TFCon Hasbro Panel Q&A report

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    TFCon Hasbro Panel

Slides were mainly the same as at Botcon – nothing new or shocking seen, but lots of good news, especially for our Canadian friends.

- Hasbro Canada will be starting up a quarterly Q&A through Cybertron.CA
    - There is a big push to get more exclusives out in Canada – aiming for near to 100% in the next two years. Keep watching Cybertron.CA for release news.
    - Specific exclusive news – the Universe comic two packs will be coming to Zellers. Zellers and TRU will be getting the Minicon 12 pack. Zellers will also be getting the Deep Space Starscream very soon. Unfortunately though Movie Ultras Jetstorm and Wingblade will not be making it to Canada.
    - More bad news – due to licensing issues, the Canadian release of the 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime will not include the DVD with More than Meets the Eye.
    - Some good news – the generic packaging, such as on the first wave of Universe, will be superseded by the individualized packaging around about wave 3 or 4 of Universe.
    - Hasbro Toy Store is making progress with setting up shipping to Canada, but it is not quite ready yet.

The rest of the Q&A session related to broader questions about Hasbro releases in general.

- Masterpiece Thundercracker and Skywarp at domestic retail – there are no firm plans to do these two yet, but they are being kept in mind, possibly for 2009 store exclusive releases.
    - Reviving Alternators – there are no plans in the short term, as it was deemed that Universe would have the broader appeal since Alternators was far more narrowly focused on collectors. It was not completely ruled out, though.
    - Computer games – Activision has two in the works, an Animated game for late this year, and a Movie game for next year.
    - G1 DVDs – it’s still too early to announce any plans, but Hasbro stated they bought back the rights with the intention of using them so watch this space.
    - The Marvel and Star Wars Transformers will not feature Transformers characters as the team do not want to mix the fantasies. So no Iron Man that turns into Starscream, for example.
    - 6 inch Titaniums – the finished tools will get released. The unfinished ones unfortunately will not. The finished tools referred to are the War Within Grimlock and Prowl who will be TRU exclusives in the US.
    - Transformers Animated – there are no specific plans for guest or one shot characters, however it was stated that the design team like to try to make 100% of the characters who appear in the show.
    - Animated Legends – no dedicated line, however, some may be done as Universe Legends.
    - No plans to make Animated humans as toys.
    - There are no specific plans for a dedicated Universe ficition, although you might see some cameos in the comics or other media.
    - There is the possibility for some overlap on the Universe and Animated lines, where the two characters are different – Prowl was cited as an example, one being a black motorbike and the other a white police car.
    - When the question of combiners was brought up, the reply was “potentially”. 
    - Hasbro could not comment on the possibility of getting more Dinobots or Sunstorm in Universe.
    - They have no current plans to release the black Arcee repaint from the Japanese movie line domestically.
    - Robot Heroes Dispensor is the only version of the Mountain Dewbot that is getting released. There are no plans for Leader Blackout or Voyager Bonecrusher.

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    More Dinobots with Grimlock.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet! The question I asked got answered! I asked if we would see Universe in media like comics or direct to DVD movies. Lame that the answer is basically "no'. Haha

Isn't Hasbro gonna show some new product today?

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I find this to be the most interesting.
    A legends class Lockdown would be nice, but any legends class animated would b e cool.

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    No more Alts/6" Titaniums...

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like a lot of what was already said at Botcon. Hopefully they'll have some new news available for us at SDCC's panel.

On a side note I'm kind of surprised that no one asked about when we could expect to see the Ratchet remold that Takara showed off this weekend domestically.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    All the questions were submitted before hand, but just talking to them at the booth I think by the sounds of it Ratchet is going to be an early 09 release.

BTW Just to add as it kinda stuck out in my mind, Hasbro Canada also mentioned that legends figures for some reason do a lot better in Canada then the US, why we don't know but I thought that was an interesting tidbit they mentioned.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I wished somebody asked about Alternity, such as if Hasbro has any intention of releasing them as plastic toys. Of course, the time might have been inconvienient if the questions had to be submitted before the panel started.

9. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    Unnecessary trolling and flaming will not be tolerated - TFW2005 Staff dude i dident swear i ranted i see people who swear all the time. i actually disguised mine. what gives?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, I see. Wonder why they did it that way instead of the way they do it at Botcon? Early 09 is when I figured Ratchet would get a release (seems convenient given their not wanting to cross characters too much between the two lines). It would just be nice to get an official date.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This was Hasbro Canada doing it and they wanted to have well thought out answers so the RI Hasbro team also looked at them as well so they could provide the best responses possible :) 

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Deluxe/Voyager Dispensor=:cry :cry :cry  Guess I'll have to pick up the RH version if I'm lucky enough to see him again.

13. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I've always held out hope that the 6" Ti line would continue, at least to get Cosmos and Arcee. Ah well, I guess I kinda new already.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    When I was at the Hasbro booth later in the afternoon checking out the Ironhide I asked if they knew about the Ratchet but they weren't able to comment. Might be one of those things where Takara has basically leaked the info before Hasbro was ready to announce?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yay!

Nice!

Sweet.

As long as we get comic two-packs, I'm fine.

Poo.

Crap, I like generic packaging. It means I get to save the inserts and only need to save one card.

Neat.

Sweet! MP SW & TC are MINE! Just hope they're more durable than SS was.

:rock 

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hah they used my question!

Well, there's still hope for Cliffjumper!

17. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

Yay!

18. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

'Watch this space!'

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Did they give prepared answers again? I recall somebody saying they asked at BotCon's Hasbro panel if it was possible for Hasbro to release Music Label Soundwave without the expensive mp3 electronics in Universe, but Archer alledgedly gave a seemingly prepared answer that mentioned how MiniSDs weren't a popular format in North America (which is true, but the answer is pointless as the question was about a non-electronic figure).

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks about the DVD, but glad to hear about the packaging.