TFC Verti-aid

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Verti Aid Review

The quality of plastic TFC is working with is spot on and I notice the big steps this company is taking in bringing more life to its figures. I am talking about the face sculpts on the 4 members besides hydrant. Verti Aid looks exactly like my best friend in the 4th grade!

Good:
    Good things I can say about Verti Aid. I would like to start off with the slick engineering on TFC's part. The transformation is simple-but oh man is it clever!
    • Rescue chopper mode: Despite the three guns he comes with. Verti Aid does not look like a transformer. He looks like a model helicopter sitting on my table. He got the compliment by a friend that came over.
    • Paint: TFC have 'indeed' out done themselves on the entire team. On Verti Aid. Different shades of blue metallic paint, blue paint, red and white.
    • Quality control: Solid piece of plastic on the main parts of Verti Aid-I am just shocked how TFC has come along way from Hercules figures. On that note it's time for Uranos and Hercules to get upgraded.
    • Chopper propellers: Bad ass! Blades on this figure are eye catching. Beautiful color scheme with black, red and silver. Simply best paint app I have seen in a month next Warbotrons' Whirlwind paint app.
    • Rocker joints: This is important. The rocker joints on the shoulders do have butter fly joints. Also when you're transforming him you have to rock the assembly down. But be sure the plastic peg piece is sticking up. You will see once you open the shoulders up.

Bad:
    Kibble-kibble:
    Unfortunately Verti Aid suffers the same back pack kibble like Red Cross does. The helicopter kibble on his back looks like red breast with a black nipple-that sits on his back. It's funny but you know I spend from 80 to 100 bucks a figure here. Not being mean, but look I do expect perfection since I am dishing out collector price for these figures. Also helping on the fence buyers read my review before they role with TFC's Prometheus. Furthermore Verti Aid has side panel kibble too. In regards to the 'thin' red plastic on ball joint sockets-can't for the life of me make all that work. What I am talking about are the door panels that will be on his back once you have him in bot mode. I wish the red panels would lock into place on one of the doors-but they don't.
    • Tail flaps: the tail flaps can be a 'tiny' pain. When I have Verti Aid in bot mode. I ignored the instruction and fan-made how I want them to sit on his legs. My answer I wrapped them on back of his legs-so the wings flaps peg into the legs securely.

Overall:

I will give Verti Aid a solid 9 out of ten. He's far from perfect- but he's a lot of fun like Hydrant and warning line. I will get into the reviews of the rest of the team later.
    What I mean by far from perfect is the back kibble. Must find away to get the back pack kibble to work on Verti Aid. I just don't want to put the panels in a baggy with the rest of the kibble of other figures.

I will do a review on the combine mode later...Still tinkering with Prometheus

FYI: Last picture is how I am rocking the big ass gun...My 'custom' so far.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Solid review bro...very thorough as usual. He IS pretty kibbly, but I guess it's kinda to be expected from a coptor bot...DANG! to get or NOT to get is the question...Sheesh!

3. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

It's like preparing for a fall.

That is the question my friend. And to add to your quote I say this again. It's like preparing for a fall. What I mean by that-I went knowing I would have to deal with kibble. On the other hand TFC upgraded the quality of plastic on this set. If anyone wants in on this set...Just be prepared to do some 'fan tooling' here.
    Verti Aid kibble parts was left up to me...With the side doors my friend. I pop them off for bot mode and combine mode. He's much easier to manage. After all the trouble shooting/ frustration I dealt with Uranos...I knew what I was getting into for investing in the Prometheus project.

In closing if you want to deal with kibble and not pay maketoy price-then go for this set.

If you 'absolutely' do not want to deal with kibble-stay away from this set. When it comes to kibble I expect it from tfc because their kibble can be worked with/ adjusted or do a with. Combine mode I am still playing with Prometheus...He's grown on me and the sound of those stubborn joints is music to me:) 

Attached Files: