TFCC Cheetor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by T16skyhopp, Jun 7, 2011.

1. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A quick review of TFA Cheetor.

I picked him up at Botcon due to his innclusion in the comic. I was going to pass but the comic was too good to not get everyone possible. Greg Berger's script reading performance of him helped as well.

Overall he is nice. The price is steep because of his exclusiveness so don't expect anything higher quality than a straight up deluxe. He is a $13 dollar toy at a $50 price.

The vehicle mode is mostly the same as Blurr, aside from the different rear 'antenna'. The Yellow is nice and the spots look good. I am in the camp that would have preferred techno spots on the car (they are only on the robot mode) but I am not bothered by the organic spots. The translucent green plastic for the headlight and saw look great and work well with the yellow.

Robot mode is nice as well. Orange and green paint apps on the torso look great. Big tampo autobot symbol, plus some green on the knees. The techno spots are nice on the arms, chest and thighs. They are a little small so you have to look to see the edges but they are there and well applied. I have no issues with the face sculpt. I think it came out okay. Maybe not as good as it could have but its not bad, except...

Big EXCEPT.

There is no black paint app on the face and its looks GOOFY. He really needs the lining on the eyes at the very least. As far as I can tell the whole app was left off at the factory and that's that. The one in the botcon case was the same, as are a few photos I could find online. If the club ever orders a second run with the corrected app I hope they would offer a exchange or a discount for those that already own him.

Overall, I like him. It looks a little doofy, but whatever. The lack of black on the face bothered me at first, but I am over it. That being said, it is an issue and will and should be a deal breaker for many people. Cheetor was an impulse buy at the con to complete the animated characters from the comic. I am glad I have him, but beware. He was expensive and is missing an important paint app.

edit: sorry about the sideways iphone pictures. They look fine on my computer, not sure whats wrong.

Attached Files:

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Missing paint apps aside, I think it looks pretty good.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    any chance you can take the head apart???

4. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got to mess with somebody's Cheetor who was standing in line with me for a panel. It's a really solid toy. Just wish the price wasn't so high or else I would have gotten one instantly.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Woah are those some tiny, hard to see eyes.

He still looks derpy to me, but it was a good mold choice.

6. T16skyhopp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He has a screw in the back, so yeah, I think you can. I'd be tempted to get a gundam marker or something and line his face, but I've ever done it before and don't want to start on a $50+ toy.

One of the customizers in the dealer room was painting them up, but I didn't have time to get him to do mine.

7. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even with a black line, the eyes are just way too far back for the head to be anything but entirely off.

They really dropped the ball on this one.

8. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Exact same situation. however, i'm growing to like his head just fine

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really hope Reprolabels makes a set for him with the tech spots instead of organic spots.

Hopefully a set from them will fix the eyes too.

10. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved him in the comic and his artwork, but the face on this toy is just too derpy for me..... Maybe paint apps would help. I'll only get him if I see him at a discounted rate, he'll probably end up collecting dust like Air Razor (who was sold for $10 if you join TFC at botcon) or Armada repaint Astrotrain.

11. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

Before I got this in hand I could not find any pictures showing his face from an angle. Hopefully someone else would like to see it this way too.

[​IMG]

12. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I'm kind of worried about breaking the middle fin on his head and having no previous experience with this mold (skipped Blurr), I'm finding him a little harder to transform than I thought he'd be. Everything tabs in ridiculously tight in alt mode, especially the tabs on the roof that plug into the back wheels. Getting those out in order to transform him into 'bot mode is a little scary. On the other hand, I wish there was a little more friction to hold the black pieces in place where they tab into the back of the chest. Minor complaint really, he's not floppy by any means.

I've been debating it since I got him today and I think I'm going to go ahead and add black to better match the artwork and the original mock-up toy. Not too worried about him losing his value since I don't foresee him leaving my collection in the near future. Hope I don't screw it up. Will post my results.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Blurr's head spike is rubber which surprised me that they used hard plastic for Cheetor's.

14. LemonPrime

News Credits:
    Had Cheetor been available at retail it would undoubtedly be rubber too. I suppose the Club doesn't have to abide by all the safety regulations with the toy itself, which is why they have to put the "Not intended for children" disclaimer on the box and instructions.

15. LemonPrime

News Credits:
    Went ahead and painted mine. Overall, I'm happy with the results. The freckles are a pain and I'll be redoing them. The toy barely has the little dimple/cleft on the upper "lip" so I didn't bother with it. I have a pretty bad tremor in my left hand so working at that scale is a real challenge for me. Needs touch-ups but you get the general idea. I also painted the upper forearms where the ball joint plugs into the socket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Gimme!!!

17. T16skyhopp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Black looks way better.

assuming the hard plastic was to keep costs down. To do rubber they would have to make 2 molds, doubling tooling costs as well as double the production process.

18. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    Time to find the good old Gundam markers for this one. He looks much better painted with the black.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That black makes a world of difference. It's still an awesome figure, but yeah when I first popped him open I thought for a sec mine was missing eyes...than I looked at it again and realized they're just easy to miss at first.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got him a few days ago. I like it. The head mold looks kinda odd, but I don't mind.