TFCC Fall Membership Sale $5 back issues of magazine, exclusives marked down

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blue death, Oct 22, 2010.

1. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just got this email:

2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well dang, I'll FINALLY cave in and get Astrotrain :p 

3. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

Cool, this would be a good time to sign up since I'm interested in Airazor.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Tempting to snag all the back issues.... hrm.

5. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. im missing something like 3 or 4 issues in the middle of the run around the early 20's and i need those but ill haev to wait til i go home an check my collection before i can order them unfortunately. and Airrazor and Astrotrain are soooooooo tempting, Astrotrain especially. Heck for 45 bucks you can build 3/5 of a Nexus Prime. I sold my complete one a while back for $180 so for a fraction of that price i could even put together another one. lol

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda want to grab the issues that have the comic when Breakaway was introduced and it was set in the classicsverse. Only part of the story I missed.

I'd rather buy a trade of all comics for 30 then buy six issues where the total of comic pages add up to the standard comic book. Not sure

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, a good opportunity for me to finally get issue #23 of the Club newsletter, which is the only one they screwed up and didn't send me. Kind of annoyed that I'm going to have to pay $5 plus shipping for it, though, since I was supposed to have gotten it for free. Will also get issue #32, since I ended up missing that one through my own fault. Does anyone know the zip code of where the Club normally ships from? The ~$3 they're quoting for shipping seems a little high for sending 2 issues of the magazine (~3 oz) USPS First Class Domestic Mail.

Also, I could swear they've had a couple of sales in recent memory where they were selling Astrotrain and Airazor together for only ~$65. If that's the case, this isn't a very good deal on those figures.

8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    One expects bundled deals to be better than separate ones. To get two figures separately for only $9 more (keeping in mind that was also a limited time thing) doesn't seem so bad at all.

Bundling works better for all sorts of stuff. Indeed, isn't that the whole MO behind BotCon boxed sets?

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    too bad this sale will be over come January which is the earliest I can afford to join ,I think, might just be able to do so in December.

10. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Also, we have a very cool Promo pack for the G.I. Joe Club. You can purchase a sample of what the GIJCC has to offer AND get a Casey Coller Side Burn print to boot!

Side Burn Art AND Cobra Commander!

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damnit...lol they got me.
    Just joined for the first time.

Now to start buying some back stock....

12. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Glad to have you!

Hope you enjoy the content. Issues 31-35 will get you caught up on the current story line which will be continued next year.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i'd much rather have a trade... i've got the first 12 issues in trade and would love to be able to keep buying the rest in that format... even the current stories would be so nice to go back an reread in one book... any ETA on more trades Pete?

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Well I purchased the 3/5 of Nexus Prime... anyone got a Skyfall and Topspin for sale?

15. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

That's the tricky bit. I'm on the waiting list for these two right now from someone....

And I have a question for Pete about the following bit in the listing for Astrotrain and Airazor:

So if Astrotrain arrives with a broken tailfin, I'm out $49? :inquisiti  Are these ones that have been sitting in the back of the warehouse with water dripping on them and small furry creatures making nests in them?

Yes, I'm exaggerating for comedic effect. But am I just supposed to cross my fingers and hope? If a damaged box is the worst I need worry about, that's one thing. But figures sold as is?

16. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    This MAINLY applies to little things like blemishes on the figure and the box and so on. They should both be fine.

17. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Thanks. :) 

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are we going to get a "last call" warning when the number of unsold Astrotrains and Airazors falls to a certain point? I've been debating picking them up, too, but the money's not quite there right now... Still, I think I'd rather have a little extra credit card debt than miss them.

19. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pete can you explain the stuff about shipping large qauntities.

Am I missing something? Does it mean theres an additional charge on top of the shipping calculaters price if I order multiple items?

and

Is this the slightly cheaper option you used to offer on everything but now don't, if so any idea how much cheaper it works out at? Theres a few issues I missed but $35 shipping is a bit steep.