TFcon 2013 program/comic review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Scaleface, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recently got ahold of the TFcon 2013 program/comic, and enjoyed it greatly. Here is a quick review/synopsis:

Cover/1 - TFcon 2013 logo, with illustrations of Van Guardian and Roswell on the cover.
    2- Guests of honor. Brief bios for Jack Janel, Dick Gautier, Venus Tenzo, James Roberts and Marynil Lightstone.
    3. Gobit Profiles - Bios and tech specs for Van Guardian and Roswell.
    4. Start of comic titled "Lost World, Lost Mind" by Daniel Aeseneault. The planet that looks like a cross between Cybertron and an apple core, unnamed, but it's Gobotron. Then a closer street view where we see Turbo, Dumper, Road Ranger, Smallfoot, Royal-T and Spay-C all in alt modes traveling along.
    5. In some lab Baron Von Joy and Rest Q (called by NAME!) are examining Roswell, who is turns out is fine.
    6. Walking out she is meets who Van Guardian, talking about her visions.
    7. Flashback to the paid getting run through the modifier to their current forms by Baron Von Joy, Staks and "Bug Chomp" (Super Gobot body, I guess they didn't want to step on the club's toes with a character named Bug Bite?) Roswell has another vision of a god in pain.
    8. Roswell sees the coming of a "chaos bringer" , the tainting of a powerful talisman, and their world ceasing to exist. Big flash of light.
    9. Van Guardian and Roswell wake up somewhere else to Toxin talking (with his blue Chromedome body), who talks about gathering intelligence on the Seibertron timeline. With him stands Prototype X, Project Z and TFcon Decepticharge. Behind them stands the Night Ops SFX and Nightbird. Long behind them is the image of Anarchy (the TFcon exclusive metallic Cyclonus bust).
    10. "Project X and Z" biographies. Oddly Prototype X is called Project X here.
    11. Floor Plan of TFcon 2013.
    12/back cover - Ages 3 and up ad, including 3rd party toys like MMC Talon, Hexatron, the 4 FansProject not-Stunticon cars, Quakewave and Chaos/Paladin!

My thoughts - I'm surprised they used the names Baron Von Joy and Rest-Q in the comic, why not Duke Von Happy and Doc-Tor or something? I say embrace the third party-isms. I'd presume this story lead up to some voice play. I hope we hear it online soon.

[​IMG]

Okay, we have Perfect Effect, Mech Ideas, Headrobots and Impossible Toys all in one shot! Not bad.