TFCC Seacons or G1 Seacons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

So, just came across the blurb on the main page that TFCC Seacons have shipped. I was thinking of picking up a set myself, although I'm not huge on the colors. I suppose they'd grow on me at some point. I've also seen auctions for G1 Seacons on eBay, but this is a venture that could prove to be more expensive. And come to think of it, Takara could one day reissue these guys in their original colors. I realize it's all about owning the "Original" versus an "Exclusive". Still, which set do you recommend and what's the likelihood of a reissue giftset from Takara in the future?

p.s. I know God Neptune only features 5 of the 6, but what's he like? Is the quality better, worse?

2. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the TFCC scheme is alot less garish than the G1 scheme, and I'm a G1 whore...

3. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Never owning other two, but from the different pics I've seen, the TFCC version looks the best colorwise to me. I did order one myself and thinking of getting some reprolabels for them for a more G1 feel.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I can't say God Neptune's quality is any worse, but besides missing Nautilator God Neptune also lacks the gun stands and the individual guns for the 5 figures. All that's included is the 5 figures, the shell/chest plate, the feet, hands, and sword.

I would think there is a decent chance of a Takara reissue... but maybe not... encore's seemed to slow down... but maybe it's just the time of year of no new news for them?

Getting a G1 set on ebay is going to cost you more and there's the risk of them being in poor condition. The club version is going to be mint and in a very nice box for a lower price.

There is the 'original' vs. 'exclusive' issue, but beyond that, I don't see how the colors of either of those 2 is better or worse. The original is very pastel/easter-y and probably has just had more time to grow on people. The club version has some bright colors, but really is mostly rather dark colors(black, purple, a dark 'teal') with a few yellow and orange pieces for contrast.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Well, it's cheaper than buying a G1 MISB, and probably still cheaper than buying it in smaller pieces in an effort to complete. Also, it'll be nice and clean instead of having gunk and horribly applied stickers.

*Ordered*

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Piranacon ROCKS. the only combiner I hade complete as a kid. I really love these guys and the G1 version rocks. It is just expensiv and comes with so many parts.

I woulg have gotten God Neptu to but since he doesent come with anything I skiped it.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Good call...

What happened to the Transformers thread over at SRK? Like over a week with little or no posting...

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I really don't know. Usually, it's just you and I that are frequently updating.

9. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have my original giftset Piranacon and a God Neptune and both feel the same quality wise. I actually like the colors more on Neptune but Piranacon looks more like the sea king he's supposed to be.

Mid-month I'm planning on getting the exclusive Seacons, so if nobody has done it by then, I can probably take pics comparing all three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.