Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NECIO, Sep 30, 2016.
TF-02 Red Knight
DaimChoc Reports - ダイムチョック・リポーツ
My re-seller told me the same thing. I have two of the same side headlight casings. The re-seller was sent some spare black side mirrors and headlights but didn't get any of the headlight casings. They'll come with TF-02 they were told.
Ok my Raging Bull has been sitting here for over a week now. I have yet to transform him and I have yet to open the parts baggie. I can't decide whether to keep him or sell him... He looks nice, but people say he's fiddly and overly complex... I hate the size of his little dude.. Also Red Knight doesn't look as good as I had hoped...
People say a lot of things... Try to transform him and form your own opinion!
I'm in a similar place right now -- I have RBull here, unopened, unsure if I want to open it. That red one doesn't look very good and they both have silly tiny heads. Need to see full color combined mode photos to determine if this is a keeper or not.
Crack that bad boy. I've been where you are numerous times and sold off figures I never even transformed. It's kind of like ordering a delicious pizza and then tossing it in the trash before eating a single piece. At the very least you transform him and then re-sell after not liking him. You already have him and he's lost his initial retail value, so you might as well indulge.
The transformation isn't too bad. Just be careful. When I went to transform him back to car mode the first time, his foot broke off.
Fiddly, yes, because some parts are on jointed arms that have to be moved and twisted to get stuff to sit where it's supposed to. But it's not complex at all. Aside from getting his feet back into car mode it's honestly pretty easy.
I can't stand complex transformations and I found Raging Bull to be kinda fun
Watch Red Knight be missing something and you should get the last one to get the parts. Lol
That's how they'll get me!
Since I'm not planning on getting the buggy.
I don't know about fiddly. There's a lot of things I don't like about him, which I suspect have to do with his weird combination schtick as well as his Brainmaster gimmick. The fact that it's once again a TFC release that ended up missing parts did a lot to dampen my enthusiasm.
- Great little bot mode. Very striking figure with a unique 'Japanese' look to him that sets him apart from the blockier Lamborghini offerings.
- Smooth joints, solid toy overall. It's light, but doesn't feel cheap.
- A great execution of what in my opinion was sort of a dumb gimmick in the first place.
- He doesn't tab together as well as I'd like in robot mode. I feel like most of him is being held together by his backpack (even if it's not the case).
- He has some really annoying design flaws. His arms are wonky and reduce posing by requiring them to be bent at 90 degree angles before you can swivel his biceps.
- His Brainmaster gimmick ruins both immersion and head mobility. The optional head fixes it mostly, but his head has no mobility without it. Also, the Brainmaster is TINY. He's the size of a baby/toddler compared to the car mode.
- Missing bits. I have a love/hate of TFC and their constant producing of toys that look great with one annoying defect. With mine, I was missing tail lights and head light parts.
Hope this helps.
This is a great write up and I agree with most of your observations. Fortunately mine included the tail light pieces, but the headlights are so tiny I dropped one into medium pile carpet and it's gone forever. I read in this thread that TFC plan to include back ups with the next figure, which is awesome and a nice needed plus.
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. By my reckoning, I end up buying so much crap I can at least share my experiences with others.
I contacted The Chosen Prime about my missing parts, and they're looking into it. They're great about this kind of thing.
It's not gone forever if you're creative enough. Take a vacuum cleaner, stretch a pair of nylons over the vacuum head, vacuum the area you dropped it, and check the nylon before you turn off the vacuum. MacGyver that bitch and save your toy!
Separate names with a comma.