TFCC Club Sales again!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegax80, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
  2. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No discount for the normal people

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I like how $169 is crossed out and replaced with $169 :p 

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I don't get it. At $105, the Club could have definitely enticed even more sales and gotten a boost in membership numbers. At $169, the Club can (and will) keep them.

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Agreed that it doesn't make sense, but is there a prohibition against joining the club, then buying?

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure you can just join up, then buy them at the discount. Unless they're moron and wouldn't let you do that for some reason.

Almost makes me want to join up, but I have zero interest in that Dion figure.

7. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Yeah, I just put the membership and the sale for the two figures in the cart and the total was $105.

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For non-members, you can join the club and buy the figures for $105. That's certainly a discount from $169.

9. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

That's great then, but doesn't make sense. For past exclusive items, they price everything at $40 extra for the membership. Has that changed now? Or do they want to leave open the odd chance someone will pay for the $65 membership?

10. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    Well if they discounted the member's price to $89, I don't think anyone would buy them still. I guess they are trying to get rid of these.

Edit: So you are looking at it from the way that the figures are $40 themselves and the membership is $65? If you look at the prices before discount, the difference between member and non-member is still $40. It looks odd now because they did not discount the non-member's price.

11. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Well, the set is on sale for $65 and the membership is $40 hence the $105 total in the cart.

EDIT: Also what Alung posted.

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

What are you guys talking about? I'm just confused that the club wouldn't list a $105 non-member price and include membership. It's going to look more appealing to customers than leaving the $169 price and forcing you to hunt down a membership listing to add to your cart.

Are there, or are there not two membership options, at $40 and $65?

EDIT: It's $40 and $62.

13. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Ah, never mind then. You quoted me, but didn't look to the message that I had in turn quoted for context, so I misunderstood. Apologies as I did the same. As I previously agreed with, it doesn't make sense that they have the non-member price at the regular price that is listed, particularly when you can achieve the same thing by adding each to your cart separately. I'm sure they'll change that listing.

Anyhow, we're on the same page, here.

EDIT: Again, what Alung says. That makes sense with the cost of membership being different depending on country, although they could still advertise with the lower figure and include a disclaimer. (Probably not worth it, though, due to confusion.)

14. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    Ah, I see what you mean now. Well the reason that they didn't list the non-member price as $105 is because of the international membership price. Say what if someone lives outside the US, for example, Canada?

15. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably because there are different prices for 1st class, 3rd class, canadian 1st class, and international options for joining the club. I suppose they could have listed the member price for the figures ($65), price for the figures + 1st class membership ($127), price for the figures + 3rd class membership ($105), and price for the figures + canadian membership ($134 + canadian shipping for the figures if it's addiontal), and price for the figures + international membership ($154 + international shipping for the figures if it's additional) but seems a bit too much work.

16. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    So, anybody interested in an Airazor and/or the mini-cons? I just want the Astrotrain.

Edit: I bit and bought the set. I only want Astrotrain. PM me if interested in Airazor, the 3 mini-cons (astro-hook, line, sinker), and/or the box at a discounted price.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  17. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I don't think any of you are paying attention to what else is on the damn store. :lol  If you look at the remaining Nexus Prime members or back issues, you'll see what I'm talking about. Those listings don't bother with every membership option, so there's a disconnect between what the Club Store normally does and is for this sale. It's just less intuitive, not the end of the world, so I'm leaving it at that.

18. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Well, I am not a member nor do I browse the store normally, but you are correct. Looking at the member section, it seems that they already have the disclaimer that the non-member price includes the $40 TCC membership for exclusives, so indeed the non-member price for the sale isn't consistent with their normal practice.

Anyhow, this is silly. The sale is nice for both members and non-members and TCC should update the sale for non-members to reflect their normal practices.

19. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats a good price for both. Might get them when I sign up to get the free Dion.

20. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Man. I'd love both of those, but this comes at a wretched time for me to be doing any "fluff" spending. And then hearing I need to pay for membership, THEN the figures? Crap on a stick, I won't be seeing these two.