TFCC Subscription Service closed 10 September 2012. Now for the waiting game...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by arbrias, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You clearly do not understand the power that is RID Scourge. I suspect there are people out there who are willing to pay the full price of this 6-action-figure deal JUST to get that Scourge.

2. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I hear that; best bet in that case is to get a groupbuy going of some kind. Spread the shipping costs across multiple people. The way TCC's shipping tends to work, it starts at a large initial cost and only goes up a couple of bucks for every figure added, so large groupbuys mean less shipping paid per person.

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    It could be 6 figures at less than retail and the tfcc haters would still find something to complain about.

4. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want Circuit, Jackpot and Slipstream.

Other three will be sold

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tough decision for me here.

I'm already a member...magazines plus Depth Charge is worth it to me.

They were very smart to keep the price under $300 for the whole package, and under $100 for the installments. Much more tempting. The installment plan is only $6 more than the regular plan. So I can't dismiss this because I don't have $300 now, and I can't dismiss it because "the installment plan is a rip-off."

The figures are also a tough mix. I really want two, kind of want two more, don't want one, really don't want the last one. Without knowing what market forces will be like, it's hard to convince myself that the two I want will be easy to find (especially because, of course, I will not be the only one who's primarily interested in Scourge and Slipstream).

This is like a sweet spot of "tough call." I don't have the money to throw around casually, and there's also a big part of me saying "If you have $300 to spend anyway, that's most of a Maketoys Giant."

Uh...anyone want to buy shit from me? :p 

EDIT: Hey, would any of the rest of you be into a TFCC Horse-trading thread in the Junkion Exchange?

6. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what if your membership runs out during the sub/installment payment months?

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big pic of Scourge is up on Twitter: here.

People here. Yes. People all over the world? Probably not... Despite the strangely HUGE fanbase RID has on TFW, I don't really see it as much elsewhere...

8. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

So instead of my membership getting me a free figure and an option to buy the yearly figure at a discount... now i get the yearly figure and an option to go for $300 subscription service?

Is there no way to buy the figures individually anymore directly from TFCC? Could I have someone else purchase one for me. If Maketoys released a Battle Tanker in scourge colors... I might have to get on that.

9. General Tekno

News Credits:
    You only need the membership when you actually order the toy. If it runs out in the meantime, it runs out in the meantime.

This works out for me though as I'll need to renew anyway in September to get Depth Charge next year.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm jazzed about this. I think it will give us even more figures that we wouldn't normally get, even in a BotCon set. Maybe down the road, if things go smooth, they'll let us vote on one or two that we might want. *cough*ifwe'realreadygettingoneUltrathenMachineWarsOptimusasRodimus*cough*

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Clearly you don't know that tooling, which is already done, is the most expensive part of making toys.

The price, with shipping included, is steeper than I'm willing to pay for a set of repaints that I have little to no interest in. I can't say I'm particularly pleased that the collectible toy market is slowly moving to gimmicky subscription models either. At least TFCC's shown concepts in lieu of Mattel's strategy of post payment surprises. Don't confuse that with putting TFCC down or hating everything.

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm only interested in Slipstream so if anyone in here picking up the whole set doesn't want her just shoot me a PM I'll take her off your hands.:D 

13. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Except that they're using Hasbro's factories for this. Which might affect the prices as they're making relatively small orders.

Never mind that they have to pay licensing fees to use the molds, which is a more continuous cost than one-time tooling.

14. Dinobot Swoop

Dinobot Swoop TFW2005 Supporter

Huh. 300$US for Slipstream and 5 figures I don't want/care about, or a supposedly microscopic possibility of getting just her for probably around 80$ a pop?

Yeah, pass.

Hopefully, if they can have these made to order and still be able to make a profit from it (hey, business and all that), they'll have a couple (dozens) made extra of Slipstream and Scourge, which will probably be the two more popular figures anyway. ;) 

*Waits patiently for someone to make a poll about this and be proven right or wrong*

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  15. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

If they equal out to $50 a figure how much can we expect BBTS to add on when reselling one? I am sure for Slipstream, Scourge and Mammoth they will charge higher since these seem to be the sought after ones along with Breakdown...

Guh! I just want Slipstream! I'm not wasting my time with the rest I need to same money for FP's not - Stunticons...

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I might be tempted to buy a single Scourge from the club if they didn't force you to become a member in order to get one. They advertise member and non-member prices, but there really isn't such a thing when you can't NOT be a member to buy.

Now seems like a great time for them to throw that crap out the window. I know they never will, but still - it would be something.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  17. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    BBTS usually charge x2 for an exclusive. With the Joe club, they actually charged more for the popular characters and less for the ones nobody wanted.

I think it worked out to be $25 per figure or something at the Joe club, so at BBTS the figures nobody wants are $25 or so while the most popular ones are $50 (and later raised to $60 and still sold out.)

So Circuit will probably be very close to $50, Slipstream would probably be $100 along with Scourge. They'll probably make Slipstream, Scourge and Breakdown $100 or so to break even on the sub because Circuit, Jackpot and Ultra Mammoth aren't guaranteed buys like those three.

18. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Actually what really surprises me is all of the expensive subscriptions being pushed in this economy. I can't imagine why nobody thought of doing this when times were better.

19. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I'll be buying the subscription, but I dont want Ultra Mammoth, anyone want it?

20. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Prepaid cards work? Visa Debit I assume?