TFcon 2010 Nightbird Exclusive - Quickie Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by General Tekno, Jul 16, 2010.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    YouTube - TFcon 2010 Nightbird Review

Here's a quick look at TFcon Nightbird that I took, right after getting her.

(As in, I bought her, went into one of the convention rooms, and set up my recording equipment straightaway to get a review up).

Overall, a great display piece - the figure really looks great. The chest doesn't really lock (I'm told it's a production flaw), but it's really posable as a figure, and it'll look AWESOME on a shelf. Seriously, I think it looks head and shoulders better than Arcee from the pics I've seen of her.

It's no Powered Commander though. DO NOT compare the two. Nightbird is a LOT smaller and as such has problems to worry about that Powered Commander does not due to it's size (seriously - it's pretty small).

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I am still on the fence about this, I think I need to see some still pictures to willing to buy it.

3. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall, I'm glad I ordered this. I keep hearing people complain that it's not worth the price, but considering how limited it is and there are no other Nightbirds out there, it is well worth it. Nitpicky issues can be fixed and a great figure can be had here.

4. Blueshift

Blueshift Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking this out out before the Arcee figure proper? :eek: 

5. JTMitchell87

JTMitchell87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, the Arcee one is already out and there are even a few reviews (written and video) already in the review section.

6. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Yes she is out, my Arcee should be here in a few days. If it is good (and Nightbird is still available) I will decide then.

7. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Ahahahahaha $150.00 for THAT!?!?!? Umm NO.
    Is everyone really so desparate for a Nightbird in their collection? She's not even a Transformer! I'd maybe pay $50-$60 for a Nightbird that DIDN'T TRANSFORM, with no production flaws, and a better, more robust construction that actually allowed her to stand to scale with the rest of my classics...What's next? A $200 Chip Chase with a wheelchair that transforms into a mobile weapons platform?
    Kudos to all of those that actually have the expendable income to justify affording something like this, but Jesus you guys...to me, that's just rediculous...Speaking in the terms of real dollars, this figure doesn't hold a candle to any of the other $100 + figures I've purchased.
    Remember...you can't rape the willing...that is unless we're talking about 3rd party Transformers...

8. WarConvoy

WarConvoy Earth Defense Command

Ebay:
    Thanks for the great review.
    My main issue still is its so small and not worth $150.
    I can see $20 to $30 MAX for something that small.
    The paint job still dose not look that great as well. :thumbdown 

9. Loki Corvinus

Loki Corvinus Well-Known Member

For $150, I expect a figure to be perfect.

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

hope this one stands better than the ARCEE one i bought...that thing wont stand up for $#!+......REAL ANNOYING!!!!...got to lean it against warbot jus so i can display the piece...150 for a piece that has so many flaws i'll pass..

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  11. SteadyMobin

SteadyMobin BreakBread

Really??? A 3rd party/Garage Build figure, WOW... It dont matter how limited it is or if no other Nightbirds are out there. The figure is HORRIBLY made and its not even Takara or Hasbro, not that they are the greatest but at the $120-$150 price I would be more incline to break bread if I new they made it. Use Fansproject as a standard of how 3rd party/Fan made figures should be, with that said, just a message to those buying it thinking it will be worth big doe. Last years exclusive was the FP armor IMO was awesome and worth the doe but even that piece can be had for way less then what it was selling for and it by far is better in every way then the Grey Turd called Nightbird.

12. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    Radicons, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

13. JTMitchell87

JTMitchell87 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Made by the same company that made Arcee/Nightbird.

14. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Just opened mine; really poor level of craftmanship. Definitely not worth the $120 cdn (price includes free admission) I paid this morning. Very fragile and the bloody figure can't stand straight since it's too top-heavy, lol...

TFCon should have reconciled with Fansproject for last year's fiasco and maybe we would have had a really cool repaint of FP Springer as Devcon or someone else...

Impossible toys should stick with large custom PVCs (i.e. Quints) and not transformable customs imo.

15. EmGo316

EmGo316 Freakin' Geek

News Credits:
    No version of that mold is worth more than $10 let alone $150. I'm already thinking about selling Valkyrie because she's so crappy I regret I spent the money on her. Epic fail!!

16. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFCon is rightfully pissed at FansProject. FP proved themselves untrustworthy as a supplier of exclusives with that little incident. I love their stuff, but I would never pay a premium for an FP exclusive because we all know they will fuck its value and release something similar two months later. TFCon knows that and did not waste their time with them this year. Who would buy an FP produced TFCon exclusive knowing how it played out in the past? No one.

17. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Ugly ugly ugly figure.

18. Blueshift

Blueshift Well-Known Member

19. Loki Corvinus

Loki Corvinus Well-Known Member

I understand them feeling burned, but at least all of FPs items are of superior quality for much less.

20. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

This. It's nice to say something is exclusive, but that means very little when the quality stinks. People like FP because they make quality items. For that $120 price tag, I don't think Nightbird is worth it. Heck, I don't think that Arcee is worth $70.