tfcc customer service

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mechfiend, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with the collectors club's customer service. My over run came with a broken door and I've been trying to get a hold of someone there to find out if I can get a replacement. At first I emailed admin2@.. last Monday and then again on wednesday. I also called and talked to a lady who told me to email her, which I did. I still haven't heard anything back and am getting a little impatient. Is this standard practice for them (ie. their customer service stinks?)

2. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They normally are pretty good, one of the clubs all too few bright spots. However I did just try calling, and they have changed their phones to go to a general voicemail box which they never did before. A practice I detests, If I Pay you money, you talk to me!

3. mechfiend

I agree! maybe they are just super busy due to botcon and shipping everything else out.. at least I hope that's what it is.

4. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I'm gonna guess they're really busy, since I also know that I can't seem to renew my membership from their website. Probably still trying to deal with all the backwash from the CC hacking that's been going on.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Their store is currently offline as they continue their CC hack investigation. There's a PDF on their website that you can fill out, print out, and send with a check or money order.

6. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    I have had bad experiences with Funpubs customer service. They are terrible with communication. I am currently in the process of trying to get my Botcon registration money refunded. I've been emailing and talking to them on the phone repeatedly for a month now. There is still no end in sight. It's been a pain and I can't wait to wash my hands of them forever.

7. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which email address did you use? I needed to email them as well but all I had was angie@funpubinc.com

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    good luck...with all the clusterfuck of stuff they got going on with the web site fiasco and everything else ...you will need it.

9. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    I initially sent an e-mail to admin@botcon.com. I received a reply from brian@funpubinc.com and he forwarded my request to angie@funpubinc.com. Angie seems to be there customer service rep and your inquiries will probably end up going to her no matter who you contact.

As a follow up to my previous post. My Botcon refund check was in the mail today when I got home.

10. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I think I'll just wait until they get it all cleared up. I already missed out on Over-Run/Runabout, and getting Runamuck without his bro would just be kind of sad.

Also, I have no checks :lol 

11. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Angie was the one replying to my emails too. She's actually fairly quick about replying so I'd say email her directly and not Brian or admin cuz it will just eventually be funneled to Angie.

12. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I think they're snowed under with everything that's happening. They're still shipping out figures and they'll still be helping with investigation related to the Internet fraud and the upgrade of their various sites.

I emailed the Admin2 address, and then used the Web contact form but heard nothing, so it was suggested to email Pete for help. I went with that option and had a response within 15 minutes.
    I've been happy with things since, and are hoping that my SG Drift arrives intact and in good condition.

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I got charged twice when I ordered Over-Run (and I knew why immedietly. my fault not thiers) waited to see if I'd get two...when I didn't I called and immedietly spoke to a woman who was an absolute joy. we got it all worked out and had no problems. got my refund check a week later in the mail.

Total Class act on the phones.

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I've called them several times about many diffrent things, and I find it funnny how the club only has 2-3 people to answer customer calls. Whether it's Cathy, Angie or Becky. You'd think a company with as many customers as FunPub would have a hundred operators like the phone company does.

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yeah but, they have a peak call volume two times a year. when there's not a botcon or a exclusive toy, they probably field VERY few calls. also given the fact that when I called a week ago and got RIGHT through even though one would think we're IN that peak time.....means they're handling it rather well.

16. mechfiend

Thanks much, I'll email them. Karen@funpub was the lady who I emailed.

17. mechfiend

I sent Angie an email, hope she gets back to me

18. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    That's exactly the thing though...you should never have to just "wait" or "hope" for customer service. Customer service is what you paid for in your membership fee, and customer service should be what you demand.

I would do it in a tasteful way, but I would absolutely give them a call (if you have the means), and vent your frustration about the lack of customer service.

Before the whole credit card scandal of 2012, it still took a WEEK to get a response from the Transformers Collector's Club via e-mail. I had e-mailed the office via the "Contact Us" link on their web site, and after five days...never received the response. I re-typed my message, albeit a little more negatively, and all of a sudden I get a response.

Customer satisfaction and communication is a key ingredient of a good company. Especially with modern technology, we should get a generic response immediately, and a personal response within 24 to 48 hours. If they don't have the means, they need to hire more people.

Being busy with Botcon is not an excuse. Being a "small" family-based business is not an excuse. I'm not saying to pull the license from Fun Publications, but as a company, they are never going to learn unless we vent our frustration.

Don't sit idly by and "hope" for a response.

19. mechfiend

Damned straight squall, I'm calling again today. over a week with out a response is pretty inexcusable. If I were to treat my customers that way, I'd be out of a job along w/ my manager.

20. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a response from Angie only a few hours after I had emailed her. Unfortunately, it wasn't the answer I was looking for but still......lol