TFCC Online Club Store Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Waverider, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I received an email this afternoon about the update on both Transformers and GI Joe Collectors' Club.

I guess FP is starting things slowly on the release of sets one at a time.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    The fact that it has taken this long and they still have not successfully updated their store shows a complete lack of professionalism on their part. At this point I'm not disappointed in the club, I'm disgusted by it.

3. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're not migrating to a new server at all and are just staying on the same one, but hoping that by releasing things in pieces instead of all at once, no one will notice and they won't get hammered.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh FunPub, you never cease to amaze do you?

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Not necessarily lack of professionalism, but rather lack of e-commerce knowledge

6. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    The only problem I have with this is they don't combine shipping. If they are going to roll-out stock one at a time, are they going to hit you with shipping on each item you order?

So for example, they put posters up one day and you place an order...that's one transaction. The next day though, let's say Runamuck goes up and you don't want to miss out...that's another seperate tranaction with shipping. Now on the 3rd day, let's say they have a limited amount of the leftover convention sets and their going fast...so you place a 3rd order, again getting charged shipping.

Is Funpub going to combine shipping for multiple purchases during this slow roll-out period or are we going to get the shaft on multiple shipping charges due to their mistakes?

7. Composite Ghost

News Credits:
    Either way, I'm still disgusted.

8. Composite Ghost

News Credits:
    I'm betting on the shaft.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm happy.

This means signing up for the subscription service will be a next month thing, and not a this month/clashing with my attempts to pay for SDCC Bruticus thing

10. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shaft.

Plus, they are high shipping costs, so that's an extra bonus.

11. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Is this in reference to the new figure subscription service? I'm not a member but I'm ready to sign up when that's about to happen. I want almost all of the exclusives that they solicited.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    THIS.

13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, this is just in general. It will also further delay the Figure Subscription Service. We've been waiting for the FSS to go live now since November, on the Joe side of the house.

14. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    Tfcc is crazy. I wanted 3 or 4 items and some are in high demand which means I have to pay 40 or 50 dollars extra because of their incompetence.

15. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    I just sent this e-mail:

Karen,*
    I appreciate your quick response. However, I'm am very disappointed with TFCC. My credit card info has been compromised via your website. Also, your decision to only sell on item per day (per the recent mass e-mail) means that for someone like me who wants purchase 4 or 5 items, I must pay shipping 5 times resulting in a additional $50+. Please reconsider this course of action or come up with a better solution (e.g. Big bad toys stores pile of loot method).

thank you,*
    Fred*

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Realistically, I didnt think they would be able to pull off the subscription service this year at all when they announce that it might be available in June at botcon

17. Quicky

Ebay:
    If the club really and I mean REALLY wants to do the right thing, is offer combined shipping. If they really intend on putting up items one at a time, I can only hope they don't mean to charge us on shipping for every single transaction they're forcing us to do.

Really does speak volumes when Brian doesn't even mention it in the e-mail that went out and as far as I know, the club has never offered combined shipping on seperate transactions. So what does the club expect us to do? You want that Runamuck...bam shipping charge. Oh today you want the leftover exclusives...more shipping charges. If your going to order again tomorrow...guess what, more shipping charges.

Unless someone from the club...like Pete will kindly explain how this will work, buying basically in small increments without getting raped on shipping. Because if you were looking to buy Runamuck, the at-con sets, maybe a poster or comic or shirt or hat or everything...are we going to be charged shipping for each forced transaction or are they going to finally work in combined shipping?

...I really would love to know.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More epic failure from the TFCC, wonderful. Kind of funny that, during the time FunPub has been trying (and failing) to move everything over to a new site, the other FP (FansProject) has managed to set up a much better-looking website, offer free membership, take pre-orders for a new exclusive without a hitch, offer members a discount on said exclusive...and accept PayPal.

[​IMG]

19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Yeah, I don't understand why it's taking so long either. Are they waiting for hard drives to go on sale before they build the physical server? I presume they're going with a COTS software package to run it but, for crying out loud, I programmed my own in a fraction of the time it's taking them to install one.

20. Quicky

Ebay:
    Lol...:p 

Is Fansproject selling direct now? I haven't been paying attention lately to 3rd party.