TFCC has Windcharger pre-orders

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by It Is Him, Apr 21, 2011.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Eh, I think its bull too. I already bought all the other scouts
    when they were released, so Hasbro already got my money there. I shouldn't have to buy them all again for the sake of one figure.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

yeeeeeeeep! nice try for tfcc though. nice try.

3. seali_me

even the kids don't like those. i give my nephews and nieces deluxe toys and HA BBs.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Huh? All three are decent to excellent sculpts. Though I prefer Sunspot and Firetrap in their original Skystalker and Scattorshot decos, which I have.

5. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, you are incorrect. We ordered in these cases with the sole intent of selling them as case packs. We could either offer it this way or not at all. We want people to get Windcharger, but we can't run the risk of having hundreds of left over scouts.

Everything on those two Pre-orders are from the same order...

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Those are pre-orders they had available months ago. They had Windcharger available in such a pairing, but guess what? He sold out! Even selling Windcharger in a pair means the 2 Windchargers and 2 scouts he's paired with sell out while the other 8 take up space in the warehouse and don't sell.

How would you run a store where were options are either:

A.) Do not provide Windcharger to your Customers.
    or
    B.) To provide 2 Windchargers you must also order those other 10 additional scout figures.

What is the non-jerk thing to do and stay in business?

And what do you donate to Toys for Tots?

BBTS was selling cases. TFCC is selling half-cases.

7. LadyStarscream

Again, as a consumer, how is handling Hasbro's poor production choices, short packs and their inability to reasonably meet supply and demand issues my problem to fix? It's not my business to run, it's not my warehouse. Hasbro has a hell of a lot more money than I do, so I don't feel it's my duty to help them clear out warehouse space with my hard earned cash, when they should have handled the whole issue differently in the first place.

Edit: and with that rant my 1000th post! Whooo! ;) 

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is Hasbro's case assortment. Not TFCC. Not BBTS.

1 Case = 12 scouts
    2x Windcharger
    2x Chopsaw
    2x Breacher
    2x Backfire
    2x Sunspot
    1x Insecticon
    1x Firetrap

As to this being Hasbro's "fault", this is an end of the line case so the new figures get screwed happened all the time. If this case was not the end-of-line then everybody would have their windcharger and be sitting around bitching abour rumble. As it is, since rumble hasn't been retailed yet it can still make it into another line.

You can't expect TFCC or BBTS to run the same way that a Walmart or Target does. Walmart and Target sell on quantity over quality and impulse buys and can afford to take hits on shelfwarmers. For TFCC and BBTS there is no impulse as the people coming to the sites are looking for something specific so they have to bundle to avoid taking a loss. TRU is a between the two, a brick and mortar but specific.

As a consumer, it's not your job to run the business but you affect how companies do so by your buying decisions. Buy or not buy. Bitching and whining are also signals but a lot less effective.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Oh, also:

It's the same line. "Hunt for the Decepticons" and "Reveal the Shield" are subline imprints.

10. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:

Yes, Hasbro packing the case differently could have made a difference.

But this talk about "jerks" and "fuck them" is being directed at TFCC, which can only play the hand they are dealt, and that is case assortments Hasbro has already made.

Right, it's not your duty to help clear warehouse space or anything, but if one is critizing how someone else is doing something, then it should be understood what the situation is and an alternative way be offered. If not, it's all just hollow, selfish, sour grapes.

And yes, again, not your duty to help solve the problem... but this is a capitalist economy... you are also not somehow inately entitled to a Wincharger for $8 and nothing more. People do not "earn" or "deserve" a Windcharger for $8 by being a big fan or a good person. People get a Windcharger by using one of the few buying options available to him.

Hasbro is running their business just fine. They are tremendously profitable. They do not have a problem to fix. The Consumer has the problem to fix of getting a Windcharger. That is your problem to fix. How you going to do that? Sour Grapes posts won't do it.

11. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My only complaint, is they should have swapped out the Breacher for Insecticon, between the two sets as both these figures have been in just about every wave.

12. LadyStarscream

And yet according to Hasbro, Windcharger is an 8.00 Scout. Shame on me for thinking that a current figure should be available at it's advertised price point.

Yes, Hasbro is being smart because fanboys are stupid enough to pay any price for anything they ask. That goes for most things with inflated price tags in fandom which is one part of this hobby that I can not stand. No sour grapes here, I ordered my Windcharger from someone in the UK weeks ago. I wouldn't be ordering him from HTS, TFCC or anywhere else if he was available individually or otherwise. But I don't get how any of you can defend what happens here, unless you all have endless money to burn.

13. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    And at normal retail outlets and even HTS, Windcharger is sold for $8. There is unfortunately a low supply of them, largely due to those retail stores not ordering much if any.

If you think supply and demand do not affect costs of items from specialty shops and on the secondary market, then yes, shame on you indeed.

What's happening here? TFCC is selling 6 scouts for $48. Hmm... that's $8 per scout the "advertised price". How can I defend them for it? How can you fault them for it? Just playing the hand that's dealt. Again, if you were running a store and had to sell 12 scouts for $96 and only 2 of them were Windcharger what is the "correct" way to do it if this is such a horrible, incorrect way?

-Simply do not sell any
    -Sell a set of 12 for $96
    -Sell a set of 6 for $48
    -Sell each Windcharger for $43 each and the other 10 for $1 each

If what the TFCC store is doing is so wrong, please enlighten us on a better way to do it.

14. seali_me

compared to a 10$ cad aisle warmer HA BB which one would you get? lol

15. seali_me

the last time i did xmas, universe 2.0 cyclonus. hungry kids can't eat toys why not donate food? food drive is always better during xmas or anytime of the year for that matter. coming from a third world country, trust me on this. i'd rather give my extra toys to my nephews and nieces. your arguement about thinking about kids is pretty lame. honestly.

who would buy these toys for an exhorbitant amount then donate most of them? shipping fees are pretty high right now. if you want to donate go to WM remove the peg warmers. its cheaper that way, less peg warmers plus you're helping kids.

16. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    If anything, props should go to the Club Store for finally being what we all think it should be: A place where one can buy general released Transformers that we want. :rock 

Granted domestic shipping is still expensive ...
    :peoples: 

17. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

When I said no, I meant it.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    The club price is retail price. The only extra is shipping. If you're not in the US, yes, does not apply to you. Obviously I am talking about in the US. Honestly why do you not figure that's what I mean?

So why would someone in the US do this instead of buying pegwarmers? Because it helps themselves and helps kids.

19. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

With money tight as it is now, why would someone buy a bunch a figures they don't need to get one they want and then give them away? They wouldn't. If someone has the dough to do it fine but the only toys I'm buying for kids would be my own.

20. seali_me

okay i'm convinced now. i'm buying some. thanks.