TFClub Not-Devastator News

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Still love these but slightly bummed about the truck bed not becoming the legs (I knew it was a longshot). Also that head is way off and lacking in character.

These will still be bought as soon as they're available since it's great, but little details here and there are keeping it from perfection.

Here's to hoping some other third party company will come up with replacement heads for these guys.

2. Sepultron

Sepultron .

This has probably been suggested already, but IF by some miracle Hasbro creates a Generations G1 Constructicons set, I'm willing to bet it would be similar to the ROTF Constructicons: Six drone vehicles that merge into Devastator. No individual robot modes. I can't imagine how else they would be able to pull this off, realistically.

Though it most likely is meaningless, it does seem strange that every other character in that particular picture is getting or already has a Generations or RTS toy. It might also explain why the two lines have been relatively Autobot-heavy so far, though maybe that's just the standard anymore. Guess time will tell.

3. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I'm anxious to see how these all turn out, even more anxious to see the pricing for these.

4. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I will get this Devastator, no price will keep me away from it!

I'm also anticipating their Reflector a lot since I don't want my Reflector bots the size of a G1 cassette (the Perfect Effect one). I will get this one if it's scout-sized or bigger.

5. 电影系

电影系 New Member

looking good,can't wait to see the final figures

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    man... I can't wait to paint these guys up!!!

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree! This is the perfect example of a non-character getting built up for being in a certain season of the original show...nothing against Reflector fans. ;) 

I'm almost resigned to buying a vintage Apeface, though I rarely buy vintage. Still, I hope he catches the notice of some designers...he's got a couple of really awesome moments under his belt, an interesting combination of modes (like if King Kong could turn into a jet and fly down your throat) and a refreshingly "does not give a frak" personality.

8. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I just don't know what more to say about the not-Constructicons figs these guys are doing other than....

Here is my money!! Take it!! TAKE IT NOW!!

That's all I got. And pretty much all I'll be able to say through the remainder of the news announcements surrounding these figs.

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFClub is making a Reflector too? Damn, what an awesome year to be a Reflector fan! We are finally being shown some love! :) 

10. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    when will the first figure be released btw? the not-constructicons and the not-reflectors?

11. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been confirmed the first not-constructicon will be out in May :) 

About the not-reflector it's still unknown :) 

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Dude, seriously. How do you do it? Always bringing us news.

So May huh. Let the spending begin.

13. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Hope we get some pics of NL's dump truck mode and combined with the other two prototypes sometime this week.

15. Dread_Wing

Dread_Wing Decepticon

I honestly don't think Hasbro would devote the effort to engineering a new combiner, not after the mess that was RoTF Devastator. We have not had any hints towards what G1 reissues we would see this year, maybe there will be a G1 constructicon set?

16. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

^My thoughts exactly! Maybe the arrival instore of my TF United order and/or the resultant dip im my bacnk balance will help keep me patient on these guys though haha.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there any reason why Hasbro won't pay these guys for the legwork? I mean, I thought Hasbro wasn’t interested in investing money/time into starting from scratch, but why not pay these guys for all there hard work and time and just release the finished product themselves or at the very least treat them like subcontracts? Wouldn’t it be a win-win situation? These 3rd party companies obviously love doing what they’re doing getting the recognition they want (and is also well deserved), but I fail to see how they and Hasbro could both profit from such a venture. Hasbro would save money and time typically spent on R&D, and the artist would get noticed (assuming they aren’t already in the industry) for their amazing craftsmanship, and quite possible a more permanent job and a nice piece of change for their leg work…or would such a venture be more disadvantageous?

18. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I extremely disagree.

If they're going to be $75+ a piece, the only way someone like me can get them, is one at a time.

It is probably one of the greatest things any company has ever done. The complete opposite of a "dick move".

19. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    may, huh? whew... that'll give me some time to fill my wallet. i hope Not-reflector won't be released around that time. i can't take simultaneous attacks like that LOL :cry 

20. Goretex

Goretex 2010

[​IMG]