TFCC has Botcon 09 items in stock

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pete Sync, Jun 1, 2009.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    You can pretty safely assume the club price (not including shipping) will be the same as the convention price. The only exception to date was when they packaged the Vector Sigma accessory with the Alpha Trion/Weirdwolf packs. I don't foresee anything like that happening this year.

On the other hand, shipping for the club is often hard to predict.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I hate speculation about the past, so lets look back in time shall we:

This thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/143027-botcon-2007-exlcusives-club-store.html

Points us to this page on the club store:
    Transformers Club Online Catalog

Which shows the Alpha Trion Weird Wolf two pack with Vector sigma listed for $149.99 ($174.9 for non club members).

At Botcon 2007 the Alpha Trion set was $89 and the Vector Sigma set was $16 or a total of $105. Which means the club store marked up the price $44.99 over the original price. Why because it was fetching a lot more on ebay and the club store (rightfully so in my opinion) decided to cash in on it. Plus it was a nice way of rewarding those who actually went to the convention.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, BBTS' price was $129.99 plus shipping. The Club price (as GB pointed out) should be the price it was at the convention ($75) plus shipping. So, it'll probably be cheaper even with the shipping unless you happen to live outside of the US... then you're going to get gouged...

4. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's the problem - I'm in the UK and the club shipping to here is a rip-off. I could actually be cheaper to get the set from BBTS once the shipping to taken into account.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I noticed on Saturday that they took the sign down so I asked one of the guys behind the table about it. They said they sold all the 2005 sets that they brought with them.

But there's more in the warehouse back in Texas. :eek: 
    It's the set that won't go away. :lol 

6. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Yeah, someone mentioned this in another forum where I asked the same question. I wonder if FP is now kicking themselves for not bringing more, since you just know they'd love to get rid of those....

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

All they got to do is throw them up on the Club Store at a discounted price. That'll get rid of them.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    maybe just maybe ill buy a set depending on the price set to see if it worth it for the product

9. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I assume you've seen the complaints that what FP has already done "devalues" the 2005 sets (I disagree). What would they say if FP actually did reduce the prices as you suggest? (and, based on stuff like that BotCon sale, they'd have to reduce the prices fairly significantly)

10. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dope. I saw the special they had on Friday night and wish I had bought some myself to get the Leozacks. Leozacks goes for 100 bucks so the set would have been about 50 bucks. Not a bad deal I guess, but only thing interesting in the set is Ironhide and Chromia. Maybe next year....

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's what I thought until I picked up a bagged Deszaras. That dude is REALLY well done and looks so nice with Leozack. I'll have to pull out my Robotmasters Victory Saber so I can get a shelf face-off going.

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'll answer that with another question. At this point in time, would anybody that bought the 2005 set(and actually still has it :p  ) actually give a damn if FP clearanced them to get rid of their remaining stock? We're talking about the 2005 set here. The set widely regarded as FP's worst one to date.

I don't think many would myself. Sure, one or two people might make a stink about it, but they'd get over it.

13. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    At this point in time, no problems with them discounting the set just to move them. Mostly because it should free up warehouse space and but more money into their hands to produce more cool stuff for us. I wonder what their cost is for that box set - $150? $200? more? less? Probably cost more to store them and haul them back and forth from each Botcon.

14. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed... I have the set and it is great, but they should just get rid of them already. Maybe keep 50 for future collectors, but everything else should go up on ebay. Start it at $1. Put up one boxset a week and hope you make back some money... or do a great BIN like $100 for the set. They would go quickly...

15. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Myself? No, not really. But given that there's already been a comment complaining about the fact that FP did this, the answer is a clear "yes, some people would."

This is the Transformers fandom. People don't tend to get over grudges easily, here....

16. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I wouldn't raise a stink, don't care about the resale value, but why clearance them? Just continue with a similar Leozak deal. The notion of "kicking themselves" over not bringing enough to BC'09 seems flawed to me... if they had brought more to sell with 2 Leozaks, then they would have had to also have extra Leozaks. If they don't, they couldn't have sold more. If they do... well then they could put that same offer up on the club store. If they don't have more Leozaks, they'll have the opportunity to offer a similar deal with next year's freebie. And yes, it wouldn't hurt much to keep 50 or so around in their back-pocket for circumstances like last year when the sold out of the boxed set but still had people buying the Primus package.

17. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
  18. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh, I thought they had sold out of Banzaitron and Skyquake.

19. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    So much for my belief that they'd tell folks when to expect them...

Sorry to anyone who depended on me knowing what I'm talking about.

(Which means I probably have nothing to apologize for, but even so...)

20. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought the bundle. The single razorclaw price is great and the bundle seems a bit overpriced, but since it is convenient and it comes with the lithograph, convention comic... etc I guess it is worth it. I think 180 would have been a better price. I'm glad I caught it!