TFCC Sideburn

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Mar 14, 2011.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I don't really need a membership to the club, but want this guy. Are there any clubbers who don't want him who might be able to hook me up for NOT ebay prices?

2. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Just check out the Junkion/Items for Sale section upon release. You'll be sure to see a couple of those turning up there! :lol 

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It'll be cheaper and easier to just join the club and get the figure. If you wait you'll end up paying $65 (ish) through the club or about $40 shipped buying it from the boards. If you join you'll get the magazine and you'll be able to get members pricing on the Trans tech Cheetor and G2 Ramjet (assuming either of those interests you).

... you have 1 day to decide!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  4. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    just join the club. you'll end up paying way more than 40 dollars.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^

agreed, join!

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    You boys are lucky to walk away with a membership for USD $40.

For those of us located right at the other end of the globe, joining up as a member is a costly move. :cry 

7. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    My membership expires on 4/4/11, after the March 16 deadline but before TCC sends out the toys. I hope this wil not cause any complications for the delivery of my Sideburn.

Yeah, I don't wish to renew membership because international joining fees kills. Would not have joined if not for Punch-Counterpunch.

Haha... what Automorpher said....

8. G1Prowl

I don't need the magazine, and I have no intention on going to Botcon this year with all that I've got going on, not to mention the fact that I'll be moving soon, and will have the grief of dealing with change of address with everything involved. Good reasoning with the G2 Ramjet, but I can get that second market if I play my cards right, and I sure as hell don't want that Cheetor. Maybe if there was another Classiverse type exclusive.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It should be fine.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could just give the magazines away if you don't want them (local library, goodwill, whatever) and consider the money you plunk down for membership for the figure only. Some people sign up, or new membership, for the free figure only if they really like it. The magazine's just an added bonus, and one they can get rid of if they don't care for it.

Otherwise, wait and see if you can snag a good deal via Junkion.

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    As others have said, it is probably easier to just join the club, figure that the figure costs atleast $25 (based on the cost of Dion through the club), then someone is gonna have to ship it to you for $5ish. That $25 will be atleast the going rate on the Junkion, and is more than fair.

Now if you have a (non-local) member order you one, it is going to end up costing around $40 when you figure in shipping from the club to them, and then to you. For me it would be too much of a hastle to save 5-10 bucks. Not like a member is gonna sell this thing for $10 on the secondary market.

Edit: Or just find a local who is a club member and have them order you an extra one. That is what I did with P/CP and Cyclonus last year, then ended up joining the club myself later anyway. The magazine isn't great (IMO), but if I had ordered Grapple and Windcharger, the membership would have been well worth it.

12. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you're hoping someone who paid for thier membership will be willing to take a loss and give you the figure for below the $40 membership cost?

Really??

Just join the club. It has other perks as well.

13. G1Prowl

I meant at cost. I didn't say at a loss. Not once did I say that. That being said, yeah, I think I'll try to squeeze a membership before the deadline.

14. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the figure is listed at $25 for members on the TCC store for members, TCC will charge at least $11 to ship, so the total price would be at least $36. Sellers who do not want to lose money would keep this in mind. The lowest price you can get it would be form someone who is a member and does not care as much about the toy. There is a possibility that this toy may be listed for higher.

15. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Its worth it to just join the club. A few nice exclusives coming this year that will be marginally cheaper if you're a member.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL, my membership expires on the same day I just want a shot to order my Botcon sets before it expires.