TFCC Exclusive Combiner-- the last two parts are the STORMCLOUD and BARRICADE molds

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    In the latest issue of the Transformers' Club magazine, in the Classics comic "Crossing Over" part 5, there is an engraving on a wall that obviously shows what the combined form of the Club exclusive toys will look like. From the engraving, it's pretty clear that the remaining limb will be the Stormcloud/Blackout mold, and the torso will be the Storm Jet mold (with no gestalt head remold, in case you were wondering).

Just thought I'd pass this info along to everyone-- oh, and don't PM me for scans, I won't give them to you.

EDIT/CORRECTION: Barricade is likely the core mold because of the shape of the chest. Khanna likely just over-did the size of the head crests.

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Don't be too quick to assume that the engravings mean what they seem to mean. It's possible (likely, even), but until we're told for sure, it's still speculation.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I had heard differently years ago, but that's kind of a disappointment.

4. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Yeah, weren't we lead to believe that the torso would be an all-new mold?

5. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Uhhh, no. We weren't.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The engraving doesn't give any indication as to color, I assume?

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No, just a remold.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ehh. Lame.

Especially after seeing some of the awesome GI Joe club freebies at JoeCon this weekend, our semi-clear, non-remolded, not-such-great-molds-to-begin-with exclusives are pretty dissapointing.

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it's 2 years out. I hope at least one part changes.

Because I will punch Storm Jet in the face with my fist.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    STORM JET??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! out of all three combiner leaders, that's my LEAST favorite, at least as a gestalt body.... I hope this isn't going to be true...

11. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    It's not a symbolic engraving at all. It's not a detailed engraving, to be sure, but the outline of the gestalt form is VERY clear. The copter-arm is in plain sight, and it's easy to see that the torso is Storm Jet from the head design (unless the artist really REALLY exaggerated Bruticus Maximus' head crests). Honestly, reading the comic there's no other conclusion you can come to than that it's the picture of their gestalt form engraved there.

Though it is worth nothing that the GESTALT head is not remolded (or if it is remolded, it's got the same shape). That doesn't necessarily mean that the NORMAL head on Storm Jet isn't remolded (not that I'm holding my breath).

I will admit I'm less certain on Storm Jet than on Stormcloud, though. The chest is rather bulky for Storm Jet-- there is a possibility that it COULD be Barricade as the core chest mold-- but the head really looks like Superion Maximus'.

No, it's engraved on tan rock.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Storm Jet is possible the worst of the three torsos. I hope he at least gets a remold to improve the chest connection if he is used. The rest doesn't have to be remolded, but that one little peg being fixed would really improve him in my eyes.

Stormcloud doesn't seem to be that bad as choices go, though.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If it's not the Storm Jet mold, for variety's sake, I hope it's the Barricade mold. I'd hate to see the Steamhammer mold used a 3rd time.

QFT! That's really the only thing that bothers me about that mold. I hope they do like Sol Fury suggests and fix it. :thumb 

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Especially since they already used the other two jet molds for the gestalt.

15. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I think you misunderstand me. I don't mean that the engraving (which I haven't seen) isn't clear enough. I mean that it may well be a red herring.

EDIT: Heading off the next probable comment, let me explain a possible scenario. I don't claim it's likely. Only that it's possible.

In this universe, the gestalt includes the molds described. But, suppose we learn that the combiner five are not (as has been assumed, with good reason) multiversal singularities. By the time we get to the end, we're in a new universe, with different characters joining those we've already met, resulting in a new end combiner form.

Don't bother picking this theory apart as unlikely. I'll admit as much myself. It's only a quickie examination off the top of my head of a possible alternative explanation. Comics are filled with them when one new bit of data seems to contradict what we were told earlier.

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, poor Landquake. :lol 

"You think you can flee from us by taking to the skies?! We are the ultimate fusion of interdimensional energon--"

"..."

"And Landquake here will take excellent photos of our aerial combat!"

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Of course, we were also told that all five figures were going to be remolded and look how that's turned out.

18. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    You know what? After looking back and forth between Bruticus Maximus and Superion Maximus and the club comic picture, I'm going to un-declare that the gestalt form necessarily has Storm Jet as the core mold. The chest lines look exactly like Bruticus Maximus'-- it looks like Dan Khanna just over-exaggerated the size of Bruticus Maximus' head crests. I can't make out the wings on the sides of the chest, and the part where the upper legs connect to the lower legs looks more like they're from the Barricade mold.

Sorry if I disappointed anyone unnecessarily.

To reiterate, in case someone is just scrolling by:

Barricade is likely the chest mold.

If a mod could change the title of this thread to reflect that, I'd be much obliged.

19. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    At least remolds were (potentially) within the realm of possibility. I'm shocked at how many people seem to think all-new molds were even possible, let alone something "we were led to believe."

20. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    also, quite frankly, this isn't news....well i guess it is a rumor...oh well. nvm