TFCC email to all members - Botcon Hotel Sold Out?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Draven, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The overflow hotel's a good idea, but the lack of rooms at the actual convention hotel is still a disappointment.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Ugh, they added MORE stuff to the Club Store later!? I e-mailed Angie, I hope she can combine my previous order with a set of Wave 2 Legends, I don't wanna have to pay double shipping...

3. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    its to be expected. There's a real nice hotel just off of route 95 in Warwick, RI, probably about 10 minutes from the convention center, all route 95. So there are options. If nothing else, I'll talk my folks into letting people camp out in their back yard... though that's about 45 minutes from the convention. No one will get to use the shower though:wink: 

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The issue with a hotel 10 minutes away though is that it's not at the convention center. Every Con I've gone to I've been at the hotel. It's easier on the toy drop off, it's easier for changing of clothes, just plain easier.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    That's for sure. I made this mistake at Botcon 99 in staying at the Radisson which was like 15+ min walk away from the con and it was a pain.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Made that mistake at Botcon 2002, I had to keep running out to the parking garage to my car and load it up...it was a hassle

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, I just reserved with the hotel that's about a thousand feet away. Hopefully that's close enough to be in on all the Convention Center action.

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I wonder if I will ever be able to go to Botcon. It seems to get more and more difficult everyday to find a convienent place to stay. I'll just stick to Transformerscon.

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I jumped on the hotel the second I found out about the convention rate being available. In 2002, the only other BotCon I've went to, I stayed at a motel about twenty-minutes away. So, carrying crap out to the car repeatedly, and having to run back to the room for clothes and stuff really sucked. It REALLY sucked. Wasn't going to be stuck with that again.

I do wonder if they didn't think the con was going to go over as well as it is? Or maybe the con's just going to be that much more insane this year because of all the extra interest generated by the movie, and the move to "Classics" characters.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Glad I got mine booked already.

I actually wanted to get a single bed room, so someone else could get a double bed reserved but I didn't see a way to specify that on the online reservation and it just defaulted me to a double. I'm gonna try calling and see if I can get that changed, hopefully it'll help someone out down the road.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Booked already? Amazing, this is going to be the best Botcon ever. *does happy dance*

12. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Liokaiser,
    Agreed, this will be an awesome year.

Draven,
    I dont think it was a lack of rooms being blocked off. I think it was just a huge demand coming off of last years success. Unfortunate as it may be, they might be able to reserve more rooms across the street.
    also if you need a room, I am sure you can room with us (Tom Meiler is in our room) PM me if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Greg
    Mini-con Guru

13. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why are people booking hotel rooms before tickets for the Convention are even on sale?

14. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Dude, that place we stayed at that year wa slike *miles* away from the actual con...not good :( 

15. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm glad hubby and I jumped on booking our hotel room. The last two Botcons we have stayed at hotels not close to the convention. In 05 we were thirty minutes away and last year, 10 minutes away. It was a pain lugging around all the merchandise I bought or talking to people so I can store my stuff in their hotel room till I left for the day. Should be a lot easier this year since I don't have to worry about hubby driving me around everywhere and I can just go up to the room, drop off my stuff and return to the convention floor.

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Well for a lot of us I'd say it's because we allready planned to be there. I booked my flight as soon as they announced the dates (So it's paid for and I don't have to budget for it) and got my room booked immediately when the rate went live since I knew where I wanted to stay and even had the room-mates situation set in stone...I'll pay my reg and get it faxed the day that form goes live too :)  A lot of us started planning this years Botcon AT last year's show so getting all the details locked in place ASAP was all pre-planned :) 

17. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

There's more hotels...

Hey Gang,
    There's more hotel's in downtown Providence than the Westin. There's two that are directly across the street (Biltmore and Courtyard Marriot) and a couple more that are a 5 minute or less drive (Hotel Providence, State House Inn (bed and breakfast!!!) and the Marriot Hotels Suite Resorts).

Or if you're really nice to him, maybe Archer will let you stay at his place.

word,
    ej.

18. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But if it wasn't for that hotel, I wouldn't have gotten to know Tricky.

I wouldn't have gotten to talk to you about Eddie Izzard, or talk about how to correctly pronounce "anime" ;) 

19. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ok, other than convenience, does one get anything special for staying at the con. Cause I only live 30 minutes away, and just need to justify the cost of a room if I try and get one.

20. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, they only did that at OTFCC. It is only convenience.

Of course they haven't announced any details yet, but I highly doubt that FP would start doing that.