TFCC Landquake

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Andersonh1, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Mine arrived in the mail today. I've collected a few of the Energon Combiners, but this is my first version of this particular mold. My review will be general thoughts on the mold as well as the color.

- The first thing that jumped out at me were the fists, clearly visible on the rear turret. Not too impressive. Subtract a few points for that, but then add points for the molded Decepticon symbol, which is nicely painted.

- I like the clear red that forms the base of the tank. The treads are black, and the turret is primarily off-white/very light grey with what I'd describe as some periwinkle interior. The front of the guns are painted black, and there are some silver details on the base of the tank. As I type the late afternoon sun is coming through my window and making the translucent plastic glow very nicely.

- I don't care for the plastic division. You have a clear plastic base with a lump of non-clear on top of it. It's not well integrated in vehicle mode.

- transformation is fairly simple. It's a bit different than other tanks, with the treads not used for limbs, but simply swinging back to form 'wings'. The clear division between translucent and opaque is gone with robot mode, with the clear plastic spread nicely throughout the figure. The color balance was clearly designed around robot mode and looks good.

-The light-piped eyes look good as always.

- Robot mode is certainly distinctive. Tank tread wings, rotating forearm guns, bulky chest with upside-down spark crystal, and quite a bit of articulation.

- This fellow has some big feet! He's ready to go skiing, but on the other hand the big feet do provide some stability for poses.

It's an interesting figure, to be sure. I'm not terribly impressed with the mold itself, though it's not bad. A little ungainly, but functional. The TFCC color choices work fairly well though, and it's always nice to have a figure that's not widely available.

I wish I had Kickback or the other tank to compare him too, color-wise. He's a good figure. I love the A-10 mold used for last year's exclusive (I have both Energon versions of that mold) so I'm tempted to go back and buy that figure as well.

B+ I think. Not deserving of an A, but a good solid figure that has to function as an individual and as part of a combiner, which has to be an engineering challengee.

2. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Here are a few quick shots. Nothing fancy.

Tank:
    [​IMG]

Robot:
    [​IMG]

3. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I like him too. My minor complaint is that the collector lenticular card doesn't have motion transformation like last year's Skyfall.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like him too, but his treads seem to fall off far easier than the previous two editions of the mold. Still, a great small mold. I'm looking forwad to what TFCC sends out next year. If it's a constructicon, I hope it's sledge. I also wouldn't mind one of the Bruticus copters, but I'm sure we'll end up with another of the Aerialbots at some point.

-Tony!