TFCC + Transtech = Next Year's storyline

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dreweido, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    oh yeah, elita 1 is apparently not gonna happen at all...if she ever does itll be part of a larger box set, not just her by herself...

2. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks. I wish that the Club/Botcon folk would quit developing characters for their comics if they're not gonna be made. Elita 1 is only the latest example of this trend that also includes the Pre BW Scorponok, Terrorsaur, Tarantulas, and the Universe Wreckers Rotorstorm, Alphalion, TM Fractel, and Devcon. (The last one I really wanted to see made.)

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm of a similar opinion. I never wanted to see Elita-1 in the first place, so I'm biased. But I especially didn't care to see so many pages of the BotCon comic devoted to her (more than ANY of the characters they actually did toys for, with the possible exception of Bug Bite). All that space could have been devoted to developing the characters that got toys!

EDIT: By the way, general understanding is that TM Fractyl WAS made. He was just called Wal-Mart exclusive Transmetal Rattrap.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You mean TM Packrat, right?

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Let's not forget the BW Predacons lead by Razorclaw (Leobreaker remold) seen at the end of 06's Botcon comic. Probably one of the figures that a lot of people called out for a figure of, but he's yet to see the light of day. Shame really, instead of creating such cool original or upgraded characters and than shafting them... the Botcon staff should probably spend more of their time focusing on the characters whom have actually received toys.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i totally forgot about that razorclaw...maybe he's still coming out....but yeah, it kinda bums me out that other characters not made into toys got so much screen time in the comic....maybe that'll change....though if they transtech characters appear in the comic, we probably wont be getting those toys at all...so who knows....

7. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    D'oh! Sorry. My bad. Carry on, then! ;) 

8. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In addressing this issue, you could also look at the presentation of the material.

At BotCon '06 we got a glympse of what the story for the Cybertron series could have been. I can't say that what was originally dreamed up would have been better or worse than what we did get.

Yes, it's possible that the story to go along with Transtech wasn't that good. But we don't know if the decision was made to scrap it before trying to better the backstory.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

to be frank i havent really been a fan of the stuff Forest has writtin for you guys [thus the "fan fiction" comment. I mean its cool and all for fan wankery but all that ive read has fallen pretty short of "cool, new, and original." Not to say he doesnt have the skills, i just havent read anything of his yet that makes me excited to hear he's on the project :p 

No offense intended of course. Just hasnt caught my attention yet

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I always figured it had something to do with how poorly received Beast Machines was. Hasbro probably felt that even if they went back to the original formula, that fans that were turned off by the last storyline wouldn't take to a continuation.

Plus, if they had gone with Transtech (and possibly beyond), you run into what I like to call "Farscape syndrome". You have an amazing, deep storyline, but unless you started watching from the beginning, you wouldn't have a clue what the hell was going on. It was easier to just bring in the multiverse continuity and start from scratch with RID.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh, I'll agree with that. I'm just saying that Transtech seems to have this huge cult following and we really know very little about it. Kind of like people have latched onto it based on the designs alone and the fact that it was never produced gives it all the more cult statis. It could be great or it could be terrible. We'll see.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Personally, I've been fond of the Transtech premise for a couple reasons outside of the just the designs: the fact that it would have "stayed the course" by being a continuation of the G1/BW/BM continuity instead of just starting up another new one; not to mention the character possibilities you would have by dropping the G1 guys in with the Beast-era 'bots and seeing how they would react to each other and what's happened to Cybertron - I can't imagine that the Decepticons would have been particularly happy to see a part-organic Cybertron.

13. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wanted Elita-1. I Let my club membership expire and I am so happy I did. I would have rejoined for Elita-1 but I will not for sure now.

14. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You make it sound like it will never happen. Ever. Never.

Not that I'm saying it's going to happen but it's not out of the possibility. It's as if this was her only shot to be made. I would definitely say she has a chance to get made down the line but that's just my perspective.

15. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    I doubt it. FP made Alpha Trion for this past year's convention without a direct connection to the convention storyline because they felt it was such a strong figure and therefore needed to be produced. The opposite must have been true in Elita-1's case or else she would have been made.

16. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's because Alpha Trion is a man and Elita-1 is just a girl. FP is run by sexist pigs! Where are those feminists who rabbled against that Mary Jane Doing Laundrey statue when you need 'em? :) 

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Y'know, now that I've thought about this a bit...they wouldn't necessarily need to re-acquire the few Transtech protos they had to produce a Transtech-based line. They could just pull up some of the molds from A/E/C that were inspired by Transtech designs, redeco them and remold the heads, as is consistent with the Club's general method of producing figures. True, they wouldn't be all THAT accurate to the character designs, but then neither were G1 or the Movie toys.

18. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    if the molds already exist then (i've heard that 2 do and possibly a 3rd) then it is very possible for fp to use them

19. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I can't disprove the rumor, but my understanding is that NO molds were created. Only prototype models, preliminary to creating molds just to show that the designs worked. If true, there's nothing for FP to use.

20. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    that's true if they were just models then..yes there is nothing for fp to use...but i'm still quite curious to why they chose transtech...i'm pretty sure they know that it has quite a large following and ppl will have high expectations for it