold. I liked both a lot and am doing the reprolabels upgrade on classics, so the mold itself is kind of a wash for me. More curious as to how those who have seen it up close and personal like each version

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Here is mine. Its DIA Commander with Classics Prime. I think it matches well.
    [​IMG]

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that's the tfcon version on classics prime, i like the non chromed parts, the silver missiles and the lunchbox

8. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

the dia commander doesn't look too shabby. i have mine on classics prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have the DIA armour on classics Prime. There are 2 reasons for this: 1) I actually prefer the TFCon armour but the DIA version is much cheaper to get hold of. 2) since I have the DIA armour I would prefer a Henkei Prime to match the colours/chrome with, but the classics version is much cheaper to get hold of.

To summarise, I agree that TFCon + classics and DIA + Henkei = best combos. HOWEVER, due to price considerations, I have had to mix and match. The end result still looks awesome whichever one you go for.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are the color differrences that noticeable in bot mode?

11. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like chrome! Go DIA! Cheeper too.

12. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

I have both.

Right now TFcon is on Henkei prime vehicle mode for his trailer, and DIA is on classics prime for Powered. (I just hated to cover up that beutiful henkei prime in armor)

I personally woul dgo with the DIA, but I like chrome.

IMO the TFCON one is not worth the extra money.

I actually have the facemask face from the City commander upgrade pack on DIA as sort of a Homage to Powermaster prime.

YMMV But one is not really overpoweringly above the other...Id say get the cheapest version.

13. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the input everyone! I think for now, the plan will be to get DIA from one of the board members here that I have an order in with, then I'll try and pick up SC and later on down the road, I might get the TFCon version. Though that will probably be at the very end of all of my lists to get. I like both a lot, and that energon lunchbox is pretty awesome, but it seems like DIA is the easier one to get ahold of now.

I love the pics from everyone too! I cannot wait to get into our house in a few months when I can actually display everything, hopefully I can add to these discussions then too :) 

Rhapsody, what would you think is a fair price for the TFCon one to watch out for?

Same with Shadow Commander, I've only seen about $300 or so for him on eBay and wasn't for sure if that was accurate or fairly inflated

14. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i have both the TFcon w/classics prime and DIA. w/henkei prime..and honestly i like the DIA one w/ my henkei prime alot better..the reds and blues seem darker to me and looks badass contrasting all the chrome..L8s...

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    you can get the DIA commander and get a KO energon box or something if the box means so much to you.

16. rhapsodyred99

rhapsodyred99 Well-Known Member

Honestly I do not know a fair proce ATM. I go tboth Shadow commander and TFCON Powered right at release for retail value. I actually got the TFCON because i did not know DIA was on the horrizon, had I known I would probably not have gotten him. As it was since I did not pay a fortune on the secondary market for TFCOn, I went ahead ond got the shiney chrome dia, besides it let me put TFCON missles on shadow commander which makes him look BADASS! lol

now?

I personally would not go over 200 dollars for either, but it really depends on your disposable income and how bad YOU want them.

I have not looked at prices really since I got them so have no Idea I am sorry.

I was lucky enough to get a shadow scythe before they sold at as well, but that guy is going for a fortune. I would pay for him before I would pay for either TFCON or Shadow.

17. Dr. Grimlockisking

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you know where I can get a KO energon box? I know they have KO trailer sets, but I haven't seen a KO energon box yet (though I admittedly have not looked prior to this either)

18. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, anyone know where I can get a KO face - with the face PLATE?

19. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    The DIA was my choice, it looks so clean with the chrome, but of course with a Henkei Prime as well.

20. thundercatlord

thundercatlord Well-Known Member

News Credits: