TFCog Beast Wars II & Neo FDP Auditions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by New Brandon, Jun 15, 2007.

1. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Cast List

Mantis - Zack Lawrence
    Drill Sergeant - Gabriel Jean
    Bigmos - Geist Seig
    Tonbot - Daniel Ross
    Scissorboy - Chris Jones
    Drillnuts - Gabriel Jean
    Powerhug - Zach Dyer
    Hydra - Nathaniel Chambers
    Hydra's Drone - Holly Tipton
    Scrambled Voice - Sabina Betschke

Congratulations to everyone who got a part! Thanks to everyone who auditioned... it was an almost overwhelming amount of you. It was the most female auditions we've ever had. If you didn't get a part here, there are dozens of characters left on to audition in each series.

And here is the original post!

Auditions Closed!

Hey everyone, it's audition time! We've got a lot of characters to audition for our fan dubs here, but if you don't get one... there's still a lot more to go! We have some for both male and female voices, which isn't always the case when you're dubbing Transformers. We have fan dubs available of Victory, Beast Wars Second, Beast Wars Neo, Robotmasters, Scramble City, Zone... over 40 episodes all told! To check out our work, please visit http://www.tfcog.com.

Also, we have bit parts, episode parts and regular parts. If you're not looking to commit to a long deal, please don't audition for the Insectrons. Please record all the lines listed for each character. I have provided screen caps for each character and a Japanese voice sample of all of the major characters as a rough guideline.

Send all auditions to bwill(at)cogeco.ca. Preferably zipped. Save the files in MP3 format if possible. File attributes should be something like 44000Hz, 128kbps, mono -- although I'm far from strict on this. Name the files CharacterName_YourName_Line#.mp3. Deadline is Sunday, July 8. Now, on to auditions.

AUDITIONS

Beast Wars Second

Scrambled Voice
    First, we have a bit part... a scrambled female voice. Needs to sound ominous, with no emotion. Send in clips of gibberish, about 5-10 seconds in length.

[​IMG]
    Maximal Drill Sergeant

The drill sergeant only has a couple of lines in episode 5. Unsurprisingly, he needs to sound strong and military-like. The character is only seen briefly, at a distance and in silhouette, so you won't need to match any mouth flaps.

"Gutless cowards! This is no drill! Don't help anyone but yourself!"

[​IMG]
    Mantis

Mantis is a semi-regular character and the leader of the Insectron faction in Beast Wars Second. Most of his appearances happen around episodes 6-12 or so. Looking for something strong, tough and maybe even slightly crazy (in an angry sort of way). He is a loner, despite being the leader of the group and would rather live in peace than fight, so getting caught in the middle of the Maximal-Predacon war angers him. His alternate mode should be obvious by his name.

"I am Mantis of the Insectrons and I look forward to challenging you one day!"
    "The time for talking is over!"
    "Those who threaten our lives are our enemies!"

Japanese Voice Sample

[​IMG]
    Bigmos

Bigmos is a mosquito. His voice should be deep and a little deliberate. He's always seen with Tonbot, who is pretty much the opposite of him.

"We can't let them live, Tonbot."
    "Maximals, I believe we had a bit of a miscommunication."

Japanese Voice Sample

Tonbot

Tonbot ('tawn-bot') is loud and obnoxious. Has a high pitched voice. If I was to compare him to a character in the original Beast Wars series, it would be Waspinator. I'm not looking for a Waspy impression, but maybe something equally as obnoxious.

"Please help me! Please!"
    "Wow, you Maximals are amazing!"
    "We thought we'd finally found peace, then these guys had to come and ruin it for us!"

Japanese/Engrish Voice Sample

[​IMG]
    Scissorboy

Scissorboy is the teenage/young member of the Insectrons. I'm looking for a young voice, but more of a medium sounding young voice, nothing too high.

"Are you still working on that stupid thing?"
    "I had this dream about you last night, so I was hoping I'd run into you sometime!"

Japanese Voice Sample

[​IMG]
    Drillnuts

Drillnuts is the scientist of the Insectrons. He always has gadgets that may or may not be any good, especially a device that detects rage. Looking for something that sounds "smart." I picture him with an English accent, but a Harvard lockjaw or some other similar sounding accent may also be worth a try. He doesn't need an accent, he just needs to sound intelligent. Has a medium voice.

"Look, what it does is it detects one's level of hostility."
    "I've got bigger fish to fry. A missile I made myself didn't explode! I don't see why..."

Japanese Voice Sample

[​IMG]
    Powerhug

Powerhug is a goofy character. He's big and not really the brightest, so he should have a deep, slow voice. He likes to roll up into a ball and roll down hills until he loses control. No mouth, so it will be easy to synch the lines.

"Aaaarrrgghhhh! Help! I'm out of control!"
    "And defy the code? Never. The only way I fight is like a true insect!"

Japanese Voice Sample

Beast Wars Neo

[​IMG]
    Hydra

Hydra mostly appears in episode 12 (we're on 11 right now), but appears later on in the series. He likes making bad puns and he thinks he's funnier than he is. He is an old friend of Ramhorn's and is jealous of his success. Magmatron has put him incharge of the fortress planet Porcupine which has the population of 2 -- Hydra and his drone.

"Lord Magmatron, you'll never believe it, sir. The Maximals have requested landing on Porcupine!"
    "I'll need some help. Send one of your troops in and we'll take their ship out."
    "Haaaaahahahahahaha!"

