TFcon Chicago 2018 convention exclusive X-Transbots Crackup B1

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 16, 2018.

1. EAKSGEEKS

EAKSGEEKS Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Normally that's been the case in the past, with multiple retailers and companies, but it was not the case earlier this year with MT's MP G2 Jazz offering as it sold out at TCP's booth at TFCon Canada. A lot of us (including myself) that were hoping/expecting to scoop it up for retail online after the show got burned that way and had to manage other options.

Hopefully that's the case here, but depending on how many are made and what demand ends up being (certainly possible MT underestimated demand for G2 Jazz while XTB overestimates demand for G2 Breakdown here), but the safest route for those that really want one is just middleman it if you can't make the show.

3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Hey thats exactly what i do to think. Especially when my mind is racing lol. Thats cool

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

How about crack up c, a nice Pearl White.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Now that’d be really nice. It’d have to be more than a convention exclusive.

6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

This is a dumb comparison. I can walk into any retailer (even a non-retailer) and find BB. Where do I go to find a 94' G2 Breakdown? Maybe I wasn't cruising the convention scene enough and missed out on the stacks of them that made BB's massive retail footprint look tiny? :lol 

Just feels like a ton of complaining for an exclusive YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY. :) 
    You subjectively do not like it. But it SOUNDS like you're suggesting others should not like it. Without giving any reasons for hating it. :D  Uhhh... what?

I imagine gray or black would please you guys better? Yes? Please elaborate next time! Because I love the colors - it's "garish" (or colorful enough to add a splash of life to the dull, muted colors of most releases today). Ohhh, maybe 80s style is just too RAD for some of you! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I applaud the balls it takes to release it in its neon glory!

If I can get a hold of it, I will get it.

EDIT: Oh its an exclussive for a convention darn it....

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I remember buying FP's G2 Stunticon for $100 at TFCon. Pricey AS HECK, and way smaller than this.

Then along comes Botcon Chicago (2014?), and a seller has a few of them for $40! :banghead: 

So the moral of the story, I guess, is that it's better to wait till Botcon! :D  :cry  :lol 

9. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know you're right. If only I had said somewhere... oh like maybe in the signature thats on every single one of my posts... that what I post is "in my opinion only.":rolleyes:  I mean seriously, aren't we past that whole "well thats, like, your opinion man" phase of posting on these boards?
    As for why I don't like it? I thought that would be pretty obvious from looking at the figure, but ok...Because I think it looks F'ing hideous?
    The detail on the face is completely washed out by the dark high gloss paint, which clashes glaringly with the lurid red eyes. The pastel lavendar, while mostly considered acceptable and canon for Shockwave, is terrible on this figure, and looks even worse when combined with the robins egg blue.
    He goe's from being a "bad guy" to a brightly dressed clown.
    And if that's not enough, read the first paragraph of Breakdowns description on TWiki, and then try and relate it to this hypercolor monstrosity:

"Ever since the invention of Targetmasters, Breakdown has been convinced his pistol is out to kill him...(It really is!)
    Breakdown has an acute case of paranoia. (What was that!?) He genuinely believes that things, both living and inanimate, are watchinghim. (They're all over me!) Breakdown doesn't like to stand out in a crowd. (Did you hear that!?) He dreads being different and garnering attention. (Stop staring at me!) At times, he almost wishes he was a human so he could just disappear and no one would notice. (Get them off meeeee!) Needless to say, he and Red Alert (He's one of THEM!!) would be energon drinking buddies if each wasn't likely to be convinced the other was trying to poison him."
    It's a monstrosity, as are almost all G2 figures IN MY OPINION. But nowhere did I EVER say
    In fact let's take a quick look at what I actually did say:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry. I meant to say that breakdown has the significance and importance to botcon as bumblebee to hasbro. Not that there are a billion breakdowns or more compared to bumblebee.

11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm too lazy to write out a long reply and I don't think @ZapRowsdower is worth the effort so I'll just say "ditto."

• Like Like x 3
  12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who's complaining...I love G2 Breakdown. ;) 

14. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Maybe they should do a Sideswipe color scheme, to beat the KO version....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Also to tickle the fancy of people who love the concept of the masquerade combiner thing. As in yes I would totally buy that.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That might actually tempt me into buying more XTB Stunticons. EDIT: I thought I would add I have Crackup and have no intention to finish even the regular G1 team from XTB. That is how interested I would be in a Masquerade set.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Hate to break it to ya, but Botcon died...and I think they stopped letting people bring third party figures after a certain point. Since TFCON is better than Botcon, it's cool to see a G2 Breakdown once again as an exclusive at the now dead convention's spiritual successor. I'm one of the few whose first impression of Transformers came from seeing G2 toys on the shelf, so these G2-themed exclusives really hit a sweet spot for me. Now, if only someone in the third party companies will do a Pyro and a Clench so I can avoid spending money on the Botcon set.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I thought that "Paul's Robot Con" (something like that) was the "spiritual successor" to Botcon?

• Like Like x 1
  19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I mean... FunPub was awful and Pete was FunPub, right? So no...if anything TFCON has been better for a while. Botcon was around a long time before FunPub though, seems a shame to associate the fun I had at that convention as a kid with them. Either way, TFCON has the better reveals...and exclusives, clearly.

20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly! God that’d be cool.

• Like Like x 1