TFCC/BBTS Skalor Seacon Misassembly QC Issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Foster, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Last week I got the TFCC Seacon set. Really impressed with it but I found an assembly error on Skalor. One of the screws holding the body together didn't meet its mark on the robot/fish back piece. This was the top-left screw as you look at Skalor in robot mode from the front.

Anyway, it was easy to disassemble and reseat. And it was easy to notice as well because the two body haves weren't sitting flush.

I was just wondering if any other owners of the TFCC or BBTS Seacons sets had to bust out the screwdrivers as well. It looked like a mold issue. One of the pre-drilled posts on the back plate was crooked, and that's why the screw missed.

If it's not a widespread issue, then I'm wondering if these warehouse finds aren't store returns. I'd have to recommend to anyone who got in on the promotion check your exclusives extra carefully while the return window is open.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a Snaptrap with two right (or was it left?) fists. Also my Tentakil has a PIN going through at a slight angle making his backpack/beast legs off center. This is for the TFCC version...

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my BBTS Seacons were fine, and haven't heard of this error. you probably just got "lucky"