Japanese Voice Sample

[​IMG]
    Hydra's Drone

Female voice. Needs to sound plain like a computer but still have an underlying sense of humour. Doesn't have a mouth, so there's not a lot of difficulty in synching lines. I'm relatively sure she's just in the one episode.

"With these new spaceships being built into Porcupine, it will truly be the most powerful fortress planet that has ever existed."

Japanese Voice Sample

That's it for auditions. If you have any questions, please reply to this thread or e-mail me at my address above.

Auditions Received...
    Daniel Ross (Mantis, Bigmos, Tonbot, Scissorboy, Drillnuts, Powerhug, Hydra)
    Markus Hauta (Drill Sgt., Drillnuts, Powerhug, Tonbot)
    Sami Sadek (Hydra, Scissorboy)
    Curt Page (Bigmos, Drill Sgt, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Matt Knight (Scissorboy)
    James D. Kitchens (Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Brett Wolf (Bigmos)
    Zach Dyer (Powerhug, Hydra)
    Ryan Czaplinski (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Tarlac Williams (Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Mantis, Powerhug, Tonbot)
    Brian Dagley (Mantis, Tonbot, Drillnuts, Hydra)
    James Greening (Drillnuts, Mantis)
    Zack Lawrence (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Mantis, Drill Sgt., Tonbot)
    James O'Connor (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Patrick Johnson (Tonbot)
    Jon Bales (Hydra)
    Brenton Eschman (Bigmos, Drill Sgt., Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Gabriel Jean (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Frank Todaro (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Michael Padovani (Drill Sgt., Mantis, Powerhug, Tonbot)
    Steve Henel (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Drill Sgt., Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Rob Queen (Drillnuts, Powerhug, Tonbot)
    Scott D. Harris (Bigmos)
    DymentriX (Drillnuts)
    Chris Jones (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Mantis, Scissorboy, Tonbot, Powerhug)
    Andrew Short (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Scissorboy)
    Matt Carter (Mantis)
    James Owings (Hydra, Mantis, Drill Sgt., Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    William Bates (Bigmos, Drillnuts)
    Danielle S. (Drone)
    Geist Seig (Bigmos, Drill Sgt., Drillnuts, Mantis, Scissorboy)
    Sabina Betschke (Drone, Scrambled Voice)
    Nick Cota (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Powerhug, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Cassa D. Jean (Drone, Scrambled Voice)
    Holly Tipton (Drone)
    Nathaniel Chambers (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Drill Sgt, Hydra, Mantis, Scissorboy, Tonbot)
    Brad Venable (Drill Sgt)
    David Shaw (Bigmos, Hydra, Tonbot)
    Karen Castello (Drone, Scrambled Voice)
    Lawrence Brenner (Bigmos, Drillnuts, Hydra, Mantis, Drill Sgt, Powerhug, Tonbot)

If you're not on this list and you have auditioned, please post a reply or e-mail me and I'll check to see if I've got your auditions.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    pschh not much choice on the female voices there

3. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Wish I could help you... I think a girl could try out for Tonbot and have a fair chance.

4. Megatron_X

Megatron_X Supreme Predacon Warlord

I will try some tomorrow and send them in. Will also reply on the TFcog forums.

5. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

You can reply wherever you like, I'll see it no matter what. No worries!

Good luck!

6. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Deadline changed!

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How do you record your voice for these?

8. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Microphones.

Often your regular computer mic, although some of us have better equipment.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My computer does not have a mic.

10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it should have a microphone port ;)  And you can get a good headset for pretty cheap now, you don't need state of the art.

I just watched BWII #4 and I can't wait for the next episodes :)  you guys do a great job ^_^

And out of pure curiosity, could there be a chance that we (read I) could get a translation of those jap voice samples as it seems that some of them doesn't match up to the line samples.... or maybe they do, I dunno :p  If it's too much truble there's no need to ;) 

11. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

As long as it's a good headset... I've heard some pretty bad ones.

Thanks for the kind words about the most recent episode!

Most of them don't, no. And yeah, I'd have to find everything again.

12. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, no worries :)  I'll just look up some anime subs on youtube instead.
    I'm going to stud japanese this autumn and some of the examples sounded quite funny so I got curios what they where saying :tongue: 

13. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Updated the auditions received list. They're definitely pouring in, but we always want more!

14. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

i could do power hug if i had a mic but i dont it would be fun to do him

15. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I can only save my sound files as .wav how do I make it .mp3?

16. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Remember, just over a week left. If you look at our audition list (which I am very impressed with), still no female voices have auditioned!

17. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

WAVs are fine, although I prefer MP3.

18. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ok thanks, audition sent!

19. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

It looks like it may be hard for me to choose roles... However, there are certainly VAs who stand out from the rest.

Sometimes, however, you are equal to another VA. How would I choose you over somebody else? Well, I look at who followed my directions the best. Not everyone is good at following them. If you look back and you say "waaait, I didn't follow the directions! I should re-send now!" Please don't worry about it... It may annoy me a little bit and now you know for next time, and there will be many next times.

Keep sending in auditions, I want to see new blood in these dubs! Thanks and good luck for those who are waiting till the end, which is approaching fast!

20. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

I'm waiting on one or two people, so if you're planning on auditioning, don't wait any longer!